WPA2 with ATT Connection Manager for Air Card

Contributor

WPA2 with ATT Connection Manager for Air Card

Hi, just wondering if anyone was able to get WPA2 working on the ATT Connection Manger.  I have the ACM installed on Vista, and i was able to access my work's wi-fi network, which is WPA2 encrypted, but now with ACM i can't connect anymore.  The software just hangs on 'Performing WPA2 Authentication (enterprise)'. and then says failed.  Any help!?  Thanks!
Message 1 of 2 (2,404 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: WPA2 with ATT Connection Manager for Air Card

aarvide wrote:
Hi, just wondering if anyone was able to get WPA2 working on the ATT Connection Manger.  I have the ACM installed on Vista, and i was able to access my work's wi-fi network, which is WPA2 encrypted, but now with ACM i can't connect anymore.  The software just hangs on 'Performing WPA2 Authentication (enterprise)'. and then says failed.  Any help!?  Thanks!

It's not ACM's fault, it's Windows.  I use WPA2 at home with ACM and it initially did not work, I actually had the exact same issue you are having.  Turns out that Windows doesn't natively support WPA2.  I was able to resolve it by downloading a hotfix from MS.

Vista:  Sorry, I don't have a hotfix but I was able to connect after running Windows Update.
Message 2 of 2 (2,372 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.