We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

Contributor

We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

[ Edited ]

Dear AT&T,

Delaying the release of the Blackberry Bold 9900 is despicable! The Blackberry Bold 9900 is the quintessential Blackberry device that combines the ever so perfect harmony of the touch screen and keyboard experience with a design that leaves me and many other CrackBerry users in awe. From the metal band to the thinness of the phone, the new Bold oozes luxury and pure beauty which is matched by no other phone in its class. Many AT&T subscribers, such as myself, are growing more and more frustrated by the day, tempted to switch carriers or buy unlocked Bolds, which many have already done. It is genuinely to my surprise that AT&T will be the last carrier to release the Bold 9900, after all the other US carriers and carriers of different countries have released the Bold 9900/9930. I remember AT&T was the only US carrier to carry the original Blackberry Bold 9000 in the past. What happened to being the top Blackberry carrier? Please get your act together and smell the coffee! Just as Kevin {Personal content removed for safety} has posted on CrackBerry.com, "if you're delaying [the Blackberry Bold 9900's] arrival until after a new iPhone launches for some reason, well that's just silly. People who want the best physical keyboard ever put on a smartphone are going to want the Bold 9900 whenever it's released, so it might as well hit the market now." If this is some sort of marketing plan, all I can say is that you are frustrating your subscribers. AT&T has already been ranked the worst US network by J.D. Power and it would be foolish of AT&T to make matters worse by not releasing the Bold 9900 immediately. Hardcore Blackberry fans who want the classic Blackberry design will not stand for the Blackberry Torch family. We demand the Blackberry Bold 9900 now! Please come to your senses and let your customers know what is happening. "Rethink possible!"

Respectfully,

Parham {Personal content removed for your safety}
AT&T Subscriber, CrackBerry Member, and Blackberry User

Message 1 of 30 (3,667 Views)
Contributor

Re: We want the Blackberry Bold 9900 NOW!!!!

please support this by commenting!
Message 2 of 30 (3,658 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

As a long time Blackberry user (or Crackberry Addict), I plead with you, and can say on a positive note, that I have enjoyed your service thus far, BUT, I am not in-contract with you, and by no means have any intentions of staying if the phone I so desire is not released in the very near future. If I need to be more specific, I desire the Blackberry Bold Touch or 9900 from RIM. I would HAPPILY sign a 2 year agreement in lieu of this masterpiece of a device, or even buy it outright if necessary. I don't care for any other device in your line-up, and this is the only device that would keep me from defecting to another wireless service provider. From someone who has previously worked in the industry, I can only say from sheer experience that holding-out on releasing a device to consumers whom desperately desire to use it via YOUR network, can lead to undesirable effects on your profits and reputation. I am sure you are well aware of this already however, and this is by no means a threat, but by no means meant to be taken lightly. This is just a mere observation and plea to keep a few (thousand) customers from taking their wireless business elsewhere.

Sincerely,

-A-

(Current AT&T Subscriber, Blackberry User, and Crackberry Addict.)

Message 3 of 30 (3,608 Views)
Contributor

Let me begin my post by saying this is my second time being an AT&T customer, my first stint lasted nearly three years and came to an end over issues that need not be brought up. I have since joined AT&T again and will simply say that my experience this second time through has been nothing short of spectacular and I have become what you could call an AT&T fanboy. The service, customer service and selection has improved greatly and I often recommend AT&T to my friends, family and co-workers.

However here we sit and the Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 has not only launched on Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Rogers and Bell in North America but countless other countries and carriers yet my beloved AT&T has given us no news on the chance to get our own Bold 9900.

Simply put I need a new phone now, AT&T either wise up and release this phone or lose me again potentially forever this time.

I have plenty of other carriers as options for this device.

Sincerely your wireless customer.

Message 4 of 30 (3,575 Views)
Tutor

Does AT&T realize that this is all over the internet?!?!?  How can they have no response?

Message 5 of 30 (3,407 Views)
Mentor

I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER AS WELL FOR YEARS .AND UPTO NOW RECOMMENDED YOUR SERVICE.I HAVE BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE,CS SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PHONES OFFERED.BUT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELEASED THE 9900 WHILE ALL THE OTHERS HAVE IS RIDICULOUS.I AM NOW OFF CONTRACT I WANT THE 9900.IF I HAVE TO I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.
Message 6 of 30 (3,397 Views)
Teacher

I have been loyal for 15 years, and this is just insane.  ATT used to be first, not 3 months after.  what a crock.  not sure if i'll jump ship, but surely remain mad at att. 

Message 7 of 30 (3,381 Views)
Contributor

Message 8 of 30 (2,965 Views)
Tutor

I want the Blackberry 9900 now!  I mentioned in another thread that the worst thing a service company can do  is not communicate. ATT obviously doesnt want to let out a release date as the competition might be able to take advantage somehow if they knew. They also know that a bunch of  existing customers have left to get he 9900 elsewhere. If my 9700 wasnt falling apart I would patiently wait them out,but I may have to give Verizon a call. 

Message 9 of 30 (2,954 Views)
Contributor

I don't understand the lack of ATT customer service, ATT needs to stop playing stupid and tell us something.
We are YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS and YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT !
Message 10 of 30 (2,879 Views)
Tutor

I'm tired of always having to settle for what AT&T offers us, while other networks get the best phones!  I WANT A BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900!!  But like so many times in my AT&T past, I had to settle for second best and upgrade to a Torch 9810.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Message 11 of 30 (2,693 Views)
Tutor

Give us some kind of release date! Something! I've already called Verizon and I'm going to leave and transfer over to them if I don't see a release date VERY SOON. Now I know why At&t has such bad customer support ratings. It's like talking to a brick wall. SAY SOMETHING!

Message 12 of 30 (2,574 Views)
Contributor

AT&T,

I am dumbfounded that for whatever reasons you choose not offer the Bold 9900 now and why you sit there like the Tar Baby (refusing to speak and trying to keep us entangled in our contracts). This kind of sales/marketing only infuriates and alienates your customers. Your customer service reputation is already bad enough - why add further to it?

My contract is up and my Bold 9000 is acting fritzy. I can't wait any longer so I am heading elsewhere for my new BlackBerry Bold 9900. I know many others are as well.

It didn't have to be this way.

You are not too big to fail.

Message 13 of 30 (2,121 Views)
Contributor

The "q" key on my 9000 does not work. The contract expired months ago.  I have been making do for almost three months waiting for the 9900.  I will not wait much longer.  I am a $1000 month user that will soon be sending my money to Verision. 

Message 14 of 30 (1,929 Views)
Contributor

I have been a T-Mobile user and switch to ATT and like every other comments... AT&T client services are the worst! I have been with you for a very long time and besides your roll over minutes I don't think I will be staying much longer if you do not release the BB 9900 soon. We are already beginning of October and the even the iphone 4S is coming out before the 9900!?? 

I see 2 reasons why you are delaying the come out:

1/ Do not interfere with iphone 4s release so you will release it after October 14th?

2/ You are taking out the NFC (Near Field Communication)!! WHY??

I am giving you until October 14th (Iphone release date) and if by then, I will take my business elsewhere!

a very angry customer

Message 15 of 30 (1,834 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.