Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 13, 2011
7:29:42 PM
What a disappointing mess!
I ordered my new iPhone 4s on the 7th at 7:00 am from AT&T over the phone. I received a confirmation email with an order number. I have tried checking on the site everyday to see when my order will be shipped but I keep getting the same message that my order cannot be found...wait 24 hours from time of order...etc. The 800 number also does not have record of my order. My credit card no longer has a hold on it, but the charge has actually posted to my account and did so on 11th. I have called AT&T several times and each time I have gotten a different story...1st they said that my order didn't actually post until 9th and so I would not get my phone until 21-28 days. 2nd time they said they didn't know when I would get my phone, but it was in their system with a totally different order number than the one they sent me, and 3rd time I called they said that my phone was being shipped priority but could not give me a tracking number, or a firm date on whether I would get it tomorrow or 28 days from now. They said they could not tell by their system when or if I will get my phone tomorrow or in a couple of weeks??? I am normally a patient person and have no issue waiting to get the latest phone... But my phone stopped working on the 4th (I can make a call but the speaker doesn't work) and I purposely waited so I could get new iPhone. It is affecting my whole life....I had no idea how dependent I was on my phone.

Is anyone else having any issues that are similar? I am just so disgusted that here it is the 13th and one AT&T person says I will get it tomorrow, one says 21-28 days, and one has no idea. Ughhhhhhhh
I ordered my new iPhone 4s on the 7th at 7:00 am from AT&T over the phone. I received a confirmation email with an order number. I have tried checking on the site everyday to see when my order will be shipped but I keep getting the same message that my order cannot be found...wait 24 hours from time of order...etc. The 800 number also does not have record of my order. My credit card no longer has a hold on it, but the charge has actually posted to my account and did so on 11th. I have called AT&T several times and each time I have gotten a different story...1st they said that my order didn't actually post until 9th and so I would not get my phone until 21-28 days. 2nd time they said they didn't know when I would get my phone, but it was in their system with a totally different order number than the one they sent me, and 3rd time I called they said that my phone was being shipped priority but could not give me a tracking number, or a firm date on whether I would get it tomorrow or 28 days from now. They said they could not tell by their system when or if I will get my phone tomorrow or in a couple of weeks??? I am normally a patient person and have no issue waiting to get the latest phone... But my phone stopped working on the 4th (I can make a call but the speaker doesn't work) and I purposely waited so I could get new iPhone. It is affecting my whole life....I had no idea how dependent I was on my phone.

Is anyone else having any issues that are similar? I am just so disgusted that here it is the 13th and one AT&T person says I will get it tomorrow, one says 21-28 days, and one has no idea. Ughhhhhhhh

What a disappointing mess!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:15:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

I ordered on Saturday a.m., and have called several times, and only tonight did I get a rep who knew what to do.  She had to re-enter my credit card info and billing info.  Even though I'd never been contacted that anything was wrong, and all the other reps had said all was well with the order, the system is acting as if I'd just now ordered it so it will be 14 - 21 days.  Ridiculous! 

They did give me a $25 credit.

I ordered on Saturday a.m., and have called several times, and only tonight did I get a rep who knew what to do.  She had to re-enter my credit card info and billing info.  Even though I'd never been contacted that anything was wrong, and all the other reps had said all was well with the order, the system is acting as if I'd just now ordered it so it will be 14 - 21 days.  Ridiculous! 

They did give me a $25 credit.

Re: What a disappointing mess!

2 of 5 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:24:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
My credit card charge has already posted to my account. Had yours posted or had a hold on it? I just can't believe the way they are handling this. $25 credits I am sure are nice, but being told one thing after another just to get me off the phone is not acceptable. If they would just come out and say it will be 28 days to begin with, then I would have been able to make a choice. Now I feel stuck.
My credit card charge has already posted to my account. Had yours posted or had a hold on it? I just can't believe the way they are handling this. $25 credits I am sure are nice, but being told one thing after another just to get me off the phone is not acceptable. If they would just come out and say it will be 28 days to begin with, then I would have been able to make a choice. Now I feel stuck.

3 of 5 (268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:29:09 PM
(0)
Mentor

My credit card never did show the charge.  I don't know if the fellow who took the order initially just messed it up or if the system was just so messed up that it never took it.  it took about 25 minutes to place the order inititally.  I just wish they'd have sent an email saying there was something wrong.  I've called several times and each rep said all was well, until tonight's rep said it wasn't and knew how to fix it.  Sigh....

They really shouldn't do the pre-order thing.  I think it just gets everyone confused. 

My credit card never did show the charge.  I don't know if the fellow who took the order initially just messed it up or if the system was just so messed up that it never took it.  it took about 25 minutes to place the order inititally.  I just wish they'd have sent an email saying there was something wrong.  I've called several times and each rep said all was well, until tonight's rep said it wasn't and knew how to fix it.  Sigh....

They really shouldn't do the pre-order thing.  I think it just gets everyone confused. 

4 of 5 (249 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:45:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes it does get everyone confused, mad, etc. I am beyond disappointed in how this has went down. They make too much money to have the excuse of being overwhelmed. They have had a year to get ready for a new launch and from what I have heard, this happens every time. I am sure some have a seamless experience but I have spent more time and energy on this than I care to admit only because my 3G is broken. I am ready for it to be over. Not a buying experience you want to have when you are paying them thousands of dollars a year in phone and bills.
Yes it does get everyone confused, mad, etc. I am beyond disappointed in how this has went down. They make too much money to have the excuse of being overwhelmed. They have had a year to get ready for a new launch and from what I have heard, this happens every time. I am sure some have a seamless experience but I have spent more time and energy on this than I care to admit only because my 3G is broken. I am ready for it to be over. Not a buying experience you want to have when you are paying them thousands of dollars a year in phone and bills.

5 of 5 (217 Views)