Helpful Links

WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

Teacher

WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

I really don't understand why At&t did this; going from Unlimited to now 2GB is really messing with some peoples bills. Since I've had the iPhone I have already used up all of my 2GB of data and now I am paying the overage fee's. I hardly do anymore web browsing than the average person and I check my email a few times a day and use a few apps and its DRAINING my usage so much. I loved having unlimited because it just let you be free to use your data whenever and how much you wanted. Now I'm almost afraid to use my data plan because I don't want to over use it, its actually starting to create a burden on me because it was just so much more simple to have the unlimited data. Every other network has it and At&t is the only to do without it.. WHY? I just don't get it, I mean I am willing to pay $5 even $10 dollars more a month to have unlimited. This makes no sense to me. GIVE BACK THE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

Message 1 of 222
Guru

Re: I now understand why some aren't happy about the data cap.

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Well, now that it is posted, what was your data usage looking like after using the Pandora for a couple of days? How much of an increase from the normal?

Funny you ask. I actually went over 200mb once in the past year, so I've not used much data. This past month with using Pandora, I used almost 3.5G.

Message 132 of 222
Professor

jjforau wrote:

It wasn't much of an issue with me, but I've started listening to Pandora Radio while I'm at work. Luckily, I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan, but for those who aren't, the radio applications are really useless considering it would be so easy to go over a data plan of 2G. I was very close to changing my plan, but I'm glad I didn't. AT&T really needs to do a better job with their data plans. It doesn't make sense to charge someone $15.00 for 1/10 of the amount of useage you charge for $25.00. I know they aren't going to listen to me, but here's my idea. $15.00 for 1G, $25.00 for 2G and $35.00 for 3G.

I agree that the new data plans make it hard for someone to enjoy radio (Pandora or XM Radio) or their iPhones.  Just when I get the capability, my hands get tied or I will have to pay serious money to enjoy XM (which I already pay for anyway).

Message 133 of 222
Guru

i think its funny that the new data took effect a few weeks before ios4
seems "convienent" right? Smiley Wink
and do imagine Facetime if it will be allowed over 3g next year

Message 134 of 222
Scholar

ATT network couldn't handle Facetime on 3G.  Unless of course all those that are jumping ship to Verizon actually do.

Message 135 of 222
Guru

Got about another 3gb to go t catch up with me. During the Baseball season with MLB At Bat I average 6.5-7gb of data usage. rest of the year its around 500mb. During March madneess was my highest month at almost 10gb.

Message 136 of 222
Professor

You could just as easily listen to any of the streaming audio apps over Wifi and it would never affect your data plan.

Of course, that assumes you are listening to those apps when in range of Wifi.

Message 137 of 222
Scholar

just checking, i can use wifi and it wont take away from my data usage? correct? because i use a ton and this 2GB crap sucks

Message 138 of 222
Scholar

I think the data cap is crap!!  You have all these apps on smart phones that make them like mini travel size pc's that require data usage like Pandora, Sling Media, etc and now AT&T want to limit you???  I think AT&T needs to realize that they are more than just a cell phone company but a data communications company with these smart phones.

Why would anyone want to buy a smart phone on AT&T only to be limited by what you can do with your phone because their capping your data usage and if you go over they charge you penalty fees??  The reality is AT&T is greedy first and foremost, always has been, and second they know their network can't handle the data load of everyone owning a iPhone and iPad, plus all the other brand smart phones on their network yet their more than happy to keep selling them left and right.

Message 139 of 222
Guru

BuffettFan wrote:

ATT network couldn't handle Facetime on 3G.  Unless of course all those that are jumping ship to Verizon actually do.

it probably could

were i live !!

Message 140 of 222
Guru

satchev wrote:

You could just as easily listen to any of the streaming audio apps over Wifi and it would never affect your data plan.

that would be nice if my company had wifi.

Message 141 of 222
Highlighted
Professor

satchev wrote:

Right.  I only want to use my phone for XM Radio when I am out of Wifi range (a majority of my awake hours).  At home, I will just listen on my PC.

Message 142 of 222
Scholar

I use wifi most of the time and I still go over the 200Mb limit for the $15 plan. I'm on the $30 unlimited plan so it's a non-issue for me. How does anyone on the $15 plan, not go over?
Message 143 of 222
Scholar

ODCaloney wrote:
I use wifi most of the time and I still go over the 200Mb limit for the $15 plan. I'm on the $30 unlimited plan so it's a non-issue for me. How does anyone on the $15 plan, not go over?

LOL, if your using less than 200MB a month, why even have a smart phone to begin with??  You're obviously not using it for all it's capable of or if you do you barely use it's features.  But still, why even have one?

Message 144 of 222
Scholar

I'm on wifi most of the time - first sentence of the reply.
Message 145 of 222

xPhantomx wrote:

ODCaloney wrote:

LOL, if your using less than 200MB a month, why even have a smart phone to begin with??  You're obviously not using it for all it's capable of or if you do you barely use it's features.  But still, why even have one?

I have mine as a convenience when I am not able to be on a PC.  If I have my choice of going to a web page on my iPhone or my 23" flat screen monitor, obviously I choose 23" monitor.  Even then, I'm on wifi at home ....and if you work during the day, you're not on it that much are you?

People choose their toys for their own reasons.  If I would only use 10M per month, that would be because I choose to pay for the ability to use it when i want to.  It is everyone's right to use their toys as they desire, not what others think their use should be.  Not everyone lives and dies by their smartphone, but knows it is a good tool and fun toy to have.....IMHO

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.
Message 146 of 222
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support