What Does it Mean to Renew Your Contract?

Professor

What Does it Mean to Renew Your Contract?

Once I upgraded my phone, receiving a subsidy in exchange for renewing a two-year commitment with AT&T Mobility, I thought that the old contract was null and void and replaced with the new contract.  The old contract had not expired (7/12), but I was upgrade eligible at the 20 month mark (3/12).

I have been denied the iPhone unlock, I guess because I had not completed the two-year commitment.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Is AT&T saying that I currently have two concurrent contracts on one line, one expiring 7/12 and the other expiring 3/14?  Or is AT&T saying that I have one 24-month contract that will end 7/12 and another 20-month contract will run from 7/12-3/14?

Moderators, please don't move this to the iPhone forum.  Even though I would not have questioned this had I not been denied the iPhone unlock (I would not have been aware of this conundrum), this question is strictly related to contracts related to phone upgrades.

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: What Does it Mean to Renew Your Contract?

I am surprised unless you need to wait 30 days so you don't get your unlock then reverse your upgrade. I would have thought you have one contract right now for two more years.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 5
Professor

That's just it.  Yesterday should have been day 32 for my upgrade purchase.  Today, I got the rejection email for the iPhone 4 unlock.

I think that I have one two-year contract that expires March 2014, as well.  I'm just trying to understand AT&T's logic.  I will call them later on today; I just wanted to avoid adding one more call to their cue.

Message 3 of 5
Master

Did you upgrade to the iPhone on the other line?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

I only have one line on AT&T Mobility.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support