What 3G Coverage

Tutor

What 3G Coverage

I am a long time BB user, so when the Bold came out with 3G I had to get it. That's back when AT&T launch the campaign how fast their 3G was compared to Verizon. The biggest problem I have with that is, it doesn't matter how fast it is without coverage. I'll sacrifice speed for coverage any day. When is AT& T going to get it. Suspense for coverage is until my contract is up and then I switching to Verizon. I travel quite a bit, my co worker has Verizon,  everywhere we go he has 3G he has coverage where I don't, when we do both have coverage we race and AT&T isn't  as fast as they claim to be.

421 Views
Message 1 of 20

Re: What 3G Coverage

 


wav3form wrote:

 


Banchilover101 wrote:

farmertg wrote:

I am a long time BB user, so when the Bold came out with 3G I had to get it. That's back when AT&T launch the campaign how fast their 3G was compared to Verizon. The biggest problem I have with that is, it doesn't matter how fast it is without coverage. I'll sacrifice speed for coverage any day. When is AT& T going to get it. Suspense for coverage is until my contract is up and then I switching to Verizon. I travel quite a bit, my co worker has Verizon,  everywhere we go he has 3G he has coverage where I don't, when we do both have coverage we race and AT&T isn't  as fast as they claim to be.


  When does your contract end? Maybe if it ends pretty far into the near future, maybe you'll receive better 3G coverage by then...? Also, what city/state are you located in?


My contract is up in 3 months and unless AT&T can get me 3G coverage in my town, they will lose a customer.  2009 they promised we'd have 3G.  LOL 

 


 

Did you know if you call at&t, you can ask them if there are new towers being built and where they care? Personally I called the cancelation line and the guy I talked to told me where the new tower was being built, how far away from me, and facts about it. It was very helpful, you might wanna try that. 

 

Also have you checked the coverage map for Sprint, Verizon, etc etc for 3G coverage?

Message 16 of 20
Highlighted

Re: What 3G Coverage

 


Dellman87 wrote:

 


wav3form wrote:

 


Banchilover101 wrote:

farmertg wrote:

I am a long time BB user, so when the Bold came out with 3G I had to get it. That's back when AT&T launch the campaign how fast their 3G was compared to Verizon. The biggest problem I have with that is, it doesn't matter how fast it is without coverage. I'll sacrifice speed for coverage any day. When is AT& T going to get it. Suspense for coverage is until my contract is up and then I switching to Verizon. I travel quite a bit, my co worker has Verizon,  everywhere we go he has 3G he has coverage where I don't, when we do both have coverage we race and AT&T isn't  as fast as they claim to be.


  When does your contract end? Maybe if it ends pretty far into the near future, maybe you'll receive better 3G coverage by then...? Also, what city/state are you located in?


My contract is up in 3 months and unless AT&T can get me 3G coverage in my town, they will lose a customer.  2009 they promised we'd have 3G.  LOL 

 


 

Did you know if you call at&t, you can ask them if there are new towers being built and where they care? Personally I called the cancelation line and the guy I talked to told me where the new tower was being built, how far away from me, and facts about it. It was very helpful, you might wanna try that. 

 

Also have you checked the coverage map for Sprint, Verizon, etc etc for 3G coverage?


I didn't call the cancelation line because my contract is up in about two months so i'll decide what to do until then.  I have chatted online with an AT&T rep and they said 3G is coming soon.  LOL  Sprint and Verizon have saturated this area with 3G so it stinks paying the same amount and not getting comparable service. 

 

Message 17 of 20
Scholar

Re: What 3G Coverage

ya come on over, i switched to vzw friday the 23rd, now i got 3g in owensboro,ky

and i got a signal in parts of my house i never had before, and i can even make a phone

call without droping,yelp that's right i can make a phone call in my houseSmiley Happy all these

years (15) waised on att. just got tired of being mislead my att, and last thursday was the last

straw,i hung up from att,went to the vzw store picked out the phone i wanted,called vzw and

told them i was thinking about leaving att and wanted to know if they had any deals on the

phone i wanted, they knocked off $150.00 on the phone,plus i got another 50.00 in mail in rebate

plus free over night shipping and free activation,plus they still have the $30.00 unlimed data,

by 12pm friday i had my new service. i will admit i will mis the rollover's, but i learn to live without

them,after all rollovers mean nothing if you can't make the call and use them.i never thought

i would live to see 3g in my house it's great.

Message 18 of 20
Master

Re: What 3G Coverage


retiredarmy wrote:

ya come on over, i switched to vzw friday the 23rd, now i got 3g in owensboro,ky

and i got a signal in parts of my house i never had before, and i can even make a phone

call without droping,yelp that's right i can make a phone call in my houseSmiley Happy all these

years (15) waised on att. just got tired of being mislead my att, and last thursday was the last

straw,i hung up from att,went to the vzw store picked out the phone i wanted,called vzw and

told them i was thinking about leaving att and wanted to know if they had any deals on the

phone i wanted, they knocked off $150.00 on the phone,plus i got another 50.00 in mail in rebate

plus free over night shipping and free activation,plus they still have the $30.00 unlimed data,

by 12pm friday i had my new service. i will admit i will mis the rollover's, but i learn to live without

them,after all rollovers mean nothing if you can't make the call and use them.i never thought

i would live to see 3g in my house it's great.


Glad to see the switch worked out for you. Smiley Happy

 

Which phone from Verizon did you end up getting?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 19 of 20
Professor

Re: What 3G Coverage

I'd never go with any 'coming soon' messages from customer service.

 

1.  They typically won't know any actual times (ask them directly about something specific - they won't tell you!)

2.  They'll tell you what is scripted, such as 'coming soon'.

3.  They can't make any contractual promises for service.

 

If its 3G you wan 'today' (and not in some future that you can't determine), pick a carrier that already has it.

 

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support