Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 3, 2010
4:57:23 PM
View profile
Water Damage???!

Just a heads up to those interested in purchasing the Pantech Link.  I purchased 3 phones for my family and had the phones activated on September 1.  Three weeks ago one of the phones would not charge.  I took the cover off the phone and noticed a red spot (come to find out it was a moisture indicator).  Interesting though.  I never got the phone wet.  Really.  One of my kids called me from college last night.  He said that his Pantech Link was not working.  Being away at college I told him to the nearest ATT store for help.  At the store he was told that his red indicator was set too.  The problem was, he too reported that his phone was never wet.  I'm reporting this to the message board FYI.  I really like my Pantech Link.  It does everything that I want it to do.  I do feel however that these phones have an issue that needs to be worked on though.  I was hoping for a lot more out of these phones.  "Water damage" is not covered by the warrantee.  Don't know where the water is coming from.

Just a heads up to those interested in purchasing the Pantech Link.  I purchased 3 phones for my family and had the phones activated on September 1.  Three weeks ago one of the phones would not charge.  I took the cover off the phone and noticed a red spot (come to find out it was a moisture indicator).  Interesting though.  I never got the phone wet.  Really.  One of my kids called me from college last night.  He said that his Pantech Link was not working.  Being away at college I told him to the nearest ATT store for help.  At the store he was told that his red indicator was set too.  The problem was, he too reported that his phone was never wet.  I'm reporting this to the message board FYI.  I really like my Pantech Link.  It does everything that I want it to do.  I do feel however that these phones have an issue that needs to be worked on though.  I was hoping for a lot more out of these phones.  "Water damage" is not covered by the warrantee.  Don't know where the water is coming from.

Water Damage???!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 11:08:09 AM
(0)
Employee
Any moisture can set it off. Do you bring your phone into the bathroom when you shower? Because that can set it off
Any moisture can set it off. Do you bring your phone into the bathroom when you shower? Because that can set it off
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Water Damage???!

2 of 5 (2,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 6:08:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

It's always a good idea to get insurance on your phone. In this case, you could have got the phone replaced. Yes, I know.. you have to pay a deductible, but it would be the same thing as paying a deductible if someone broke into your car, or if you were in an accident.

Many things can cause the liquid indicator to turn colors. Even setting the  phone in a cup holder in your car can affect it if there's condensation. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

It's always a good idea to get insurance on your phone. In this case, you could have got the phone replaced. Yes, I know.. you have to pay a deductible, but it would be the same thing as paying a deductible if someone broke into your car, or if you were in an accident.

Many things can cause the liquid indicator to turn colors. Even setting the  phone in a cup holder in your car can affect it if there's condensation. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (2,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 11:49:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Please call and report this problem...I have the same problem with my pantech and they told me that unless people actually call in and make a real report with them they won't do anything about these pantech phones having the water indicator in a bad spot. I pointed out that people on this forum were saying the same thing and they said that doesn't count because anybody can come on here and talk...please make a report, these pantech phones should be recalled!

Please call and report this problem...I have the same problem with my pantech and they told me that unless people actually call in and make a real report with them they won't do anything about these pantech phones having the water indicator in a bad spot. I pointed out that people on this forum were saying the same thing and they said that doesn't count because anybody can come on here and talk...please make a report, these pantech phones should be recalled!

4 of 5 (1,731 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2011 10:28:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

My Pantech P7000 also was showing "water damage" even though it never got wet (I keep it in my car).  I found this out when I was compaining about a problem where it can't read the SIM card. AT&T isn't willing to work with me on this and said that since this indicator showed it had gotten wet, all hopes are dashed for a replacement.  Apparently, being a loyal customer of AT&T for numerous years doesn't help you at all.  YOU are assumed to have ruined your phone if this indicator is activated.  Needless to say, we're shopping for a new carrier and will "eat" the early termination fees (we have 4 phones).

Looking forward to saying "goodbye AT&T"!!!

My Pantech P7000 also was showing "water damage" even though it never got wet (I keep it in my car).  I found this out when I was compaining about a problem where it can't read the SIM card. AT&T isn't willing to work with me on this and said that since this indicator showed it had gotten wet, all hopes are dashed for a replacement.  Apparently, being a loyal customer of AT&T for numerous years doesn't help you at all.  YOU are assumed to have ruined your phone if this indicator is activated.  Needless to say, we're shopping for a new carrier and will "eat" the early termination fees (we have 4 phones).

Looking forward to saying "goodbye AT&T"!!!

5 of 5 (1,678 Views)