Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 9, 2010
4:16:26 PM
View profile
WM6

I plan to install WM6 to my cingular 8525 (which came with WM5). I have downloaded from one of the posts on this forum. Is it stabler than WM5? I had heard of one of the AT&T tilt phone crash all of a sudden and several had lots of problems with WM6. Would it be the same case with cingular 8525? Also, would I be able to reinstall WM5 after that? Any help is very much appreciated. 

I plan to install WM6 to my cingular 8525 (which came with WM5). I have downloaded from one of the posts on this forum. Is it stabler than WM5? I had heard of one of the AT&T tilt phone crash all of a sudden and several had lots of problems with WM6. Would it be the same case with cingular 8525? Also, would I be able to reinstall WM5 after that? Any help is very much appreciated. 

WM6

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2010 6:38:58 PM
(0)
Professor

rashmiks wrote:

Honestly, you cannot compare what happened to someone else's Tilt with your 8525, they are two completely different devices.  The Tilt came with WM6 installed.

The upgrade for the 8525 to WM6 is, in my opinion, very much worth it.  I am a bit shocked that you are just now getting around to loading it on a 4 year old device.  When I had my 8525, I loaded WM6 on it without any issues.  I also tried several custom ROMs without any issues.

rashmiks wrote:

Honestly, you cannot compare what happened to someone else's Tilt with your 8525, they are two completely different devices.  The Tilt came with WM6 installed.

The upgrade for the 8525 to WM6 is, in my opinion, very much worth it.  I am a bit shocked that you are just now getting around to loading it on a 4 year old device.  When I had my 8525, I loaded WM6 on it without any issues.  I also tried several custom ROMs without any issues.

Re: WM6

2 of 5 (1,433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2010 9:38:38 AM
(0)
Expert

You should probably flash a cooked ROM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

You should probably flash a cooked ROM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

3 of 5 (1,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2010 2:27:31 PM
(0)
Professor

Wow, i havent heard that word "Cingular" in a long time... sort of reminded me of "Primeco" (the little red box head alien guy)

Wow, i havent heard that word "Cingular" in a long time... sort of reminded me of "Primeco" (the little red box head alien guy)

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

4 of 5 (1,245 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 9:44:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by masterminds on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:22:59 AM

Hello... could you please confirm your experience in upgrading to wm6 on 8525... were you successful? Please share the details ... {Personal content removed for your safety}

Hello... could you please confirm your experience in upgrading to wm6 on 8525... were you successful? Please share the details ... {Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (838 Views)