Want to give my iPhone 4 to someone else

Contributor

Want to give my iPhone 4 to someone else

Hi, I am eligible for the early upgrade to the iPhone 4. My boyfriend isn't. I currently have the 3G and am totally fine with it, especially once we get the software upgrades later this month. If I buy the iPhone 4, can I just keep using my current phone and give the new one to my boyfriend?

Message 1 of 8 (5,301 Views)
Master

Re: Want to give my iPhone 4 to someone else

Yes.. Just make sure you let the sales person know so they can make the proper adjustments for you.

Message 2 of 8 (5,284 Views)
Tutor

I don't know the answer myself, but it sounds like you are in the same situation as the person in this thread, no?

Message 3 of 8 (5,191 Views)
Professor

ac1980 wrote:

Hi, I am eligible for the early upgrade to the iPhone 4. My boyfriend isn't. I currently have the 3G and am totally fine with it, especially once we get the software upgrades later this month. If I buy the iPhone 4, can I just keep using my current phone and give the new one to my boyfriend?

use the Upgrade get the Iphone set up on your account. then give it to him to put his sim card in it.

yes you can kepp your current Iphone just insert your sim card back into your 3g. and his sim card in the

Iphone 4. should be all good to go. make sure you tell AT&T what you are doing does he have the iphone data plan? if NOT he will need the data plan added to his line.

Message 4 of 8 (5,151 Views)

You can do as indicated but i thought i saw somewhere that the iPhone 4 software isn't compatible for the original iPhone or the iPhone 3G?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (5,130 Views)
Scholar

the only problem with switching sims is the new phone will have a micro sim.  you will have to go to the store to get it done.

Message 6 of 8 (5,123 Views)
Scholar

New Iphones will have a micro sim, so you would have to go to the ATT store to get it switched. 

Message 7 of 8 (5,119 Views)
Scholar

I-4 sims are def than 3g and 3gs
Message 8 of 8 (5,118 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support