What 3G Coverage

Tutor

What 3G Coverage

I am a long time BB user, so when the Bold came out with 3G I had to get it. That's back when AT&T launch the campaign how fast their 3G was compared to Verizon. The biggest problem I have with that is, it doesn't matter how fast it is without coverage. I'll sacrifice speed for coverage any day. When is AT& T going to get it. Suspense for coverage is until my contract is up and then I switching to Verizon. I travel quite a bit, my co worker has Verizon,  everywhere we go he has 3G he has coverage where I don't, when we do both have coverage we race and AT&T isn't  as fast as they claim to be.

Message 1 of 20 (419 Views)
Master

Re: What 3G Coverage

farmertg wrote:

I am a long time BB user, so when the Bold came out with 3G I had to get it. That's back when AT&T launch the campaign how fast their 3G was compared to Verizon. The biggest problem I have with that is, it doesn't matter how fast it is without coverage. I'll sacrifice speed for coverage any day. When is AT& T going to get it. Suspense for coverage is until my contract is up and then I switching to Verizon. I travel quite a bit, my co worker has Verizon,  everywhere we go he has 3G he has coverage where I don't, when we do both have coverage we race and AT&T isn't  as fast as they claim to be.

When does your contract end? Maybe if it ends pretty far into the near future, maybe you'll receive better 3G coverage by then...? Also, what city/state are you located in?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 20 (407 Views)
Tutor

Banchilover101 wrote:

farmertg wrote:

When does your contract end? Maybe if it ends pretty far into the near future, maybe you'll receive better 3G coverage by then...? Also, what city/state are you located in?

My contract is up in 3 months and unless AT&T can get me 3G coverage in my town, they will lose a customer.  2009 they promised we'd have 3G.  LOL 

Message 3 of 20 (397 Views)
Professor

Re: What 3G Coveragee

Someone actually promised you 3G coverage by the end of 2009 ?

Message 4 of 20 (394 Views)

I rarely leave the tri state area so AT&T coverage is generally speaking fine for me but if I lived in an area with poor 3g none or travelled out enough I'd just switch back to verizon regardless of the ETF, the fee isn't high enough to keep you paying for a service that doesn't work for you
Message 5 of 20 (393 Views)
Tutor

formercanuck wrote:

Someone actually promised you 3G coverage by the end of 2009 ?

Yes.  The CEO.

Message 6 of 20 (388 Views)
Tutor

Wiggins, MS, I can drive 20 miles South or 30 miles North and get 3G. But its not just at home Iowa, Alabama, and Pennsylvania same story.

Message 7 of 20 (371 Views)
Tutor

I don't think they get it. They are upgrading some of the major metropolis areas instead of adding more coverage. Lots of luck.....

Message 8 of 20 (369 Views)
Tutor

Good Point, Thanks

Message 9 of 20 (368 Views)
Professor

The CEO promised that you would have 3G coverage in your area by the end of 2009 ?

I'd like to see that.

Message 10 of 20 (359 Views)
Master

formercanuck wrote:

The CEO promised that you would have 3G coverage in your area by the end of 2009 ?

I'd like to see that.

If I was the customer calling, I'd ask for his autograph! Smiley Very Happy And a contract promise from him about the "3G coverage by the end of 2009."

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 11 of 20 (263 Views)
Tutor

formercanuck wrote:

I'd like to see that.

Not exactly promise but said coverage would be available.

"AT&T Mobility today unveiled its network expansion plans for Virginia in the coming year. They include rolling out its third generation (3G) mobile broadband network in new communities including Suffolk as well as Charlottesville, Staunton, Waynesboro, Harrisonburg, Lynchburg, Danville, Roanoke, Salem, and Blacksburg in western Virginia and in Winchester in northern Virginia."

Never happened.  Liars.

Message 12 of 20 (258 Views)
Professor

In the coming year (I'm assuming that was last year), which means sometime 2010.

Message 13 of 20 (251 Views)
Highlighted

formercanuck wrote:

In the coming year (I'm assuming that was last year), which means sometime 2010.

Meh... that's ok.  Their competition has 3G in this area.  No worries here.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20 (233 Views)
Scholar

same promised here,not by ceo but corp.store, they need to sell my wife

the iphone.

Message 15 of 20 (223 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.