Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2010
3:47:24 PM
View profile
Weird Service Icon on Samsung Mythic - Not Recognized

Over the past couple of days, I've been in an area of my home that receives 3G service. Unfortunately, no other part of my home gets 3G, but that's not what's so important...

Up in the upper left-hand corner, on my blue little "indicator", I've seen the "E" icon, which stands for EDGE, and I've seen 3G, along with 3G+.

But the new icon shows just a plain "G". I was just wondering what that would stand for? Becasue this the first time I've ever seen it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Over the past couple of days, I've been in an area of my home that receives 3G service. Unfortunately, no other part of my home gets 3G, but that's not what's so important...

Up in the upper left-hand corner, on my blue little "indicator", I've seen the "E" icon, which stands for EDGE, and I've seen 3G, along with 3G+.

But the new icon shows just a plain "G". I was just wondering what that would stand for? Becasue this the first time I've ever seen it.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Weird Service Icon on Samsung Mythic - Not Recognized

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 1:59:48 AM
(0)
Professor

From *intomobile* forums:

it means that currently u r connected to wap network or mobile network.
To get rid of this icon, simply stop the application which is accessing the wap service.
if you r unable to determine which application is using WAP, jus switch off ur mobile phone for 2 mins. n then switch it on.
The icon will be gone.
if still this doesn't helps, try removing the battery for about 5 mins.
it will certainly help.
All the best.
OldJune 30th, 2007
Contributing Member

Vanesssssa is on a distinguished road
Vanesssssa RSS Feed

that means you're on the internet or you clicked the browser and it didn;t fully close

to get rid of it.. go to the browser, middle button i think, and then fully exit it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

From *intomobile* forums:

it means that currently u r connected to wap network or mobile network.
To get rid of this icon, simply stop the application which is accessing the wap service.
if you r unable to determine which application is using WAP, jus switch off ur mobile phone for 2 mins. n then switch it on.
The icon will be gone.
if still this doesn't helps, try removing the battery for about 5 mins.
it will certainly help.
All the best.
OldJune 30th, 2007
Contributing Member

Vanesssssa is on a distinguished road
Vanesssssa RSS Feed

that means you're on the internet or you clicked the browser and it didn;t fully close

to get rid of it.. go to the browser, middle button i think, and then fully exit it

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: Weird Service Icon on Samsung Mythic - Not Recognized

2 of 10 (1,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 1:03:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I see. But when I noticed it, I was trying to send a MMS message, I wasn't connected to the Internet/an application...

I see. But when I noticed it, I was trying to send a MMS message, I wasn't connected to the Internet/an application...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (1,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2010 1:10:17 AM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Then it probably had something to do with the connection service/speed that the tower was doing at the time? That's what I think anyway...

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Wild Banchi wrote:

Then it probably had something to do with the connection service/speed that the tower was doing at the time? That's what I think anyway...

~~~Seth Mendenhall

4 of 10 (1,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2010 3:40:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ghostryder wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yeah, probably so...

ghostryder wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yeah, probably so...

5 of 10 (1,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 7:45:43 AM
(0)
Guru

In order to send a MMS your phone uses Internet connection.

6 of 10 (1,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 10:59:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

DREWSKY56 wrote:

Oh. That must've been it, then. I just have never recognized it before. It doesn't really matter, I was just wondering if anybody here knew.

DREWSKY56 wrote:

Oh. That must've been it, then. I just have never recognized it before. It doesn't really matter, I was just wondering if anybody here knew.

7 of 10 (1,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 9:15:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

The 'G' stands for GPRS, which is the slowest data speed.

The 'E' stands for EDGE, which is the next fastest

The '3G' stands for, obviously, 3g, which is pretty fast

the '3G+' stands for the next highest level up, which is the fastest speed that AT&T offers currently. 

the '3G+' stands for the next highest level up, which is the fastest speed that AT&T offers currently. 

8 of 10 (1,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 1:19:06 AM
(0)
Professor

You rock!!! Thank you vey much.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

You rock!!! Thank you vey much.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

9 of 10 (1,516 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 4:36:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

lhamil64 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Smiley Happy

lhamil64 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Smiley Happy

10 of 10 (1,478 Views)