WHAT MEANS "OTHER"

Contributor

WHAT MEANS "OTHER"

I have synchronized the phone today, and this takes a lot of memory, what can I do to remove It?

Message 1 of 4 (454 Views)
Scholar

Re: WHAT MEANS "OTHER"

gmvautom wrote:

I have synchronized the phone today, and this takes a lot of memory, what can I do to remove It?

"Other" is the filesystem, saved data (like from games, etc.) album artwork, and anything else that iOS can't recognize as being one of the other categories.

If you have lots of games, delete them (including their stored data), then reinstall them, or you can choose to delete some of the other things (like photos, songs, etc.) in order to free up space.

Message 2 of 4 (443 Views)
Professor

Simply quit all apps you have running on back ground and turn your iPhone OFF and ON.
Message 3 of 4 (375 Views)
Highlighted
Master

After syncing, it should go down as it also contains the crash logs that are transfered to your computer during a sync.  This is in addition to any data that gets stored.  Sometimes a reboot also helps after a sync.  Hold your on/off key and home key for 8 to 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.  Keep in mind that some amount is normal and it will depend upon what type of apps you have and what they need to store to keep track of your history.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.