Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2011
4:58:28 PM
View profile
Website for changing messaging plans is defective.
Edited by Anonymous on Sep 19, 2011 at 5:02:01 PM

On Wednesday September 14, 2011 I used the att.com site to change my wireless features. I attempted to remove the "Messaging 1000" plan and switch to a pay-per-message plan. I received an email with the following changes reported:

These features will be added to:

Feature Added

Feature Cost

Effective Date

DataPlus 200 MB for Smartphone

$15.00

09/02/2011

Feature Added

Feature Cost

Effective Date

Multimedia Messages - Pay Per Use

$0.30/MSG

09/02/2011

These features will be removed from:

Feature Removed

Feature Cost

Effective Date

DataPro 2 GB for Smartphone

$25.00

09/02/2011

Feature Removed

Feature Cost

Effective Date

Messaging 1000

$10.00

09/02/2011

Feature Removed

Feature Cost

Effective Date

AT&T Navigator

$9.99

09/14/2011

On Monday September 19, 2011 I realized that I had not been receiving text messages. I called Customer Service and I was informed that I did not have a text messaging plan and therefore could not receive text messages. Apparently, the att.com site had correctly removed the "Messaging 1000" plan and added the "Multimedia Messages - Pay Per Use" plan, however it failed to add an appropriate pay-per-use text message plan which was needed for the device to send and receive text messages.

The user interface of the web site indicated that I was removing the "Messaging 1000" plan and switching to pay-per-use for both text and multimedia messages. The web site feature change functionality is defective. This defect resulted in loss of my information. I failed to receive messages that were sent to me and I have no way of knowing how many were sent, what they said, or who sent them. Further, those who sent the messages were not informed that they were not delivered. Therefore, the att.com site cannot be trusted for feature changes and its use can lead to loss of user data.

On Wednesday September 14, 2011 I used the att.com site to change my wireless features. I attempted to remove the "Messaging 1000" plan and switch to a pay-per-message plan. I received an email with the following changes reported:

These features will be added to:

Feature Added

Feature Cost

Effective Date

DataPlus 200 MB for Smartphone

$15.00

09/02/2011

Feature Added

Feature Cost

Effective Date

Multimedia Messages - Pay Per Use

$0.30/MSG

09/02/2011

These features will be removed from:

Feature Removed

Feature Cost

Effective Date

DataPro 2 GB for Smartphone

$25.00

09/02/2011

Feature Removed

Feature Cost

Effective Date

Messaging 1000

$10.00

09/02/2011

Feature Removed

Feature Cost

Effective Date

AT&T Navigator

$9.99

09/14/2011

On Monday September 19, 2011 I realized that I had not been receiving text messages. I called Customer Service and I was informed that I did not have a text messaging plan and therefore could not receive text messages. Apparently, the att.com site had correctly removed the "Messaging 1000" plan and added the "Multimedia Messages - Pay Per Use" plan, however it failed to add an appropriate pay-per-use text message plan which was needed for the device to send and receive text messages.

The user interface of the web site indicated that I was removing the "Messaging 1000" plan and switching to pay-per-use for both text and multimedia messages. The web site feature change functionality is defective. This defect resulted in loss of my information. I failed to receive messages that were sent to me and I have no way of knowing how many were sent, what they said, or who sent them. Further, those who sent the messages were not informed that they were not delivered. Therefore, the att.com site cannot be trusted for feature changes and its use can lead to loss of user data.

Website for changing messaging plans is defective.

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 7:53:41 AM
(0)

I feel that this issue deserves a response from AT&T Support.

I feel that this issue deserves a response from AT&T Support.

Re: Website for changing messaging plans is defective.

2 of 5 (475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 9:21:18 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi User72, 

I'm sorry that you had a difficult time getting your messaging plan changed properly. 

It sounds like we need to make some changes so "Multimedia Messages" is clearly defined as not including normal SMS text messages. This infomation would have helped you make a more informed choice. 

I will pass your feedback to our webteam. If you have additional feedback, please let me know.

Thank you very much for posting here to let us know & I hope to see you around the forums again!

~jam 

community manager

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi User72, 

I'm sorry that you had a difficult time getting your messaging plan changed properly. 

It sounds like we need to make some changes so "Multimedia Messages" is clearly defined as not including normal SMS text messages. This infomation would have helped you make a more informed choice. 

I will pass your feedback to our webteam. If you have additional feedback, please let me know.

Thank you very much for posting here to let us know & I hope to see you around the forums again!

~jam 

community manager

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 9:43:43 AM
(0)

Great. Thanks. Please let me know when this issue has been resolved.

Great. Thanks. Please let me know when this issue has been resolved.

4 of 5 (465 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 10:07:15 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'll post a reply in this thread with any updates I get. Thanks again!

--------------

I'll post a reply in this thread with any updates I get. Thanks again!

--------------

5 of 5 (461 Views)