Want my Iphone 4 to receive emails that are still received on Laptop as well

Contributor

Want my Iphone 4 to receive emails that are still received on Laptop as well

I am new to the iphone 4 and use Outlook 2007 for my email with two addresses. I want to be able to get and send emails on my iphone on occasion and still have the emails also received on my laptop. Is this possible? If so, How do I do this?

I mostly use my laptop over wifi at home and the office. But there may be times I want to send or receive an email via wifi or phone cell connection when I am away from home and the office. But don't want to lose the incoming email or have it only on my iphone. I want the incoming email also received by my laptop.

Message 1 of 3 (830 Views)
Scholar

Re: Want my Iphone 4 to receive emails that are still received on Laptop as well

I'm a new iPhone user, too, but I think this is how to do what you ask. 

You want to make sure that retrieved messages are not removed from the originating server. 

Assuming you've set up your e-mail accounts on your iPhone (Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account).

On your iPhone home screen, tap Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>(specific account name)>Advanced>Delete from Server> Never

I think that's the way it works.  Maybe someone else can verify to make sure I'm not steering you the wrong way. 

Message 2 of 3 (803 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Want my Iphone 4 to receive emails that are still received on Laptop as well

The method you describe would work if you must use POP3 to access your email.  Perhaps a better solution would be to use IMAP to access your email so that when you receive the mail and process it on the iPhone, it is already marked read when you next receive it in Outlook.  One other thing I have done is using the "BCC to self" option when sending emails so that my main mail client does have a copy of any email replies I may have composed from my iPhone.  I know that the sent messages are supposed to be filed in the "sent" folder, which I made sure pointed to the sent folder on the server, but I have adopted the "belt & suspenders" approach.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (751 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.