WWDC 2012!

Former Community Manager

WWDC 2012!

Today marks the opening day of Apple's WWDC in San Francisco. 

 

https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

 

Anyone lucky enough to go? What do you hope to hear announced?

 

 

 

 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 28 (888 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: WWDC 2012!


21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

Graphite, I'm not being sarcastic but am truly curious.  What was so great about iOS 6?



with you, did not see anything that was really revolutionary or a large step forward.


What!  Smiley Surprised Wingrider01 and I actually agree on something?!  I'm sending this post to the archives for posterity. Smiley Tongue


I might make this post a sticky... Smiley Tongue

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 28 (711 Views)
Expert

Re: WWDC 2012!


jamileh wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

Graphite, I'm not being sarcastic but am truly curious.  What was so great about iOS 6?



with you, did not see anything that was really revolutionary or a large step forward.


What!  Smiley Surprised Wingrider01 and I actually agree on something?!  I'm sending this post to the archives for posterity. Smiley Tongue


I might make this post a sticky... Smiley Tongue



I need to find a appropriate socially acceptable response for this one - --- watch your email boxSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 28 (707 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: WWDC 2012!

Ahahahaha! I love you guys. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 28 (705 Views)
Scholar

Re: WWDC 2012!

There's not much to excite someone with iOS 6 but I'm sure there will
Be a few changes to it that will keep ppl happy that option to make ur phone
Go to sleep looks good and will certainly use it Smiley Happy

I would hope they have sorted Siri out allowing me to find businesses
In the UK other than being told (Sorry I can only locate businesses within the US) lol

Also whom of u mentioned the Samsung Galaxy 3 I got to have a play with one
Instore the other day it's not that exciting tbh it has a nice display the touch wiz is maybe better then the S2 but I thought the housing still felt abit cheap !!!

It's a nice Phone but I wouldn't exchange my 4S for one personally!!!
Message 19 of 28 (696 Views)
Professor

Re: WWDC 2012!

We love you to Jamileh! Smiley Happy

 

I'm waiting anxiously for the Galaxy S III to come out.  Just waiting on AT&T's in-store release date.  I don't want to mess with the pre-orders.

Message 20 of 28 (690 Views)
Master

Re: WWDC 2012!

Overall iOS 6 is an evolution not revolution.  I personally think what makes this great is not the features that are in it but what it says of the future.  

 

Look at the current reminders app with notifications when you arrive or depart some area telling you of a todo.  Now they are going to do this with the new Passes app and potentially open this up to other developers.  Imagine what others will think of. The integration of Facebook and the continued integration of twitter.  As a Mac user, the potential to pass my current state of work between devices is very intriguing.  

 

I use the 4 and my wife has the 4S.  I would not upgrade her iPhone for a new model but I am due to take full advantage of the new features.  I would agree with others that upgrading a 4S may not be a must do.....

 

 

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 28 (677 Views)
Expert

Re: WWDC 2012!

[ Edited ]

youngjm wrote:

Overall iOS 6 is an evolution not revolution.  I personally think what makes this great is not the features that are in it but what it says of the future.  

 

Look at the current reminders app with notifications when you arrive or depart some area telling you of a todo.  Now they are going to do this with the new Passes app and potentially open this up to other developers.  Imagine what others will think of. The integration of Facebook and the continued integration of twitter.  As a Mac user, the potential to pass my current state of work between devices is very intriguing.  

 

I use the 4 and my wife has the 4S.  I would not upgrade her iPhone for a new model but I am due to take full advantage of the new features.  I would agree with others that upgrading a 4S may not be a must do.....

 

 


very little for the business world in it though, 90 percent of the enhnacments will be blocked in most security aware corporatopns. There have already been a number of the larger corproations that have blocked SIRI from use on compnay supplied phones and on employee phones when connected to the corporate wifi infrasstructure have had turn by turn free gps navigation on the phone for awhile.

 

Kind of reminds me of Windows 8 - blah...

Message 22 of 28 (660 Views)
Master

Re: WWDC 2012!

Remember that apple is friendly to corporations but that is not their primary target so to them it may not matter?
_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 23 of 28 (653 Views)
Expert

Re: WWDC 2012!


youngjm wrote:
Remember that apple is friendly to corporations but that is not their primary target so to them it may not matter?


that may have been true years ago, but apple has figured out that corporations are when the money is going to be in the long run, especially with the iphone and ipads. Their hardware people have figured this out when they are getting large direct purchase sales from companies, now the software side needs to realize this and start coding for more then the casual end user.

 

have already seen a major shift in the corprorate concentric Apple personnel over the last couple of years.

Message 24 of 28 (645 Views)
Master

Re: WWDC 2012!

Agree but they are still a consumer electronics company cdnd will not hold back functionality due to businesses.
_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 25 of 28 (634 Views)
Expert

Re: WWDC 2012!


youngjm wrote:
Agree but they are still a consumer electronics company cdnd will not hold back functionality due to businesses.


long as they continue to supply the configuration application for corporate use then I am comfortable with using them, they discontinue it and we discontinue the use of ipads and iphones in the corporation.

Message 26 of 28 (627 Views)
Professor

Re: WWDC 2012!

This was probably the most anticlimactic WWDC ever.
Message 27 of 28 (580 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: WWDC 2012!


wingrider01 wrote:

youngjm wrote:
Agree but they are still a consumer electronics company cdnd will not hold back functionality due to businesses.


long as they continue to supply the configuration application for corporate use then I am comfortable with using them, they discontinue it and we discontinue the use of ipads and iphones in the corporation.


[Shakes head in confused manner]  How do we go from being a consumer electronics company that is supporting business to worry that they are going to discontinue a tool designed for business?  Companies can support functionality or not based on their needs.  Apple's approach is let the consumer adopt the technology and make the companies follow.  Even look at their approach to education.  They make the tools work there so that as kids grow up, they want what is familiar to them and right now that is Apple!  This is different than the past where CIO's had lots of say about what did and did not get done.   The mobile market place is changing the ways companies need to think.  I.e. BYOD vs company supplied.  That is why RIM is so successful today (Well not really).  Great devices at the time but I sure don't want one for my personal use.  Palm did the same thing....

 

All I suggested is that Business may have a very good reason for blocking something but Apple is not going to let that get in the way of their innovation and bringing cool things to the consumer.  In no way shape or form are they abandoning business.  They just do not rule the roost like they used to in terms of dictating functionality!

 

 

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 28 of 28 (569 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support