Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 10, 2009
7:32:16 PM
View profile
Want i phone to forward to another number after ringing at i phone

I want to be able to have calls ring at my I phone for a few rings or a certain amount of time and then forward to another number, not my voice mail. I know you can forward calls to another number, but I want it to ring to phone first, then if I don't pick up forward to another number.

I am told you cannot do that but someone must of figured it out????

Thanks

I want to be able to have calls ring at my I phone for a few rings or a certain amount of time and then forward to another number, not my voice mail. I know you can forward calls to another number, but I want it to ring to phone first, then if I don't pick up forward to another number.

I am told you cannot do that but someone must of figured it out????

Thanks

Want i phone to forward to another number after ringing at i phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2009 7:45:26 PM
(0)
Professor
You can use YouMail or GoogleVoice... 
You can use YouMail or GoogleVoice... 

Re: Want i phone to forward to another number after ringing at i phone

2 of 4 (9,599 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2009 7:32:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is what I did. I hope it works for you.

I got the SIM card out of the Iphone and put it in my old RZRv3. I went to the menu of the phone. Under "Settings" went to "Call forward", selected "voice calls".

Then selected "Forward" then selected "If Unavailable". Back at the voice calls menu selected "to" and changed the phone number to the number I wanted to transfer the calls.

Accepted all changes "done". Got out of the menu. Got the sim card out of the rzr and put it back on my Iphone. Tested the my phone, called and after few rings the call was transferred to the other number. Maybe you can use any other phone, who knows, you will need to test.

I just have to mention that the voicemail for my account is not set up. Hasnt been for a couple of years. So it someone calls me, there is no voice mail. After 6 rings you can hear a message that says "I'm sorry but the person you called has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet. Good bye" and hang up. I just dont like voicemails.

Good luck.

This is what I did. I hope it works for you.

I got the SIM card out of the Iphone and put it in my old RZRv3. I went to the menu of the phone. Under "Settings" went to "Call forward", selected "voice calls".

Then selected "Forward" then selected "If Unavailable". Back at the voice calls menu selected "to" and changed the phone number to the number I wanted to transfer the calls.

Accepted all changes "done". Got out of the menu. Got the sim card out of the rzr and put it back on my Iphone. Tested the my phone, called and after few rings the call was transferred to the other number. Maybe you can use any other phone, who knows, you will need to test.

I just have to mention that the voicemail for my account is not set up. Hasnt been for a couple of years. So it someone calls me, there is no voice mail. After 6 rings you can hear a message that says "I'm sorry but the person you called has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet. Good bye" and hang up. I just dont like voicemails.

Good luck.

3 of 4 (9,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 6:31:35 AM
(0)
Guru

if you don't happen to have another phone to use, this could also help you:

http://www.simonblog.com/2009/08/03/iphone-tip-how-to-use-conditional-call-forwarding/

iPhone is considered as a revolutionary mobile phone

. May be it’s too revolutionary that it lacks some very basic features. Some iPhone users complain about the absence of conditional call forwarding feature (which can be found in most mobile phones):

• Call forward if busy – Forward incoming call to another number if you’re on call
  • Call forward if not answered – Forward the incoming call to another number if it is not answered for a predefined period of time
  • Call forward if not reachable – Forward incoming call to another number if the phone is off or without signal

iPhone allows you to setup basic call forwarding to direct all calls to another phone number. However, it doesn’t provide any interface to setup “Call forward if busy” and other conditional call forwarding.

Despite the lack of user interface on iPhone to activate conditional forwarding, you can use the so-called “Call Forwarding Code” to activate it. Here are the tricks:

Activate Call Forwarding

Setup call forwarding when busy
To setup “Call forward if busy”, simply dial *67*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

To setup “Call forward if not answered”, simply dial *61*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

To setup “Call forward if unreachable”, simply dial *62*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

Deactivate Call Forwarding

To deactivate “Call forward if busy”, simply dial #67# and tap “Call”

To deactivate “Call forward if not answered”, simply dial #61# and tap “Call”

To deactivate “Call forward if not reachable”, simply dial #62# and tap “Call”

You do not need to remember all these codes. Say, you usually use “Call Forward if busy”, save the number as a new contact. Next time, when you need to activate call forwarding, just look up that contact and dial the number.

Setup call forwarding as a new contact

if not this page http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/choosing-features-services/call-forwarding.jsp

Activate Call Forwarding GSM Phones AT&T Customers Former AT&T Wireless Customers  
  1. Scroll through the menu and select Settings.
  2. Scroll down and select Call Settings.
  3. Select Forwarding.
  4. Scroll down and select the appropriate Forwarding option. Example: Forward all voice calls or Forward when available.
  5. Follow the menu prompts and enter the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded.
  6. Select OK.
  • Immediate Call Forwarding: Dial *21* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.
  • Busy Call Forwarding: Dial *67* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.
  • Call Forwarding No Reply: Dial *61* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.
  • Call Forwarding Not Reachable: Dial *62* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.

if you don't happen to have another phone to use, this could also help you:

http://www.simonblog.com/2009/08/03/iphone-tip-how-to-use-conditional-call-forwarding/

iPhone is considered as a revolutionary mobile phone

. May be it’s too revolutionary that it lacks some very basic features. Some iPhone users complain about the absence of conditional call forwarding feature (which can be found in most mobile phones):

• Call forward if busy – Forward incoming call to another number if you’re on call
  • Call forward if not answered – Forward the incoming call to another number if it is not answered for a predefined period of time
  • Call forward if not reachable – Forward incoming call to another number if the phone is off or without signal

iPhone allows you to setup basic call forwarding to direct all calls to another phone number. However, it doesn’t provide any interface to setup “Call forward if busy” and other conditional call forwarding.

Despite the lack of user interface on iPhone to activate conditional forwarding, you can use the so-called “Call Forwarding Code” to activate it. Here are the tricks:

Activate Call Forwarding

Setup call forwarding when busy
To setup “Call forward if busy”, simply dial *67*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

To setup “Call forward if not answered”, simply dial *61*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

To setup “Call forward if unreachable”, simply dial *62*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

Deactivate Call Forwarding

To deactivate “Call forward if busy”, simply dial #67# and tap “Call”

To deactivate “Call forward if not answered”, simply dial #61# and tap “Call”

To deactivate “Call forward if not reachable”, simply dial #62# and tap “Call”

You do not need to remember all these codes. Say, you usually use “Call Forward if busy”, save the number as a new contact. Next time, when you need to activate call forwarding, just look up that contact and dial the number.

Setup call forwarding as a new contact

if not this page http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/choosing-features-services/call-forwarding.jsp

Activate Call Forwarding GSM Phones AT&T Customers Former AT&T Wireless Customers  
  1. Scroll through the menu and select Settings.
  2. Scroll down and select Call Settings.
  3. Select Forwarding.
  4. Scroll down and select the appropriate Forwarding option. Example: Forward all voice calls or Forward when available.
  5. Follow the menu prompts and enter the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded.
  6. Select OK.
  • Immediate Call Forwarding: Dial *21* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.
  • Busy Call Forwarding: Dial *67* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.
  • Call Forwarding No Reply: Dial *61* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.
  • Call Forwarding Not Reachable: Dial *62* plus the 10-digit number to which your calls should be forwarded and #. Press Send.

4 of 4 (9,462 Views)