WP7 Mango Visual Voice Mail

Teacher

WP7 Mango Visual Voice Mail

The Mango update for Windows Phone 7 is coming this fall and I was curious if ATT has any plans to allow the native visual voice mail in the Mango update work on their network.

I know that ATT supports VVM with the iPhone and BBs right now, but unfortunately WP7 running Mango currently have no option to use VVM.  (T-Mobile's network currently allows VVM in Mango just to verify the option exists)

Any idea when this maybe unlocked? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 65 (5,556 Views)
Teacher

Re: WP7 Mango Visual Voice Mail

So ATT is releasing the Mango update come 27Sep11 now.... do we get VVM or not? 

Message 16 of 65 (3,057 Views)
Tutor

I just upgraded both of my Samsung Focus' to the official AT&T approved Windows Phone 7.5 and so did my friends on T-Mobile and Verizon. Now here is what stings me! AT&T calls themselves the "Premier Provider of Windows Phones" in the USA and so far AT&T is the only company that doesn't support Visual Voicemail on Windows Phone 7.5 devices! It's pretty lame that Version with ONE phone and T-Mobile only lists ONE phone and both of their services are providing their new Windows 7.5 phones with Visual Voicemail. AT&T really doesn't care about Microsoft or Windows Phone -- or care about it's customers. Booo! John
Message 17 of 65 (2,969 Views)
Tutor

AT&T doesn't even have "Avatars" in their forum for Windows Phone users!

No image of a Windows Phone and under OS they only have three little Android avatars.

Second class all the way.  Oh, Maybe 3rd class becasue Apple and their iPhone ranks above WP7 in AT&Ts eyes.

Message 18 of 65 (2,964 Views)
Contributor

Alright, the disappointment at the lack of immediately available VVM after the Mango update aside, now that AT&T has officially released WP7.5, when can we expect WORD on the availability of visual voicemail?

Message 19 of 65 (2,937 Views)
Contributor

Good luck with that. I just spend the last hour on the phone with tech support and they claim that according to Samsung the Focus does not support VVM with the 7.5 update. I kept trying to push the issue but that seemed to be the company line.
Message 20 of 65 (2,910 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

This feature is absolutely provided by the Windows Phone OS.  We need to continue to ask for it from AT&T so that they realize that this is a feature people care about.

Please enable Visual Voicemail for Windows Phones!  I have a Samsung Focus and I have been hoping for this feature for a long time.

Message 21 of 65 (4,723 Views)
Teacher

This is most definatly a feature that is wanted by myself and many others.

Message 22 of 65 (4,674 Views)
Contributor

I'm very disappointed AT&T dropped the ball on this. Mango has been coming for a long time and this was a widely publicised feature added. AT&T has no excuse for short changing us on this. 

I'm consistently disappointed by this company. Hopefully the Nokia phones are available on other carriers. 

Message 23 of 65 (4,670 Views)
Contributor

I plan on switching to T-mobile because AT&T is ridiculous...worst provider for WP7 period...and their support, both online and on the phone, are cue card reading drones

Message 24 of 65 (4,557 Views)
Tutor

I am posting in this thread to voice my support for AT&T to support Visual Voicemail in Windows Phone 7.5.

With AT&T being the "premiere carrier" in the US, I assumed VVM would be supported.

Message 25 of 65 (4,542 Views)
Contributor

I too would like to request visual voicemail for Windows Phone 7.5 on AT&T. 

Message 26 of 65 (4,497 Views)
Teacher

Nearly 3 months ago I asked about VVM in Windows Phone 7.1.  I have contacted ATT more then 5 times during this asking for information and still nothing....

I ask, I just informing us that it is in the works or not too much to ask?

Also I love the fact that while the new phones like the Samsung Focus S are listed in ATT's system already, they too are said to not support VVM.  Is this what we are to look forward to on the Premeir WP7 dealer?

Message 27 of 65 (4,479 Views)
Teacher

OMG

https://twitter.com/#!/ATT/status/119099087999086593

They are, or at least say they are, working on VVM for WP7.

Message 28 of 65 (4,467 Views)
Contributor

Add me to the list of those who are appalled that the premier WP carrier would COMPLETELY drop the ball with one of the best new features of Mango.  Shame on you AT&T!

The feature is there...you knew about it...you support it for iPhone (and that sinking ship of an OS, Blackberry)!

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were intentionally trying sabotage WP7!  Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and this was Apple launching a new feature that was designed into the OS, but AT&T neglected to support it on their network?  No, you can't imagine...because IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!

Get with the program AT&T or I'll take my $250/mo. elsewhere!  And that's not an idle threat.

Message 29 of 65 (4,400 Views)
Tutor

ATT has the worst support I have ecver had the displeasure of dealing with.  There is always somone else to pass the buck to, and nobody is capable of handling anything because its always "another department" or "out of my control".  I can't count on fingers and toes how many times I have wished that there was another option, but there isn't.  ATT has a monopoly.  If they did this to an apple product, apple would not only stop selling products through ATT, they would BAN usage of thier devices on ATT, and sue the pants off of them for damaging thier products view in the public eye.  ATT loves to pass the blame to someone else, but this is nobody's fault but ATTs. WP7.5 rocks, and ATT makes it look like a continual dissapointment.

Message 30 of 65 (3,807 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.