Helpful Links

What a ridiculous deposite refund!

What a ridiculous deposite refund!

Last fall(2011) I first joined a family plan of AT&T. Because I'm an international user, I was required to save $500 deposit. After 3 months we canceled the plan and an employee said my deposit would be returned to my address by a check.

One month passed,

two months passed,

we didn't receive anything!

Then I called your custom service and an employee answered me that the deposit would be return in April, 2012. OK, the answer sounds promising. At the end of April I still got nothing from AT&T. And I couldn't bear any more. I went to a AT&T store with the owner of my previous family plan. An employee said we should provide the account of the previous family plan. However, the owner had canceled the plan from last year. How can we offer the account?? After at least 40 minutes communication with your system we finally got the result: the check would be delivered in 15 business days.

Maybe you think the story would end.

Don't feel naive to AT&T!

The reality is till now I haven't received any check from AT&T!

I really really have no idea what's wrong with your system. A deposit refund lasts half a year!! I never experience any company with such extremely terrible service.

I'm not fabricating a story now. Here is the hint you can track back.

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: What a ridiculous deposite refund!

Did you break contract? Did you pay the ETF? if nit the deposit went against that
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7

I didn't break your any contract. The owner and another member of our previous family plan broke their contracts, because they quit earlier than contract required. But the point is they paid the money of breaking contracts. We have more than 800 dollars need to return. Where is this money?

Message 3 of 7

No one cares about this??

OK, this issure will be successfully delayed to next week.

Low efficiency....

Message 4 of 7
Expert

zhaozhao123 wrote:

No one cares about this??

OK, this issure will be successfully delayed to next week.

Low efficiency....

you do realize this is a peer to peer forum and not a true support forum right? Best you can do is PM  here with the details and she will forward it on. Outside of that no oneon the forum can help you at all

Message 5 of 7
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry that you haven't received your deposit yet. 

If you cancel your account the security deposit is applied to the account balance. After all final charges have posted to the account, any remaining credit balance will be refunded.

Cancelled accounts with an eligible credit balance are processed 60 days after the account has been cancelled. You stated you are outside of the US so there may have been address issues or other concerns. 

Since you visited the store and were eventually about to get the issue addressed, please wait the 15 days for the check to arrive. If after that time passes, you do not have the check; please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Thanks everyone who concerns this issue.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support