WHY is is SO difficult to process an upgrade

Contributor

WHY is is SO difficult to process an upgrade

I have been trying to upgrade my phone to a refurbished Samsung Galaxy SII for 9.99 for the last 3 hours and have basically been given the run around. Trying to purchase it online is futile - when you want to check out you can't b/c you have to add a data plan - it doesn't recognize the existing one you have and when you try to add one it tells you none are available then wipes out everything you did. When you call - they'll tell you that they can't process refurbished plans over the phone (WELL HOW THE HECK DO YOU SELL THEM?) - They'll give you the number for the premier service - which in turn doesn't work and promptly hangs up on you. I give up - at this point it is just easier for me to file an insurance claim. I wanted to use my upgrade since I am eligible, but I am moving overseas so didn't want to get a brand new phone. If I had a choice, I wouldn't join AT&T specifically b/c it's such a hassle.

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: WHY is is SO difficult to process an upgrade

Is the phone you're upgrading from a smartphone? Smartphones require a smartphone data plan, you can't use a non smartphone data plan on the GSII.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: WHY is is SO difficult to process an upgrade

Yes, I have a smart phone currently and already have an active data plan. It just doesn't let you upgrade on the website b/c of some glitch and you can't order refurbished phones over the phone. No point.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support