Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 5, 2012
5:08:01 PM
View profile
Want a different phone, don't want to go through AT&T...

Hello,

I would like to get an Android phone, I currently have the most basic bar phone you could have.  I have a two-year contract and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  So my upgrade option prices are high through AT&T right now.  Could I buy a phone through Walmart, or Best Buy, etc., and add it to my current AT&T account by switching phones?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice!

Hello,

I would like to get an Android phone, I currently have the most basic bar phone you could have.  I have a two-year contract and it doesn't expire for another year or so.  So my upgrade option prices are high through AT&T right now.  Could I buy a phone through Walmart, or Best Buy, etc., and add it to my current AT&T account by switching phones?  If so, how would I go about doing this?  Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice!

Want a different phone, don't want to go through AT&T...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2012 8:29:50 PM
(0)

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Re: Want a different phone, don't want to go through AT&T...

2 of 2 (512 Views)