Posted Nov 22, 2010
10:31:48 AM
View profile
WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

iF YOU HAVE AN IPHONE ON ATT THET TREAT YOU LIKE GODS AND KINGS. I UNDERSTAND AT&T IS A BUSINESS, BUT THEY SHOULD ALSO LOOK OUT FOR THE CUSTOMERS DEMANDS. THEY TOOK AWAY THE UNLIMTED DATA PLAN WHICH CAUSED ALOT OF PEOPLE TO LEAVE. SINCE YOU HAVE THIS DEAL WITH APPLE YOU HAVE NOT SUPPLIED ANY HIHG END ANDROID DEVICES WHICH IS ANOTHER THING THAT IS NOT RIGHT. HANDS DOWN ANDROID IS BETTER THAN THE IPHONE AND EVERYONE KNOWS BUT AT&T. sO WHEN THE IPHONE DOES GO TO VERIZON AND IT IS HAPPENING THEN I HOPE ATT AS A COMPANY GOES UNDER. WINDOWS MOBILE IS OLD AND OUT DATED 

iF YOU HAVE AN IPHONE ON ATT THET TREAT YOU LIKE GODS AND KINGS. I UNDERSTAND AT&T IS A BUSINESS, BUT THEY SHOULD ALSO LOOK OUT FOR THE CUSTOMERS DEMANDS. THEY TOOK AWAY THE UNLIMTED DATA PLAN WHICH CAUSED ALOT OF PEOPLE TO LEAVE. SINCE YOU HAVE THIS DEAL WITH APPLE YOU HAVE NOT SUPPLIED ANY HIHG END ANDROID DEVICES WHICH IS ANOTHER THING THAT IS NOT RIGHT. HANDS DOWN ANDROID IS BETTER THAN THE IPHONE AND EVERYONE KNOWS BUT AT&T. sO WHEN THE IPHONE DOES GO TO VERIZON AND IT IS HAPPENING THEN I HOPE ATT AS A COMPANY GOES UNDER. WINDOWS MOBILE IS OLD AND OUT DATED 

WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2010 10:57:12 AM
(0)
Professor

It would be easier to read if you'd turn off the CAPS.

Most will ignore your post due to the fact that your are screaming for no apparent reason.

It would be easier to read if you'd turn off the CAPS.

Most will ignore your post due to the fact that your are screaming for no apparent reason.

Re: WHAT HAPPENS TO AT&T WHEN THE IPHONE IS ON OTHER CARRIERS

2 of 25 (2,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2010 11:08:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

Of course you would respond because your an iphone user... 

Of course you would respond because your an iphone user... 

3 of 25 (2,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2010 11:12:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Yeah, caps locks is annoying to read.

Why would anybody leave ATT due to the new data plans?  If you already have an unlimited data plan, you don't lose it.  You can keep in indefinitely. 

Yeah, caps locks is annoying to read.

Why would anybody leave ATT due to the new data plans?  If you already have an unlimited data plan, you don't lose it.  You can keep in indefinitely. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 25 (2,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2010 3:24:25 PM
(0)
Guru

Their data speeds should increase, since all of the iPhone download hogs will think the speed

will be better on another carrier, a lot will migrate to another carrier, and then complain about

the data speed on the other carrier.

Their data speeds should increase, since all of the iPhone download hogs will think the speed

will be better on another carrier, a lot will migrate to another carrier, and then complain about

the data speed on the other carrier.

This is what will happen

5 of 25 (1,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 1:03:40 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by MikeyMike01 on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:04:00 AM

One of two things will happen when AT&T loses the iPhone:

1. Their phone selection improves out of necessity. 

2. They go out of business.

Either way I'd be thrilled.

[ Edited ]
6 of 25 (1,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 3:37:20 AM
(0)
Expert

We all get to read with amusment the whines and complants about poor service and junky carrier on the other forums, only instead of those posts referencing one of the carriers current phones it will have Iphone in the whine.

As far as your question - nothing worth talking about

We all get to read with amusment the whines and complants about poor service and junky carrier on the other forums, only instead of those posts referencing one of the carriers current phones it will have Iphone in the whine.

As far as your question - nothing worth talking about

7 of 25 (1,923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 3:38:56 AM
(0)
Expert

MikeyMike01 wrote:

1. doubt it, has to do with corporate contracts with the phones manufacturer

2. /rofl ATT go out of business, needed a good laugh for that one

either way suspect you are wrong about 1 and totally wrong about 2

MikeyMike01 wrote:

1. doubt it, has to do with corporate contracts with the phones manufacturer

2. /rofl ATT go out of business, needed a good laugh for that one

either way suspect you are wrong about 1 and totally wrong about 2

8 of 25 (1,922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 4:52:45 AM
(0)
Employee
Nothing will change.
Nothing will change.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 25 (1,916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 6:59:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

MikeyMike01 wrote:

ATT had plenty of business before the iPhone.  What makes you think it will be any different without?

Number 1 is very probable.  Number 2 is so improbably, its pretty funny you even typed it.

MikeyMike01 wrote:

ATT had plenty of business before the iPhone.  What makes you think it will be any different without?

Number 1 is very probable.  Number 2 is so improbably, its pretty funny you even typed it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 25 (1,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 8:01:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

redpoint73 wrote:

MikeyMike01 wrote:

Thought I should join in and share a laugh about this, too... :smileywink:

AT&T - Going out of business. With over 87 MILLION customers and counting. I don't think so anytime soon.

Either way, your post does not make any sense... If their phone selection improved - wait - wouldn't that make customers want to STAY instead of LEAVE? That's what I would do, and that's how I think of it.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

redpoint73 wrote:

MikeyMike01 wrote:

AT&T - Going out of business. With over 87 MILLION customers and counting. I don't think so anytime soon.

Either way, your post does not make any sense... If their phone selection improved - wait - wouldn't that make customers want to STAY instead of LEAVE? That's what I would do, and that's how I think of it.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

11 of 25 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 6:35:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hopefully we finally get some high powered android devices. As you can see one of the at&t employees made a comment on this forum and he has an htc evo.  And if the  i phone does go to verizon, verizon is going to be prepared for the traffic. Thats the big reason and push for lte. Verizon not a stupid company like at&t. And i really wish some one from at&t would read these fourms and see how frustrating it is for non iphone customers.

Hopefully we finally get some high powered android devices. As you can see one of the at&t employees made a comment on this forum and he has an htc evo.  And if the  i phone does go to verizon, verizon is going to be prepared for the traffic. Thats the big reason and push for lte. Verizon not a stupid company like at&t. And i really wish some one from at&t would read these fourms and see how frustrating it is for non iphone customers.

12 of 25 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 8:55:41 AM
(0)
Expert

dre2313 wrote:

Means nothing, back before I had my own business I worked for Chevrolet corporate I drove a Ford Shelby.

ATT does not read these forums officially and the employee's post on their own time. The manufacturer of the phone is the driving force and the contracts they have with other carriers, Apple did not start the use of exclusivtity on devices - was around a long time before Apple even had a germ of the idea of a cell phone.

It is your opinion that verizone wil be ready for the network increase, unless you have access to some statistics that prove their network will fair any better then ATT's will. The only thing that is certain is the verizon forums are going to be almost as amusing as the ATT forums when people claim that verizons offered phones have gotten worse becasue of the almighty iphone, and reading the exact same complaints about serivce that are already over they with the substitution of the iphone as the cause.

dre2313 wrote:

Means nothing, back before I had my own business I worked for Chevrolet corporate I drove a Ford Shelby.

ATT does not read these forums officially and the employee's post on their own time. The manufacturer of the phone is the driving force and the contracts they have with other carriers, Apple did not start the use of exclusivtity on devices - was around a long time before Apple even had a germ of the idea of a cell phone.

It is your opinion that verizone wil be ready for the network increase, unless you have access to some statistics that prove their network will fair any better then ATT's will. The only thing that is certain is the verizon forums are going to be almost as amusing as the ATT forums when people claim that verizons offered phones have gotten worse becasue of the almighty iphone, and reading the exact same complaints about serivce that are already over they with the substitution of the iphone as the cause.

13 of 25 (1,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2010 8:14:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

First off, Android is way more flexible than the iPhone.

Second, AT&T has the fastest network.

Third if the iPhone moves to another network (which won't happen for a long time) that network will then do what AT&T did, a similar 2GB data plan because they won't be able to handle the increased bandwidth.

The reason why AT&T has a fast network is because of the 2GB plan, people don't want to go over. If they still had the unlimited plan you would be mad that the network was slow because of the 100's of people playing HD videos (or any videos) or streaming music.

First off, Android is way more flexible than the iPhone.

Third if the iPhone moves to another network (which won't happen for a long time) that network will then do what AT&T did, a similar 2GB data plan because they won't be able to handle the increased bandwidth.

The reason why AT&T has a fast network is because of the 2GB plan, people don't want to go over. If they still had the unlimited plan you would be mad that the network was slow because of the 100's of people playing HD videos (or any videos) or streaming music.

14 of 25 (1,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2010 7:37:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ryannaddy wrote:

PC Magazine tested ATT to be overall fastest in tests this fall.  Its mostly due to infrastructure improvements.  But this was just an average for the markets they tested.  Which network is the fastest completely depends on your specific location, and ATT is not always the fastest.  Plus, ATT lags behind in secondary markets ( I think the PC Magazine test only included large cities).  And other carriers are already deploying 4G networks.  Verizon is rumored to deploy LTE in 2011, where I haven't heard anything about ATT even getting close to deploying 4G.

ryannaddy wrote:

PC Magazine tested ATT to be overall fastest in tests this fall.  Its mostly due to infrastructure improvements.  But this was just an average for the markets they tested.  Which network is the fastest completely depends on your specific location, and ATT is not always the fastest.  Plus, ATT lags behind in secondary markets ( I think the PC Magazine test only included large cities).  And other carriers are already deploying 4G networks.  Verizon is rumored to deploy LTE in 2011, where I haven't heard anything about ATT even getting close to deploying 4G.

15 of 25 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2010 7:30:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

MikeyMike01 wrote:

I also had a good laugh on #2.  AT&T actually now has 93 MILLION wireless customers and only 6.5 MILLION are iPhones

Wild Banchi wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

MikeyMike01 wrote:

I also had a good laugh on #2.  AT&T actually now has 93 MILLION wireless customers and only 6.5 MILLION are iPhones

16 of 25 (1,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2010 7:20:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

I fully recognize that ATT isn't going anywhere.

A guy can dream, can't he?

I fully recognize that ATT isn't going anywhere.

A guy can dream, can't he?

17 of 25 (1,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 11:34:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:38:38 AM

So much for the OPs pipedream that AT&T will go under after the iPhone launches on Verizon.  iPhone goes to Verizon . . . and AT&T reports their best Q1 ever:

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2011/04/20/atts-best-quarter-ever-saw-3-6-million-iphones-sold/

And iPhone actually lost ground among recent smartphone acquirers:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/226339/android_market_share_growth_accelerating_nielsen_finds.html

And interestingly, other smartphones on Verizon are apparently outselling the iPhone:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Google-Android-Apple-iPhone-5-Windows-Phone-7,review-1650-16.html

While it can be argued that some people are waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out, before making the switch, this is hardly the tectonic shift some people were expecting.

Go Android!

So much for the OPs pipedream that AT&T will go under after the iPhone launches on Verizon.  iPhone goes to Verizon . . . and AT&T reports their best Q1 ever:

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2011/04/20/atts-best-quarter-ever-saw-3-6-million-iphones-sold/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/226339/android_market_share_growth_accelerating_nielsen_finds.html

And interestingly, other smartphones on Verizon are apparently outselling the iPhone:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Google-Android-Apple-iPhone-5-Windows-Phone-7,review-1650-16.html

While it can be argued that some people are waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out, before making the switch, this is hardly the tectonic shift some people were expecting.

Go Android!

[ Edited ]
18 of 25 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 12:17:20 PM
(0)
Professor

redpoint73 wrote:

Go Android!

AT&T will suffer, AT&T's network will improve, AT&T will get a stronger line of phones, AT&T will become Android friendly, Verizon will leave AT&T in it's dust, Verizon's network will get crushed by iPhone........seems like it is one of those rare occasions where JFizDaWiz was right. LOL.

redpoint73 wrote:

Go Android!

AT&T will suffer, AT&T's network will improve, AT&T will get a stronger line of phones, AT&T will become Android friendly, Verizon will leave AT&T in it's dust, Verizon's network will get crushed by iPhone........seems like it is one of those rare occasions where JFizDaWiz was right. LOL.

19 of 25 (339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 5:54:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

sitnsidewayz wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

Go Android!

That's interesting that AT&T has reported their best gain for the first quarter sales for this year - over half of which were iPhone sales. I'm sure they're keeping Apple happy.

The Verizon iPhone is not as popular as some may think - that's probably mainly due to their large selection of Android-based smartphones available. They sure do have a large selection. The iPhone is weak over there. :smileywink:

sitnsidewayz: :smileyvery-happy:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

Go Android!

That's interesting that AT&T has reported their best gain for the first quarter sales for this year - over half of which were iPhone sales. I'm sure they're keeping Apple happy.

The Verizon iPhone is not as popular as some may think - that's probably mainly due to their large selection of Android-based smartphones available. They sure do have a large selection. The iPhone is weak over there. :smileywink:

sitnsidewayz: :smileyvery-happy:

20 of 25 (328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 6:18:30 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

And getting bigger all the time.  There will be THREE new android phones to pick from in addition to the current selection starting tomorrow including a ruggedized android phone. :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:

Wild Banchi wrote:

And getting bigger all the time.  There will be THREE new android phones to pick from in addition to the current selection starting tomorrow including a ruggedized android phone. :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

21 of 25 (264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 7:17:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Oh really? What's the name(s)? I wonder if AT&T will get any new Androids aboard anytime soon. Probably not, but you never know. It would be neat to see a couple more roll out. Maybe the mythical Samsung Infuse "4G" will be here soon?

Oh really? What's the name(s)? I wonder if AT&T will get any new Androids aboard anytime soon. Probably not, but you never know. It would be neat to see a couple more roll out. Maybe the mythical Samsung Infuse "4G" will be here soon?

22 of 25 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 7:24:15 PM
(0)
Professor

23 of 25 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 7:52:31 PM
(0)
Professor
AT&T could be pushing out as many androids, but, they like to find ways to lock a phone before rolling it out, and that take some time. By then other carriers have four or more releases to our one. :smileyvery-happy:
AT&T could be pushing out as many androids, but, they like to find ways to lock a phone before rolling it out, and that take some time. By then other carriers have four or more releases to our one. :smileyvery-happy:
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

24 of 25 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 8:52:41 PM
(0)
Professor
Between the announced "coming soon" phones and the rumored phones, I count at least five more android phones that are slated for Verizon in the future.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:
Between the announced "coming soon" phones and the rumored phones, I count at least five more android phones that are slated for Verizon in the future.

25 of 25 (246 Views)