We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

Contributor

We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

Dear AT&T,

Delaying the release of the Blackberry Bold 9900 is despicable! The Blackberry Bold 9900 is the quintessential Blackberry device that combines the ever so perfect harmony of the touch screen and keyboard experience with a design that leaves me and many other CrackBerry users in awe. From the metal band to the thinness of the phone, the new Bold oozes luxury and pure beauty which is matched by no other phone in its class. Many AT&T subscribers, such as myself, are growing more and more frustrated by the day, tempted to switch carriers or buy unlocked Bolds, which many have already done. It is genuinely to my surprise that AT&T will be the last carrier to release the Bold 9900, after all the other US carriers and carriers of different countries have released the Bold 9900/9930. I remember AT&T was the only US carrier to carry the original Blackberry Bold 9000 in the past. What happened to being the top Blackberry carrier? Please get your act together and smell the coffee! Just as Kevin {Personal content removed for safety} has posted on CrackBerry.com, "if you're delaying [the Blackberry Bold 9900's] arrival until after a new iPhone launches for some reason, well that's just silly. People who want the best physical keyboard ever put on a smartphone are going to want the Bold 9900 whenever it's released, so it might as well hit the market now." If this is some sort of marketing plan, all I can say is that you are frustrating your subscribers. AT&T has already been ranked the worst US network by J.D. Power and it would be foolish of AT&T to make matters worse by not releasing the Bold 9900 immediately. Hardcore Blackberry fans who want the classic Blackberry design will not stand for the Blackberry Torch family. We demand the Blackberry Bold 9900 now! Please come to your senses and let your customers know what is happening. "Rethink possible!"

Respectfully,

Parham {Personal content removed for your safety}
AT&T Subscriber, CrackBerry Member, and Blackberry User

Message 1 of 30
Contributor

Re: We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

ATT: I am a long time loyal (despite patchy network coverage) att customer. this Bold 9900 business is horrible PR and is making me literally hate ATT. all i can figure is that this is a blatantly manipulative attempt to drive conversion from bb to apple. even if i ultimately decide to convert to an iPhone (maybe v5), this 9900 behaviour assures it will not be on ATT. seriously, W T F?
Message 16 of 30
Contributor

AT&T says that it received more than 200,000 preorders for the iPhone 4S, while Apple's Web site no longer promises a delivery on October 14.

Hopefully this means they will all release BB 9900 after the 14th but who really knows...

Everyone might already know this tidbit about data usage but I looked at my wife's IPhone data usage compared to my BB usage and its usually 5-6 times. I usually hover around 90-140 MB's a month to my wife's 900MB - 1.5 GB's. we both run the usual apps, facebook, twitter, etc...one note I have BES with corporate email....so looking at this makes monetary sense on AT&T side to make sure iphone's are 1st priority.

long story short unlimited data usage is a fading memory...more data usage more money.

Message 17 of 30
Tutor

The 9900 has to be ATT's last priority now. With Iphone 4s sales through th roof that is where they are making their money. Compared to iphone they won't be making alot off the 9900. Yes they will lose a few customers but they can afford it compared to the hundreds of thousands buy iphone 4s IMO. I've waited too long for the 9900. It's just business...

Message 18 of 30
Tutor

I am moving to Verizon and the 9930 on Monday. My first move to another service since 1988. Att forced the issue as they could not even hint at a release date and my 9700 is a goner. 

Message 19 of 30
Contributor

I think the writing maybe on the wall....

Walked into one of the local Att stores, and asked if they had gotten any information or hints as to when the 9900 bold maybe available, typically I would then get sorry sir we have no news, but the lady said hold on let me ask the manager, she asked him and he said, I thought,  "I had heard we wouldnt be carrying that model... what about a new Torch?"

I just sighed... and walked out the door, I also love the fact that when I logged into to pay my bill this month, their system understands that I'm due an upgrade and tries to sell me an IPhone 4S.

I guess they have forgotten I'm the customer and I know what I want.

So it appears the writing is on the wall... at this time I'll be letting my contract run out and switching to a carrier who wants my business and has the tools I want to use, instead of trying to convince me to use something else.

Message 20 of 30
Tutor

I want my 9900!!!!!

Message 21 of 30
Contributor

They probably limiteding the functions of the 9900 like how they did with the playbook bridge browser..

make me pay for teathering...pfft...bye ATT

Message 22 of 30
Tutor

I now have the Verizon 9930 and ported my  long time ATT number to Google Voice. Just could not wait for ATT to provide what everyone already has.

Message 23 of 30
Teacher

Message 24 of 30
Contributor

Only a week away from the 6th. Since we havent heard anything from At&t Its not looking like the 6th will happen. Its a shame. If I do get this phone It wont be AT&T branded. I also thought AT&T responded to these forums or is this just a place to vent?

Message 25 of 30

Nov 6.

Message 26 of 30
Tutor

If you wanted the 9900 so bad go to canada and buy it unlocked... They have it it for over a month and it isn't AT&T's desicion to postpone it... It is COMPLETELY up to RIM on when the phone gets released..

Message 27 of 30
Contributor

Nov 6th has passed. It's Nov 9th now. No news. what is wrong with you, At&T? Man... 

Message 28 of 30
Tutor

Available to all you angry birds since yesterday on the ATT website

gnathaniel wrote:

Nov 6th has passed. It's Nov 9th now. No news. what is wrong with you, At&T? Man... 

Message 29 of 30
Highlighted
Professor

gnathaniel wrote:

The phone came out Sunday, November 6th... I played with one in the store yesterday.

Message 30 of 30
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support