WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

Tutor

WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

iF YOU HAVE AN IPHONE ON ATT THET TREAT YOU LIKE GODS AND KINGS. I UNDERSTAND AT&T IS A BUSINESS, BUT THEY SHOULD ALSO LOOK OUT FOR THE CUSTOMERS DEMANDS. THEY TOOK AWAY THE UNLIMTED DATA PLAN WHICH CAUSED ALOT OF PEOPLE TO LEAVE. SINCE YOU HAVE THIS DEAL WITH APPLE YOU HAVE NOT SUPPLIED ANY HIHG END ANDROID DEVICES WHICH IS ANOTHER THING THAT IS NOT RIGHT. HANDS DOWN ANDROID IS BETTER THAN THE IPHONE AND EVERYONE KNOWS BUT AT&T. sO WHEN THE IPHONE DOES GO TO VERIZON AND IT IS HAPPENING THEN I HOPE ATT AS A COMPANY GOES UNDER. WINDOWS MOBILE IS OLD AND OUT DATED 

Message 1 of 25 (2,214 Views)
Professor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

It would be easier to read if you'd turn off the CAPS.

Most will ignore your post due to the fact that your are screaming for no apparent reason.

Message 2 of 25 (2,185 Views)
Tutor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

Of course you would respond because your an iphone user... 

Message 3 of 25 (2,176 Views)
Professor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

Yeah, caps locks is annoying to read.

 

Why would anybody leave ATT due to the new data plans?  If you already have an unlimited data plan, you don't lose it.  You can keep in indefinitely. 

Message 4 of 25 (2,170 Views)
Guru

This is what will happen

Their data speeds should increase, since all of the iPhone download hogs will think the speed

will be better on another carrier, a lot will migrate to another carrier, and then complain about

the data speed on the other carrier.

Message 5 of 25 (2,116 Views)
Teacher

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

[ Edited ]

One of two things will happen when AT&T loses the iPhone:

 

1. Their phone selection improves out of necessity. 

 

2. They go out of business.

 

Either way I'd be thrilled.

Message 6 of 25 (2,086 Views)
Expert

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

We all get to read with amusment the whines and complants about poor service and junky carrier on the other forums, only instead of those posts referencing one of the carriers current phones it will have Iphone in the whine.

 

As far as your question - nothing worth talking about

Message 7 of 25 (2,069 Views)
Expert

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS


MikeyMike01 wrote:

One of two things will happen when AT&T loses the iPhone:

 

1. Their phone selection improves out of necessity. 

 

2. They go out of business.

 

Either way I'd be thrilled.


1. doubt it, has to do with corporate contracts with the phones manufacturer

2. /rofl ATT go out of business, needed a good laugh for that one

 

either way suspect you are wrong about 1 and totally wrong about 2

Message 8 of 25 (2,068 Views)
Employee

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

Nothing will change.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 25 (2,062 Views)
Professor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

 


MikeyMike01 wrote:

One of two things will happen when AT&T loses the iPhone:

 

1. Their phone selection improves out of necessity. 

 

2. They go out of business.

 

Either way I'd be thrilled.


 

ATT had plenty of business before the iPhone.  What makes you think it will be any different without?

 

Number 1 is very probable.  Number 2 is so improbably, its pretty funny you even typed it.

Message 10 of 25 (2,042 Views)
Master

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS


redpoint73 wrote:

 


MikeyMike01 wrote:

One of two things will happen when AT&T loses the iPhone:

 

1. Their phone selection improves out of necessity. 

 

2. They go out of business.

 

Either way I'd be thrilled.


 

ATT had plenty of business before the iPhone.  What makes you think it will be any different without?

 

Number 1 is very probable.  Number 2 is so improbably, its pretty funny you even typed it.


Thought I should join in and share a laugh about this, too... Smiley Wink

 

AT&T - Going out of business. With over 87 MILLION customers and counting. I don't think so anytime soon.

 

Either way, your post does not make any sense... If their phone selection improved - wait - wouldn't that make customers want to STAY instead of LEAVE? That's what I would do, and that's how I think of it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 11 of 25 (1,635 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

Hopefully we finally get some high powered android devices. As you can see one of the at&t employees made a comment on this forum and he has an htc evo.  And if the  i phone does go to verizon, verizon is going to be prepared for the traffic. Thats the big reason and push for lte. Verizon not a stupid company like at&t. And i really wish some one from at&t would read these fourms and see how frustrating it is for non iphone customers.

Message 12 of 25 (1,606 Views)
Expert

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS


dre2313 wrote:

Hopefully we finally get some high powered android devices. As you can see one of the at&t employees made a comment on this forum and he has an htc evo.  And if the  i phone does go to verizon, verizon is going to be prepared for the traffic. Thats the big reason and push for lte. Verizon not a stupid company like at&t. And i really wish some one from at&t would read these fourms and see how frustrating it is for non iphone customers.


Means nothing, back before I had my own business I worked for Chevrolet corporate I drove a Ford Shelby.

 

ATT does not read these forums officially and the employee's post on their own time. The manufacturer of the phone is the driving force and the contracts they have with other carriers, Apple did not start the use of exclusivtity on devices - was around a long time before Apple even had a germ of the idea of a cell phone.

 

It is your opinion that verizone wil be ready for the network increase, unless you have access to some statistics that prove their network will fair any better then ATT's will. The only thing that is certain is the verizon forums are going to be almost as amusing as the ATT forums when people claim that verizons offered phones have gotten worse becasue of the almighty iphone, and reading the exact same complaints about serivce that are already over they with the substitution of the iphone as the cause.

Message 13 of 25 (1,592 Views)
Tutor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

First off, Android is way more flexible than the iPhone.

 

Second, AT&T has the fastest network.

 

Third if the iPhone moves to another network (which won't happen for a long time) that network will then do what AT&T did, a similar 2GB data plan because they won't be able to handle the increased bandwidth.

 

The reason why AT&T has a fast network is because of the 2GB plan, people don't want to go over. If they still had the unlimited plan you would be mad that the network was slow because of the 100's of people playing HD videos (or any videos) or streaming music.

Message 14 of 25 (1,539 Views)
Professor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

 


ryannaddy wrote:

 

Second, AT&T has the fastest network.

 

The reason why AT&T has a fast network is because of the 2GB plan, people don't want to go over. If they still had the unlimited plan you would be mad that the network was slow because of the 100's of people playing HD videos (or any videos) or streaming music.


PC Magazine tested ATT to be overall fastest in tests this fall.  Its mostly due to infrastructure improvements.  But this was just an average for the markets they tested.  Which network is the fastest completely depends on your specific location, and ATT is not always the fastest.  Plus, ATT lags behind in secondary markets ( I think the PC Magazine test only included large cities).  And other carriers are already deploying 4G networks.  Verizon is rumored to deploy LTE in 2011, where I haven't heard anything about ATT even getting close to deploying 4G.

 

Message 15 of 25 (1,456 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.