Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 11, 2012
6:39:14 AM
View profile
WWDC 2012!

Today marks the opening day of Apple's WWDC in San Francisco. 

https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Anyone lucky enough to go? What do you hope to hear announced?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Today marks the opening day of Apple's WWDC in San Francisco. 

https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Anyone lucky enough to go? What do you hope to hear announced?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

WWDC 2012!

27 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 8:21:16 AM
(0)
Master
That is a loaded question!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
That is a loaded question!

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: WWDC 2012!

2 of 28 (805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 8:27:39 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm geeking out over WWDC. I can't wait to see what they announce. 

--------------

I'm geeking out over WWDC. I can't wait to see what they announce. 

--------------

3 of 28 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 10:16:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I hope that webpages will reformat to match the width of the screen after zoom-in.  I also need for there to be more keyboard options, either natively or as apps.  Word-tracing keyboards are a requirement for me to use the device as anything more than a phone.  I would ask for Widgets, but I think that that would be asking for too much.

I hope that webpages will reformat to match the width of the screen after zoom-in.  I also need for there to be more keyboard options, either natively or as apps.  Word-tracing keyboards are a requirement for me to use the device as anything more than a phone.  I would ask for Widgets, but I think that that would be asking for too much.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 28 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 10:28:06 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Wow - the next generation Mac Book Pro looks amazing. I wonder if I can convince the powers that be that I need one for...market research or something. Smiley Happy

0.71 inches! Crazy thin!

--------------

Wow - the next generation Mac Book Pro looks amazing. I wonder if I can convince the powers that be that I need one for...market research or something. Smiley Happy

0.71 inches! Crazy thin!

--------------

5 of 28 (778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 11:19:34 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Wow. Siri will finally have the ability to launch apps. That is awesome. 

--------------

Wow. Siri will finally have the ability to launch apps. That is awesome. 

--------------

6 of 28 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 4:36:37 AM
(0)
Professor
Any news of a new iPhone? Yes or no? Jamilehdid you got to the WWDC?
hello!!!

7 of 28 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 5:59:51 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I wish I got to go! That would be awesome but I think I'd have a full on geek-attack. 

They didn't say anything about any new hardware. 

Here's a link to the keynote: http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/126pihbedvcoihbefvbhjkbvsefbg/event/index.html

--------------

I wish I got to go! That would be awesome but I think I'd have a full on geek-attack. 

They didn't say anything about any new hardware. 

Here's a link to the keynote: http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/126pihbedvcoihbefvbhjkbvsefbg/event/index.html

--------------

8 of 28 (712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 6:01:04 AM
(0)
Expert

graphite07 wrote:

few details, fall release hinted at - probably around october.

graphite07 wrote:

few details, fall release hinted at - probably around october.

9 of 28 (713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 10:11:09 AM
(0)
Professor
Iso 6.0 sounds good from what I read. Hope the new iPhone is bigger and better!
Iso 6.0 sounds good from what I read. Hope the new iPhone is bigger and better!
hello!!!

10 of 28 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 10:26:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Graphite, I'm not being sarcastic but am truly curious.  What was so great about iOS 6?

Graphite, I'm not being sarcastic but am truly curious.  What was so great about iOS 6?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 28 (681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 11:30:59 AM
(0)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

with you, did not see anything that was really revolutionary or a large step forward.

21stNow wrote:

with you, did not see anything that was really revolutionary or a large step forward.

12 of 28 (670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 12:18:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

What!  Smiley Surprised Wingrider01 and I actually agree on something?!  I'm sending this post to the archives for posterity. Smiley Tongue

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

What!  Smiley Surprised Wingrider01 and I actually agree on something?!  I'm sending this post to the archives for posterity. Smiley Tongue

13 of 28 (662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 2:16:46 PM
(0)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

like my grandpappy used ot say - even a blind dog finds a bone once in awhileSmiley Happy

Then again I am not a dyed in the wool apple fanatic, curious to see how the new samsung drails apple's train.

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

like my grandpappy used ot say - even a blind dog finds a bone once in awhileSmiley Happy

Then again I am not a dyed in the wool apple fanatic, curious to see how the new samsung drails apple's train.

14 of 28 (654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 2:27:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm curious about this, too.  I'm glad that Samsung has commercials for the Galaxy S III.  However, the AT&T store reps don't seem to have enthusiasm about this phone (shocker!).  I chatted with one this weekend who wasn't excited about the GSIII launch at all.  He didn't even know that they were available for pre-order already.

I'm curious about this, too.  I'm glad that Samsung has commercials for the Galaxy S III.  However, the AT&T store reps don't seem to have enthusiasm about this phone (shocker!).  I chatted with one this weekend who wasn't excited about the GSIII launch at all.  He didn't even know that they were available for pre-order already.

15 of 28 (651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 2:30:09 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

I might make this post a sticky... Smiley Tongue

--------------

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

--------------

16 of 28 (650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 2:49:55 PM
(0)
Expert

jamileh wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

I need to find a appropriate socially acceptable response for this one - --- watch your email boxSmiley Happy

jamileh wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

I need to find a appropriate socially acceptable response for this one - --- watch your email boxSmiley Happy

17 of 28 (646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 2:52:43 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Ahahahaha! I love you guys. Smiley Happy

--------------

Ahahahaha! I love you guys. Smiley Happy

--------------

18 of 28 (644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 4:51:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
There's not much to excite someone with iOS 6 but I'm sure there will
Be a few changes to it that will keep ppl happy that option to make ur phone
Go to sleep looks good and will certainly use it Smiley Happy

I would hope they have sorted Siri out allowing me to find businesses
In the UK other than being told (Sorry I can only locate businesses within the US) lol

Also whom of u mentioned the Samsung Galaxy 3 I got to have a play with one
Instore the other day it's not that exciting tbh it has a nice display the touch wiz is maybe better then the S2 but I thought the housing still felt abit cheap !!!

It's a nice Phone but I wouldn't exchange my 4S for one personally!!!
There's not much to excite someone with iOS 6 but I'm sure there will
Be a few changes to it that will keep ppl happy that option to make ur phone
Go to sleep looks good and will certainly use it Smiley Happy

I would hope they have sorted Siri out allowing me to find businesses
In the UK other than being told (Sorry I can only locate businesses within the US) lol

Also whom of u mentioned the Samsung Galaxy 3 I got to have a play with one
Instore the other day it's not that exciting tbh it has a nice display the touch wiz is maybe better then the S2 but I thought the housing still felt abit cheap !!!

It's a nice Phone but I wouldn't exchange my 4S for one personally!!!

19 of 28 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 5:40:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

We love you to Jamileh! Smiley Happy

I'm waiting anxiously for the Galaxy S III to come out.  Just waiting on AT&T's in-store release date.  I don't want to mess with the pre-orders.

We love you to Jamileh! Smiley Happy

I'm waiting anxiously for the Galaxy S III to come out.  Just waiting on AT&T's in-store release date.  I don't want to mess with the pre-orders.

20 of 28 (629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 9:46:40 PM
(0)
Master

Overall iOS 6 is an evolution not revolution.  I personally think what makes this great is not the features that are in it but what it says of the future.  

Look at the current reminders app with notifications when you arrive or depart some area telling you of a todo.  Now they are going to do this with the new Passes app and potentially open this up to other developers.  Imagine what others will think of. The integration of Facebook and the continued integration of twitter.  As a Mac user, the potential to pass my current state of work between devices is very intriguing.  

I use the 4 and my wife has the 4S.  I would not upgrade her iPhone for a new model but I am due to take full advantage of the new features.  I would agree with others that upgrading a 4S may not be a must do.....

Overall iOS 6 is an evolution not revolution.  I personally think what makes this great is not the features that are in it but what it says of the future.  

Look at the current reminders app with notifications when you arrive or depart some area telling you of a todo.  Now they are going to do this with the new Passes app and potentially open this up to other developers.  Imagine what others will think of. The integration of Facebook and the continued integration of twitter.  As a Mac user, the potential to pass my current state of work between devices is very intriguing.  

I use the 4 and my wife has the 4S.  I would not upgrade her iPhone for a new model but I am due to take full advantage of the new features.  I would agree with others that upgrading a 4S may not be a must do.....

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

21 of 28 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 3:36:15 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jun 13, 2012 at 3:37:26 AM

youngjm wrote:

very little for the business world in it though, 90 percent of the enhnacments will be blocked in most security aware corporatopns. There have already been a number of the larger corproations that have blocked SIRI from use on compnay supplied phones and on employee phones when connected to the corporate wifi infrasstructure have had turn by turn free gps navigation on the phone for awhile.

Kind of reminds me of Windows 8 - blah...

youngjm wrote:

very little for the business world in it though, 90 percent of the enhnacments will be blocked in most security aware corporatopns. There have already been a number of the larger corproations that have blocked SIRI from use on compnay supplied phones and on employee phones when connected to the corporate wifi infrasstructure have had turn by turn free gps navigation on the phone for awhile.

Kind of reminds me of Windows 8 - blah...

[ Edited ]
22 of 28 (599 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 5:18:02 AM
(0)
Master
Remember that apple is friendly to corporations but that is not their primary target so to them it may not matter?

Remember that apple is friendly to corporations but that is not their primary target so to them it may not matter?

23 of 28 (592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 6:05:44 AM
(0)
Expert

youngjm wrote:

that may have been true years ago, but apple has figured out that corporations are when the money is going to be in the long run, especially with the iphone and ipads. Their hardware people have figured this out when they are getting large direct purchase sales from companies, now the software side needs to realize this and start coding for more then the casual end user.

have already seen a major shift in the corprorate concentric Apple personnel over the last couple of years.

youngjm wrote:

that may have been true years ago, but apple has figured out that corporations are when the money is going to be in the long run, especially with the iphone and ipads. Their hardware people have figured this out when they are getting large direct purchase sales from companies, now the software side needs to realize this and start coding for more then the casual end user.

have already seen a major shift in the corprorate concentric Apple personnel over the last couple of years.

24 of 28 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 9:28:35 AM
(0)
Master
Agree but they are still a consumer electronics company cdnd will not hold back functionality due to businesses.

Agree but they are still a consumer electronics company cdnd will not hold back functionality due to businesses.

25 of 28 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 10:29:18 AM
(0)
Expert

youngjm wrote:

long as they continue to supply the configuration application for corporate use then I am comfortable with using them, they discontinue it and we discontinue the use of ipads and iphones in the corporation.

youngjm wrote:

long as they continue to supply the configuration application for corporate use then I am comfortable with using them, they discontinue it and we discontinue the use of ipads and iphones in the corporation.

26 of 28 (566 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 5:59:16 AM
(0)
Professor
This was probably the most anticlimactic WWDC ever.
This was probably the most anticlimactic WWDC ever.

27 of 28 (519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 10:18:23 AM
(0)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

youngjm wrote:

[Shakes head in confused manner]  How do we go from being a consumer electronics company that is supporting business to worry that they are going to discontinue a tool designed for business?  Companies can support functionality or not based on their needs.  Apple's approach is let the consumer adopt the technology and make the companies follow.  Even look at their approach to education.  They make the tools work there so that as kids grow up, they want what is familiar to them and right now that is Apple!  This is different than the past where CIO's had lots of say about what did and did not get done.   The mobile market place is changing the ways companies need to think.  I.e. BYOD vs company supplied.  That is why RIM is so successful today (Well not really).  Great devices at the time but I sure don't want one for my personal use.  Palm did the same thing....

All I suggested is that Business may have a very good reason for blocking something but Apple is not going to let that get in the way of their innovation and bringing cool things to the consumer.  In no way shape or form are they abandoning business.  They just do not rule the roost like they used to in terms of dictating functionality!

wingrider01 wrote:

youngjm wrote:

[Shakes head in confused manner]  How do we go from being a consumer electronics company that is supporting business to worry that they are going to discontinue a tool designed for business?  Companies can support functionality or not based on their needs.  Apple's approach is let the consumer adopt the technology and make the companies follow.  Even look at their approach to education.  They make the tools work there so that as kids grow up, they want what is familiar to them and right now that is Apple!  This is different than the past where CIO's had lots of say about what did and did not get done.   The mobile market place is changing the ways companies need to think.  I.e. BYOD vs company supplied.  That is why RIM is so successful today (Well not really).  Great devices at the time but I sure don't want one for my personal use.  Palm did the same thing....

All I suggested is that Business may have a very good reason for blocking something but Apple is not going to let that get in the way of their innovation and bringing cool things to the consumer.  In no way shape or form are they abandoning business.  They just do not rule the roost like they used to in terms of dictating functionality!

28 of 28 (508 Views)