Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 4, 2011
1:06:32 PM
View profile
We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!
Edited by pamelaz on Sep 4, 2011 at 2:50:57 PM

Dear AT&T,

Delaying the release of the Blackberry Bold 9900 is despicable! The Blackberry Bold 9900 is the quintessential Blackberry device that combines the ever so perfect harmony of the touch screen and keyboard experience with a design that leaves me and many other CrackBerry users in awe. From the metal band to the thinness of the phone, the new Bold oozes luxury and pure beauty which is matched by no other phone in its class. Many AT&T subscribers, such as myself, are growing more and more frustrated by the day, tempted to switch carriers or buy unlocked Bolds, which many have already done. It is genuinely to my surprise that AT&T will be the last carrier to release the Bold 9900, after all the other US carriers and carriers of different countries have released the Bold 9900/9930. I remember AT&T was the only US carrier to carry the original Blackberry Bold 9000 in the past. What happened to being the top Blackberry carrier? Please get your act together and smell the coffee! Just as Kevin {Personal content removed for safety} has posted on CrackBerry.com, "if you're delaying [the Blackberry Bold 9900's] arrival until after a new iPhone launches for some reason, well that's just silly. People who want the best physical keyboard ever put on a smartphone are going to want the Bold 9900 whenever it's released, so it might as well hit the market now." If this is some sort of marketing plan, all I can say is that you are frustrating your subscribers. AT&T has already been ranked the worst US network by J.D. Power and it would be foolish of AT&T to make matters worse by not releasing the Bold 9900 immediately. Hardcore Blackberry fans who want the classic Blackberry design will not stand for the Blackberry Torch family. We demand the Blackberry Bold 9900 now! Please come to your senses and let your customers know what is happening. "Rethink possible!"

Respectfully,

Parham {Personal content removed for your safety}
AT&T Subscriber, CrackBerry Member, and Blackberry User

Dear AT&T,

Delaying the release of the Blackberry Bold 9900 is despicable! The Blackberry Bold 9900 is the quintessential Blackberry device that combines the ever so perfect harmony of the touch screen and keyboard experience with a design that leaves me and many other CrackBerry users in awe. From the metal band to the thinness of the phone, the new Bold oozes luxury and pure beauty which is matched by no other phone in its class. Many AT&T subscribers, such as myself, are growing more and more frustrated by the day, tempted to switch carriers or buy unlocked Bolds, which many have already done. It is genuinely to my surprise that AT&T will be the last carrier to release the Bold 9900, after all the other US carriers and carriers of different countries have released the Bold 9900/9930. I remember AT&T was the only US carrier to carry the original Blackberry Bold 9000 in the past. What happened to being the top Blackberry carrier? Please get your act together and smell the coffee! Just as Kevin {Personal content removed for safety} has posted on CrackBerry.com, "if you're delaying [the Blackberry Bold 9900's] arrival until after a new iPhone launches for some reason, well that's just silly. People who want the best physical keyboard ever put on a smartphone are going to want the Bold 9900 whenever it's released, so it might as well hit the market now." If this is some sort of marketing plan, all I can say is that you are frustrating your subscribers. AT&T has already been ranked the worst US network by J.D. Power and it would be foolish of AT&T to make matters worse by not releasing the Bold 9900 immediately. Hardcore Blackberry fans who want the classic Blackberry design will not stand for the Blackberry Torch family. We demand the Blackberry Bold 9900 now! Please come to your senses and let your customers know what is happening. "Rethink possible!"

Respectfully,

Parham {Personal content removed for your safety}
AT&T Subscriber, CrackBerry Member, and Blackberry User

We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

[ Edited ]
29 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(29)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2011 2:11:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
please support this by commenting!
please support this by commenting!

Re: We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

2 of 30 (3,626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2011 4:38:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

As a long time Blackberry user (or Crackberry Addict), I plead with you, and can say on a positive note, that I have enjoyed your service thus far, BUT, I am not in-contract with you, and by no means have any intentions of staying if the phone I so desire is not released in the very near future. If I need to be more specific, I desire the Blackberry Bold Touch or 9900 from RIM. I would HAPPILY sign a 2 year agreement in lieu of this masterpiece of a device, or even buy it outright if necessary. I don't care for any other device in your line-up, and this is the only device that would keep me from defecting to another wireless service provider. From someone who has previously worked in the industry, I can only say from sheer experience that holding-out on releasing a device to consumers whom desperately desire to use it via YOUR network, can lead to undesirable effects on your profits and reputation. I am sure you are well aware of this already however, and this is by no means a threat, but by no means meant to be taken lightly. This is just a mere observation and plea to keep a few (thousand) customers from taking their wireless business elsewhere.

Sincerely,

-A-

(Current AT&T Subscriber, Blackberry User, and Crackberry Addict.)

As a long time Blackberry user (or Crackberry Addict), I plead with you, and can say on a positive note, that I have enjoyed your service thus far, BUT, I am not in-contract with you, and by no means have any intentions of staying if the phone I so desire is not released in the very near future. If I need to be more specific, I desire the Blackberry Bold Touch or 9900 from RIM. I would HAPPILY sign a 2 year agreement in lieu of this masterpiece of a device, or even buy it outright if necessary. I don't care for any other device in your line-up, and this is the only device that would keep me from defecting to another wireless service provider. From someone who has previously worked in the industry, I can only say from sheer experience that holding-out on releasing a device to consumers whom desperately desire to use it via YOUR network, can lead to undesirable effects on your profits and reputation. I am sure you are well aware of this already however, and this is by no means a threat, but by no means meant to be taken lightly. This is just a mere observation and plea to keep a few (thousand) customers from taking their wireless business elsewhere.

Sincerely,

-A-

(Current AT&T Subscriber, Blackberry User, and Crackberry Addict.)

3 of 30 (3,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2011 5:55:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Let me begin my post by saying this is my second time being an AT&T customer, my first stint lasted nearly three years and came to an end over issues that need not be brought up. I have since joined AT&T again and will simply say that my experience this second time through has been nothing short of spectacular and I have become what you could call an AT&T fanboy. The service, customer service and selection has improved greatly and I often recommend AT&T to my friends, family and co-workers.

However here we sit and the Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 has not only launched on Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Rogers and Bell in North America but countless other countries and carriers yet my beloved AT&T has given us no news on the chance to get our own Bold 9900.

Simply put I need a new phone now, AT&T either wise up and release this phone or lose me again potentially forever this time.

I have plenty of other carriers as options for this device.

Sincerely your wireless customer.

Let me begin my post by saying this is my second time being an AT&T customer, my first stint lasted nearly three years and came to an end over issues that need not be brought up. I have since joined AT&T again and will simply say that my experience this second time through has been nothing short of spectacular and I have become what you could call an AT&T fanboy. The service, customer service and selection has improved greatly and I often recommend AT&T to my friends, family and co-workers.

However here we sit and the Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 has not only launched on Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Rogers and Bell in North America but countless other countries and carriers yet my beloved AT&T has given us no news on the chance to get our own Bold 9900.

Simply put I need a new phone now, AT&T either wise up and release this phone or lose me again potentially forever this time.

I have plenty of other carriers as options for this device.

Sincerely your wireless customer.

4 of 30 (3,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 7:22:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Does AT&T realize that this is all over the internet?!?!?  How can they have no response?

Does AT&T realize that this is all over the internet?!?!?  How can they have no response?

5 of 30 (3,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 9:14:39 PM
(0)
Mentor
I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER AS WELL FOR YEARS .AND UPTO NOW RECOMMENDED YOUR SERVICE.I HAVE BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE,CS SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PHONES OFFERED.BUT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELEASED THE 9900 WHILE ALL THE OTHERS HAVE IS RIDICULOUS.I AM NOW OFF CONTRACT I WANT THE 9900.IF I HAVE TO I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.
I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER AS WELL FOR YEARS .AND UPTO NOW RECOMMENDED YOUR SERVICE.I HAVE BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE,CS SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PHONES OFFERED.BUT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELEASED THE 9900 WHILE ALL THE OTHERS HAVE IS RIDICULOUS.I AM NOW OFF CONTRACT I WANT THE 9900.IF I HAVE TO I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

6 of 30 (3,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 6:19:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have been loyal for 15 years, and this is just insane.  ATT used to be first, not 3 months after.  what a crock.  not sure if i'll jump ship, but surely remain mad at att. 

I have been loyal for 15 years, and this is just insane.  ATT used to be first, not 3 months after.  what a crock.  not sure if i'll jump ship, but surely remain mad at att. 

7 of 30 (3,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

8 of 30 (2,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 8:40:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I want the Blackberry 9900 now!  I mentioned in another thread that the worst thing a service company can do  is not communicate. ATT obviously doesnt want to let out a release date as the competition might be able to take advantage somehow if they knew. They also know that a bunch of  existing customers have left to get he 9900 elsewhere. If my 9700 wasnt falling apart I would patiently wait them out,but I may have to give Verizon a call. 

I want the Blackberry 9900 now!  I mentioned in another thread that the worst thing a service company can do  is not communicate. ATT obviously doesnt want to let out a release date as the competition might be able to take advantage somehow if they knew. They also know that a bunch of  existing customers have left to get he 9900 elsewhere. If my 9700 wasnt falling apart I would patiently wait them out,but I may have to give Verizon a call. 

9 of 30 (2,922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 9:29:07 PM
(0)
Contributor
I don't understand the lack of ATT customer service, ATT needs to stop playing stupid and tell us something.
We are YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS and YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT !
I don't understand the lack of ATT customer service, ATT needs to stop playing stupid and tell us something.
We are YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS and YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT !

10 of 30 (2,847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 7:04:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm tired of always having to settle for what AT&T offers us, while other networks get the best phones!  I WANT A BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900!!  But like so many times in my AT&T past, I had to settle for second best and upgrade to a Torch 9810.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm tired of always having to settle for what AT&T offers us, while other networks get the best phones!  I WANT A BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900!!  But like so many times in my AT&T past, I had to settle for second best and upgrade to a Torch 9810.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

11 of 30 (2,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 8:22:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

Give us some kind of release date! Something! I've already called Verizon and I'm going to leave and transfer over to them if I don't see a release date VERY SOON. Now I know why At&t has such bad customer support ratings. It's like talking to a brick wall. SAY SOMETHING!

Give us some kind of release date! Something! I've already called Verizon and I'm going to leave and transfer over to them if I don't see a release date VERY SOON. Now I know why At&t has such bad customer support ratings. It's like talking to a brick wall. SAY SOMETHING!

12 of 30 (2,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 1:14:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T,

I am dumbfounded that for whatever reasons you choose not offer the Bold 9900 now and why you sit there like the Tar Baby (refusing to speak and trying to keep us entangled in our contracts). This kind of sales/marketing only infuriates and alienates your customers. Your customer service reputation is already bad enough - why add further to it?

My contract is up and my Bold 9000 is acting fritzy. I can't wait any longer so I am heading elsewhere for my new BlackBerry Bold 9900. I know many others are as well.

It didn't have to be this way.

You are not too big to fail.

AT&T,

I am dumbfounded that for whatever reasons you choose not offer the Bold 9900 now and why you sit there like the Tar Baby (refusing to speak and trying to keep us entangled in our contracts). This kind of sales/marketing only infuriates and alienates your customers. Your customer service reputation is already bad enough - why add further to it?

My contract is up and my Bold 9000 is acting fritzy. I can't wait any longer so I am heading elsewhere for my new BlackBerry Bold 9900. I know many others are as well.

It didn't have to be this way.

You are not too big to fail.

13 of 30 (2,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 6:54:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

The "q" key on my 9000 does not work. The contract expired months ago.  I have been making do for almost three months waiting for the 9900.  I will not wait much longer.  I am a $1000 month user that will soon be sending my money to Verision. 

The "q" key on my 9000 does not work. The contract expired months ago.  I have been making do for almost three months waiting for the 9900.  I will not wait much longer.  I am a $1000 month user that will soon be sending my money to Verision. 

14 of 30 (1,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 7:22:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been a T-Mobile user and switch to ATT and like every other comments... AT&T client services are the worst! I have been with you for a very long time and besides your roll over minutes I don't think I will be staying much longer if you do not release the BB 9900 soon. We are already beginning of October and the even the iphone 4S is coming out before the 9900!?? 

I see 2 reasons why you are delaying the come out:

1/ Do not interfere with iphone 4s release so you will release it after October 14th?

2/ You are taking out the NFC (Near Field Communication)!! WHY??

I am giving you until October 14th (Iphone release date) and if by then, I will take my business elsewhere!

a very angry customer

I have been a T-Mobile user and switch to ATT and like every other comments... AT&T client services are the worst! I have been with you for a very long time and besides your roll over minutes I don't think I will be staying much longer if you do not release the BB 9900 soon. We are already beginning of October and the even the iphone 4S is coming out before the 9900!?? 

I see 2 reasons why you are delaying the come out:

1/ Do not interfere with iphone 4s release so you will release it after October 14th?

2/ You are taking out the NFC (Near Field Communication)!! WHY??

I am giving you until October 14th (Iphone release date) and if by then, I will take my business elsewhere!

a very angry customer

15 of 30 (1,802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 7:52:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
ATT: I am a long time loyal (despite patchy network coverage) att customer. this Bold 9900 business is horrible PR and is making me literally hate ATT. all i can figure is that this is a blatantly manipulative attempt to drive conversion from bb to apple. even if i ultimately decide to convert to an iPhone (maybe v5), this 9900 behaviour assures it will not be on ATT. seriously, W T F?
ATT: I am a long time loyal (despite patchy network coverage) att customer. this Bold 9900 business is horrible PR and is making me literally hate ATT. all i can figure is that this is a blatantly manipulative attempt to drive conversion from bb to apple. even if i ultimately decide to convert to an iPhone (maybe v5), this 9900 behaviour assures it will not be on ATT. seriously, W T F?

16 of 30 (1,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:06:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T says that it received more than 200,000 preorders for the iPhone 4S, while Apple's Web site no longer promises a delivery on October 14." 

Hopefully this means they will all release BB 9900 after the 14th but who really knows...

Everyone might already know this tidbit about data usage but I looked at my wife's IPhone data usage compared to my BB usage and its usually 5-6 times. I usually hover around 90-140 MB's a month to my wife's 900MB - 1.5 GB's. we both run the usual apps, facebook, twitter, etc...one note I have BES with corporate email....so looking at this makes monetary sense on AT&T side to make sure iphone's are 1st priority.

long story short unlimited data usage is a fading memory...more data usage more money.

AT&T says that it received more than 200,000 preorders for the iPhone 4S, while Apple's Web site no longer promises a delivery on October 14." 

Hopefully this means they will all release BB 9900 after the 14th but who really knows...

Everyone might already know this tidbit about data usage but I looked at my wife's IPhone data usage compared to my BB usage and its usually 5-6 times. I usually hover around 90-140 MB's a month to my wife's 900MB - 1.5 GB's. we both run the usual apps, facebook, twitter, etc...one note I have BES with corporate email....so looking at this makes monetary sense on AT&T side to make sure iphone's are 1st priority.

long story short unlimited data usage is a fading memory...more data usage more money.

17 of 30 (1,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 9:30:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

The 9900 has to be ATT's last priority now. With Iphone 4s sales through th roof that is where they are making their money. Compared to iphone they won't be making alot off the 9900. Yes they will lose a few customers but they can afford it compared to the hundreds of thousands buy iphone 4s IMO. I've waited too long for the 9900. It's just business...

The 9900 has to be ATT's last priority now. With Iphone 4s sales through th roof that is where they are making their money. Compared to iphone they won't be making alot off the 9900. Yes they will lose a few customers but they can afford it compared to the hundreds of thousands buy iphone 4s IMO. I've waited too long for the 9900. It's just business...

18 of 30 (1,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 5:01:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am moving to Verizon and the 9930 on Monday. My first move to another service since 1988. Att forced the issue as they could not even hint at a release date and my 9700 is a goner. 

I am moving to Verizon and the 9930 on Monday. My first move to another service since 1988. Att forced the issue as they could not even hint at a release date and my 9700 is a goner. 

19 of 30 (1,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 11:44:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

I think the writing maybe on the wall....

Walked into one of the local Att stores, and asked if they had gotten any information or hints as to when the 9900 bold maybe available, typically I would then get sorry sir we have no news, but the lady said hold on let me ask the manager, she asked him and he said, I thought,  "I had heard we wouldnt be carrying that model... what about a new Torch?"

I just sighed... and walked out the door, I also love the fact that when I logged into to pay my bill this month, their system understands that I'm due an upgrade and tries to sell me an IPhone 4S.

I guess they have forgotten I'm the customer and I know what I want.

So it appears the writing is on the wall... at this time I'll be letting my contract run out and switching to a carrier who wants my business and has the tools I want to use, instead of trying to convince me to use something else.

I think the writing maybe on the wall....

Walked into one of the local Att stores, and asked if they had gotten any information or hints as to when the 9900 bold maybe available, typically I would then get sorry sir we have no news, but the lady said hold on let me ask the manager, she asked him and he said, I thought,  "I had heard we wouldnt be carrying that model... what about a new Torch?"

I just sighed... and walked out the door, I also love the fact that when I logged into to pay my bill this month, their system understands that I'm due an upgrade and tries to sell me an IPhone 4S.

I guess they have forgotten I'm the customer and I know what I want.

So it appears the writing is on the wall... at this time I'll be letting my contract run out and switching to a carrier who wants my business and has the tools I want to use, instead of trying to convince me to use something else.

20 of 30 (1,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 9:56:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

I want my 9900!!!!!

I want my 9900!!!!!

21 of 30 (1,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 7:07:15 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by blackberryUserz on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:09:16 PM

They probably limiteding the functions of the 9900 like how they did with the playbook bridge browser..

make me pay for teathering...pfft...bye ATT

They probably limiteding the functions of the 9900 like how they did with the playbook bridge browser..

make me pay for teathering...pfft...bye ATT

[ Edited ]
22 of 30 (1,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 8:25:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I now have the Verizon 9930 and ported my  long time ATT number to Google Voice. Just could not wait for ATT to provide what everyone already has.

I now have the Verizon 9930 and ported my  long time ATT number to Google Voice. Just could not wait for ATT to provide what everyone already has.

23 of 30 (1,154 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply

24 of 30 (1,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 7:38:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

Only a week away from the 6th. Since we havent heard anything from At&t Its not looking like the 6th will happen. Its a shame. If I do get this phone It wont be AT&T branded. I also thought AT&T responded to these forums or is this just a place to vent?

Only a week away from the 6th. Since we havent heard anything from At&t Its not looking like the 6th will happen. Its a shame. If I do get this phone It wont be AT&T branded. I also thought AT&T responded to these forums or is this just a place to vent?

25 of 30 (929 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 10:02:07 AM
(0)
Mentor

Nov 6.

Nov 6.

26 of 30 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 3:15:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

If you wanted the 9900 so bad go to canada and buy it unlocked... They have it it for over a month and it isn't AT&T's desicion to postpone it... It is COMPLETELY up to RIM on when the phone gets released..

If you wanted the 9900 so bad go to canada and buy it unlocked... They have it it for over a month and it isn't AT&T's desicion to postpone it... It is COMPLETELY up to RIM on when the phone gets released..

27 of 30 (802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 9:25:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

Nov 6th has passed. It's Nov 9th now. No news. what is wrong with you, At&T? Man... 

Nov 6th has passed. It's Nov 9th now. No news. what is wrong with you, At&T? Man... 

28 of 30 (794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 10:42:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Available to all you angry birds since yesterday on the ATT website

gnathaniel wrote:

Available to all you angry birds since yesterday on the ATT website

gnathaniel wrote:

29 of 30 (792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 12:27:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

gnathaniel wrote:

The phone came out Sunday, November 6th... I played with one in the store yesterday.

gnathaniel wrote:

The phone came out Sunday, November 6th... I played with one in the store yesterday.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

30 of 30 (788 Views)