Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 7, 2010
1:41:29 PM
WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

I really don't understand why At&t did this; going from Unlimited to now 2GB is really messing with some peoples bills. Since I've had the iPhone I have already used up all of my 2GB of data and now I am paying the overage fee's. I hardly do anymore web browsing than the average person and I check my email a few times a day and use a few apps and its DRAINING my usage so much. I loved having unlimited because it just let you be free to use your data whenever and how much you wanted. Now I'm almost afraid to use my data plan because I don't want to over use it, its actually starting to create a burden on me because it was just so much more simple to have the unlimited data. Every other network has it and At&t is the only to do without it.. WHY? I just don't get it, I mean I am willing to pay $5 even $10 dollars more a month to have unlimited. This makes no sense to me. GIVE BACK THE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

I really don't understand why At&t did this; going from Unlimited to now 2GB is really messing with some peoples bills. Since I've had the iPhone I have already used up all of my 2GB of data and now I am paying the overage fee's. I hardly do anymore web browsing than the average person and I check my email a few times a day and use a few apps and its DRAINING my usage so much. I loved having unlimited because it just let you be free to use your data whenever and how much you wanted. Now I'm almost afraid to use my data plan because I don't want to over use it, its actually starting to create a burden on me because it was just so much more simple to have the unlimited data. Every other network has it and At&t is the only to do without it.. WHY? I just don't get it, I mean I am willing to pay $5 even $10 dollars more a month to have unlimited. This makes no sense to me. GIVE BACK THE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

221 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(221)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 3:54:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

MC_Hammer wrote:

What is the big friggin deal? You have to pay for what you use, just like *gasp* your monthly minutes! In theory you can run up tens of thousands of minutes in a month, but I don't see anybody complaining about tiered talk plans, why is data any different? I was grandfathered under the old plan but downgraded to the 2gb plan as I have never been over 750mb in a month. Sure it's only $5 a month, but that's essentially two free months over a year's time, and my wife will save over $150!

Verizon is getting ready to do the same thing, so get used to it.

It's the simple fact that a company did offer it and then decided to remove it.  You should never remove something that people want.  Just use it as another option and charge for it.  I just went over my 2GB as of today and I'm being charged another $10 and I have 5 days left before my new month begins.  That's not right.

They offer unlimited TXT and I pay the $20.00/month for that so it's not a money issue.  I will pay the $30, $40, or $50 a month for unlimited data, just don't remove something that the customer wants.

MC_Hammer wrote:

What is the big friggin deal? You have to pay for what you use, just like *gasp* your monthly minutes! In theory you can run up tens of thousands of minutes in a month, but I don't see anybody complaining about tiered talk plans, why is data any different? I was grandfathered under the old plan but downgraded to the 2gb plan as I have never been over 750mb in a month. Sure it's only $5 a month, but that's essentially two free months over a year's time, and my wife will save over $150!

It's the simple fact that a company did offer it and then decided to remove it.  You should never remove something that people want.  Just use it as another option and charge for it.  I just went over my 2GB as of today and I'm being charged another $10 and I have 5 days left before my new month begins.  That's not right.

They offer unlimited TXT and I pay the $20.00/month for that so it's not a money issue.  I will pay the $30, $40, or $50 a month for unlimited data, just don't remove something that the customer wants.

Sent from my iPhone 4, powered by iOS 4.3.1.

Re: WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

121 of 222 (1,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:04:09 AM
(0)
Expert

datoad wrote:

MC_Hammer wrote:

things change, companies add and remove services all the times, prices go up and rarely go down. I want Plymoth to bring back the ARA Barracuda with a 440 HemiHead and 6 Pack carburators - have about as much chance of that as getting a low cost unlimited data plan back. If they bring it back given the availablity of tower bandwidth would suspect the profit generation point would be arount 75.00

Why is it not right? You are the one that are choosing to use your data plan in such a method that it takes you over the cap, try adjusting your habits. Your data usage is controlled by you and only you.

As far as what the customer wants - for years the screaming of wanting a lower cost data package rampaged through the forums - ATT gives it and now the screams of unfair is rampaging through the forums - just proves the simple statement - be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

datoad wrote:

MC_Hammer wrote:

things change, companies add and remove services all the times, prices go up and rarely go down. I want Plymoth to bring back the ARA Barracuda with a 440 HemiHead and 6 Pack carburators - have about as much chance of that as getting a low cost unlimited data plan back. If they bring it back given the availablity of tower bandwidth would suspect the profit generation point would be arount 75.00

Why is it not right? You are the one that are choosing to use your data plan in such a method that it takes you over the cap, try adjusting your habits. Your data usage is controlled by you and only you.

As far as what the customer wants - for years the screaming of wanting a lower cost data package rampaged through the forums - ATT gives it and now the screams of unfair is rampaging through the forums - just proves the simple statement - be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

122 of 222 (1,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:13:19 AM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

You mean the tons of data usage that happens at night?  The Phantom data, and the large amounts of data you can not control?  I turn off my push notifications, location services, and rarely use the data when I'm in the field.  I'm usually at work (wifi) or at home (wifi), so with the "little" amount of data I use I don't see how I can go over.  I think ATT is doing a number on my data usage as I can't even see how they are charging me.  There is no account detail as to who, what, when, where the data is being used.  Just a time and number.  Just the other day a good friend asked me for the number to check on her data usage.  So ATT is making more money from this little stunt to lower the cost of their data plans.  

I would never scream at the cost of an unlimited plan.  I never had a iPhone before the 23rd of July.  Most are stupid to scream to lower the cost of the plan as this was what would have happened and did.

wingrider01 wrote:

You mean the tons of data usage that happens at night?  The Phantom data, and the large amounts of data you can not control?  I turn off my push notifications, location services, and rarely use the data when I'm in the field.  I'm usually at work (wifi) or at home (wifi), so with the "little" amount of data I use I don't see how I can go over.  I think ATT is doing a number on my data usage as I can't even see how they are charging me.  There is no account detail as to who, what, when, where the data is being used.  Just a time and number.  Just the other day a good friend asked me for the number to check on her data usage.  So ATT is making more money from this little stunt to lower the cost of their data plans.  

I would never scream at the cost of an unlimited plan.  I never had a iPhone before the 23rd of July.  Most are stupid to scream to lower the cost of the plan as this was what would have happened and did.

Sent from my iPhone 4, powered by iOS 4.3.1.

123 of 222 (1,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:00:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

Tony C. wrote:

Yes, AT&T is forcing you to go to this new data plan if you would like to upgrade to a smart phone. I have been with them for 13 years all of them with a dumb phone with the unlimited data plan. Now after all this time with them I'm upgrading to an iPhone 4, that is on BO. Now for the reason I say Forced! I could not upgrade until 7/14, after they changed the plans. I ask when I ordered my phone if I was going to get lucky and get to keep my unlimited data plan, I was told NO! So for anyone to say we are not being Forced to go to it, not true! Before anyone can say, then why don't you just go to some other company. They all suck, it's just a matter of going with the one that doesn't suck the most!

Have a good day 

No one forced you, your decision to upgrade, you probably had the choice to upgrade at a higher price prior to the conversion, if the data plan was that important to you you could have chosen that option. You other choice is to move to verizon or sprint with their smart phones, for verizon better move fast it looks like they are close to implementing the same plans, with sprint if you want the EVO then expect to pay a 10.00 a month forces charge for the luxury of having this phone.

If you did not have a smart phone data plan prior to the upgrade, which seems to be true since you said you had a dumb phone, it just plan does not qualify to be grandfathered in, corporate policy.

Enjoy where every you, will be intersting to see how long it takes you to post the same style of complaints on those boards

I didn't want to respond because at this point we are beating a dead horse.  However, I was one that had a smartphone, but the unlimited data plan at $20.  Why would I upgrade to the $30 data plan in the past when my phone and plan suited me just fine?  When they said that anyone with a smartphone data plan would be grandfathered, then told me that it didn't apply to me, I felt misled by AT&T.  My usage was extremely low in the past, because I didn't use data on my phone as much as I wanted to because the phone was so slow.  I thought that all phones at that time had the same speed as mine.  Now that I try for a "better" phone, I won't have the unlimited data.  We do feel that the change was "forced".

wingrider01 wrote:

Tony C. wrote:

Yes, AT&T is forcing you to go to this new data plan if you would like to upgrade to a smart phone. I have been with them for 13 years all of them with a dumb phone with the unlimited data plan. Now after all this time with them I'm upgrading to an iPhone 4, that is on BO. Now for the reason I say Forced! I could not upgrade until 7/14, after they changed the plans. I ask when I ordered my phone if I was going to get lucky and get to keep my unlimited data plan, I was told NO! So for anyone to say we are not being Forced to go to it, not true! Before anyone can say, then why don't you just go to some other company. They all suck, it's just a matter of going with the one that doesn't suck the most!

Have a good day 

No one forced you, your decision to upgrade, you probably had the choice to upgrade at a higher price prior to the conversion, if the data plan was that important to you you could have chosen that option. You other choice is to move to verizon or sprint with their smart phones, for verizon better move fast it looks like they are close to implementing the same plans, with sprint if you want the EVO then expect to pay a 10.00 a month forces charge for the luxury of having this phone.

If you did not have a smart phone data plan prior to the upgrade, which seems to be true since you said you had a dumb phone, it just plan does not qualify to be grandfathered in, corporate policy.

Enjoy where every you, will be intersting to see how long it takes you to post the same style of complaints on those boards

I didn't want to respond because at this point we are beating a dead horse.  However, I was one that had a smartphone, but the unlimited data plan at $20.  Why would I upgrade to the $30 data plan in the past when my phone and plan suited me just fine?  When they said that anyone with a smartphone data plan would be grandfathered, then told me that it didn't apply to me, I felt misled by AT&T.  My usage was extremely low in the past, because I didn't use data on my phone as much as I wanted to because the phone was so slow.  I thought that all phones at that time had the same speed as mine.  Now that I try for a "better" phone, I won't have the unlimited data.  We do feel that the change was "forced".

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

124 of 222 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 6:22:12 AM
(0)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Tony C. wrote:

Have a good day 

what 20 smartphone data plan? Do not believe there was ever a 20 dollar smartphone data plan, there was the Iphone Unlimited @ 30.00 and the Windows Mobile/BlackBerry at I think it was 30.00 also, the enterprise plans where 15.00 additional.

If you have an original Iphone data plan that was grandfathered in but you had to switch to the 30.00 cost and add a texting plan to it.

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Tony C. wrote:

Have a good day 

what 20 smartphone data plan? Do not believe there was ever a 20 dollar smartphone data plan, there was the Iphone Unlimited @ 30.00 and the Windows Mobile/BlackBerry at I think it was 30.00 also, the enterprise plans where 15.00 additional.

If you have an original Iphone data plan that was grandfathered in but you had to switch to the 30.00 cost and add a texting plan to it.

125 of 222 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 9:00:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:03:37 AM

I had a Nokia E61 with unlimited data for $20.  My plan was started in 2007.  It was shown and discussed as being a smartphone data plan.  The $30 unlimited data plan was shown as an iPhone and some other phones data plan, after I got the Nokia.  The iPhone had not come out at the time I got my phone.  I have never had a text message plan.

I had a Nokia E61 with unlimited data for $20.  My plan was started in 2007.  It was shown and discussed as being a smartphone data plan.  The $30 unlimited data plan was shown as an iPhone and some other phones data plan, after I got the Nokia.  The iPhone had not come out at the time I got my phone.  I have never had a text message plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
126 of 222 (1,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 11:00:51 AM
(0)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

sorry never seen a 20 smartphone plan, not doubting you but have only seen 20.00 dumbphone plans

21stNow wrote:

sorry never seen a 20 smartphone plan, not doubting you but have only seen 20.00 dumbphone plans

127 of 222 (1,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 6:20:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

datoad wrote:

MC_Hammer wrote:

You have unlimited data.  You're free to use absolutely as much of it as you like.  It's just the price has now been adjusted to meet market realities in that there's a lot of people all wanting to use this finite resource.

I'm sure that it would be nice to have unlimited electricity too.  And once upon a time, it was unlimited.  Right up to the point that they started installing meters on the sides of buildings, people could use as much as they wanted.  Not so much any longer, because the reality is that too is a finite resource.  Now days, you can still use as much as you like, it's just not flat rate all you can eat.

Times change. 

datoad wrote:

MC_Hammer wrote:

You have unlimited data.  You're free to use absolutely as much of it as you like.  It's just the price has now been adjusted to meet market realities in that there's a lot of people all wanting to use this finite resource.

I'm sure that it would be nice to have unlimited electricity too.  And once upon a time, it was unlimited.  Right up to the point that they started installing meters on the sides of buildings, people could use as much as they wanted.  Not so much any longer, because the reality is that too is a finite resource.  Now days, you can still use as much as you like, it's just not flat rate all you can eat.

Times change. 

148 of 222 (1,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 9:16:59 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by Bstag on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:22:18 PM

10nisman94 wrote:

spawn026 wrote:

still don't know why your complaining. verizon is going tiered and sprint won't be far behind when 4g rolls out. They already have an additional fee for 4g. Your complaining about unlimited data but the fact is there was never unlimited data. Hit the 5g mark and your account is flagged as it is with other carriers. Cable companies do the same thing. Unlimited is limited with benefits. If your tying up 5gigs a month on 3g with no router use then its because of people like you why the data system changed. You abuse what you have then complain when your caught.

about the 5gb rule...not true for ATT. I once used 10gb and no contact was made. I know verizon FiOS has no data limit whatsoever. People regularily run close to 600 GB with no further contact. I have heard that comcast has a 250gb cap.

I can confirm this... I average about 17 GB's a month and have NEVER received a letter or have been charged a penny more for my data plan, all with my iPhone + tethering 

10nisman94 wrote:

spawn026 wrote:

still don't know why your complaining. verizon is going tiered and sprint won't be far behind when 4g rolls out. They already have an additional fee for 4g. Your complaining about unlimited data but the fact is there was never unlimited data. Hit the 5g mark and your account is flagged as it is with other carriers. Cable companies do the same thing. Unlimited is limited with benefits. If your tying up 5gigs a month on 3g with no router use then its because of people like you why the data system changed. You abuse what you have then complain when your caught.

about the 5gb rule...not true for ATT. I once used 10gb and no contact was made. I know verizon FiOS has no data limit whatsoever. People regularily run close to 600 GB with no further contact. I have heard that comcast has a 250gb cap.

I can confirm this... I average about 17 GB's a month and have NEVER received a letter or have been charged a penny more for my data plan, all with my iPhone + tethering 

[ Edited ]
152 of 222 (1,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 9:22:36 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Bloodkip on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:27:57 PM

I use to use 30-50gb a month and never got in trouble.  I was able to tether because of jailbreaking and the iPhone was my internet/phone/TV(youtube,hulu) bill all in oneSmiley Happy.  For $90(family plan/unlimited data) a month I'm getting a good deal.

/sarcasm

I use to use 30-50gb a month and never got in trouble.  I was able to tether because of jailbreaking and the iPhone was my internet/phone/TV(youtube,hulu) bill all in oneSmiley Happy.  For $90(family plan/unlimited data) a month I'm getting a good deal.

/sarcasm

[ Edited ]
153 of 222 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 10:40:31 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by YvilKittyInSpace on Jul 26, 2010 at 10:42:10 PM

I'm at 11GB for this month with a week to go. This one downloads allot of podcasts and iTunes TV shows. Jailbroken 32GB 3GS.

On my second line, I'm at 2GB already 5 days into the new month. I use that one to stream music using my XM radio app. This is on my iPhone 4.

My third iPhone, I am at barely 1GB on the last day of the month. This is on a 8GB 3GS. I've never heard from AT&T in the three years I've been with them about using too much data.

I have three lines not because I need three phone numbers. I have them just to use data on all of them, only one is used as my phone most of the time though I do make calls on all of them occasionally.

I'm at 11GB for this month with a week to go. This one downloads allot of podcasts and iTunes TV shows. Jailbroken 32GB 3GS.

On my second line, I'm at 2GB already 5 days into the new month. I use that one to stream music using my XM radio app. This is on my iPhone 4.

My third iPhone, I am at barely 1GB on the last day of the month. This is on a 8GB 3GS. I've never heard from AT&T in the three years I've been with them about using too much data.

I have three lines not because I need three phone numbers. I have them just to use data on all of them, only one is used as my phone most of the time though I do make calls on all of them occasionally.

[ Edited ]
154 of 222 (837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:03:25 PM
(0)
Guru

It wasn't much of an issue with me, but I've started listening to Pandora Radio while I'm at work. Luckily, I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan, but for those who aren't, the radio applications are really useless considering it would be so easy to go over a data plan of 2G. I was very close to changing my plan, but I'm glad I didn't. AT&T really needs to do a better job with their data plans. It doesn't make sense to charge someone $15.00 for 1/10 of the amount of useage you charge for $25.00. I know they aren't going to listen to me, but here's my idea. $15.00 for 1G, $25.00 for 2G and $35.00 for 3G.

It wasn't much of an issue with me, but I've started listening to Pandora Radio while I'm at work. Luckily, I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan, but for those who aren't, the radio applications are really useless considering it would be so easy to go over a data plan of 2G. I was very close to changing my plan, but I'm glad I didn't. AT&T really needs to do a better job with their data plans. It doesn't make sense to charge someone $15.00 for 1/10 of the amount of useage you charge for $25.00. I know they aren't going to listen to me, but here's my idea. $15.00 for 1G, $25.00 for 2G and $35.00 for 3G.

I now understand why some aren't happy about the data cap.

128 of 222 (1,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:08:37 PM
(0)
Master
This could have been posted in one of several other threads on this same topic…

Re: I now understand why some aren't happy about the data cap.

129 of 222 (1,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:16:47 PM
(0)
Professor

Well, now that it is posted, what was your data usage looking like after using the Pandora for a couple of days? How much of an increase from the normal?

Well, now that it is posted, what was your data usage looking like after using the Pandora for a couple of days? How much of an increase from the normal?

130 of 222 (1,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:23:07 PM
(0)
Guru

Irish Rose wrote:

Sorry, but I only read the apple forum on here. I don't care about the other forums.

Irish Rose wrote:

Sorry, but I only read the apple forum on here. I don't care about the other forums.

131 of 222 (1,382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:24:42 PM
(0)
Guru

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Funny you ask. I actually went over 200mb once in the past year, so I've not used much data. This past month with using Pandora, I used almost 3.5G.

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Funny you ask. I actually went over 200mb once in the past year, so I've not used much data. This past month with using Pandora, I used almost 3.5G.

132 of 222 (1,375 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:25:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jjforau wrote:

I agree that the new data plans make it hard for someone to enjoy radio (Pandora or XM Radio) or their iPhones.  Just when I get the capability, my hands get tied or I will have to pay serious money to enjoy XM (which I already pay for anyway).

jjforau wrote:

I agree that the new data plans make it hard for someone to enjoy radio (Pandora or XM Radio) or their iPhones.  Just when I get the capability, my hands get tied or I will have to pay serious money to enjoy XM (which I already pay for anyway).

133 of 222 (1,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:28:20 PM
(0)
Guru

i think its funny that the new data took effect a few weeks before ios4
seems "convienent" right? Smiley Wink
and do imagine Facetime if it will be allowed over 3g next year

i think its funny that the new data took effect a few weeks before ios4
seems "convienent" right? Smiley Wink
and do imagine Facetime if it will be allowed over 3g next year

134 of 222 (1,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:32:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

ATT network couldn't handle Facetime on 3G.  Unless of course all those that are jumping ship to Verizon actually do.

ATT network couldn't handle Facetime on 3G.  Unless of course all those that are jumping ship to Verizon actually do.

135 of 222 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:33:05 PM
(0)
Guru

Got about another 3gb to go t catch up with me. During the Baseball season with MLB At Bat I average 6.5-7gb of data usage. rest of the year its around 500mb. During March madneess was my highest month at almost 10gb.

Got about another 3gb to go t catch up with me. During the Baseball season with MLB At Bat I average 6.5-7gb of data usage. rest of the year its around 500mb. During March madneess was my highest month at almost 10gb.

136 of 222 (1,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:34:47 PM
(0)
Professor

You could just as easily listen to any of the streaming audio apps over Wifi and it would never affect your data plan.

Of course, that assumes you are listening to those apps when in range of Wifi.

You could just as easily listen to any of the streaming audio apps over Wifi and it would never affect your data plan.

137 of 222 (1,262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:40:02 PM
(0)
Scholar

just checking, i can use wifi and it wont take away from my data usage? correct? because i use a ton and this 2GB crap sucks

just checking, i can use wifi and it wont take away from my data usage? correct? because i use a ton and this 2GB crap sucks

138 of 222 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:41:42 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by xPhantomx on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:44:13 PM

I think the data cap is crap!!  You have all these apps on smart phones that make them like mini travel size pc's that require data usage like Pandora, Sling Media, etc and now AT&T want to limit you???  I think AT&T needs to realize that they are more than just a cell phone company but a data communications company with these smart phones.

Why would anyone want to buy a smart phone on AT&T only to be limited by what you can do with your phone because their capping your data usage and if you go over they charge you penalty fees??  The reality is AT&T is greedy first and foremost, always has been, and second they know their network can't handle the data load of everyone owning a iPhone and iPad, plus all the other brand smart phones on their network yet their more than happy to keep selling them left and right.

I think the data cap is crap!!  You have all these apps on smart phones that make them like mini travel size pc's that require data usage like Pandora, Sling Media, etc and now AT&T want to limit you???  I think AT&T needs to realize that they are more than just a cell phone company but a data communications company with these smart phones.

Why would anyone want to buy a smart phone on AT&T only to be limited by what you can do with your phone because their capping your data usage and if you go over they charge you penalty fees??  The reality is AT&T is greedy first and foremost, always has been, and second they know their network can't handle the data load of everyone owning a iPhone and iPad, plus all the other brand smart phones on their network yet their more than happy to keep selling them left and right.

[ Edited ]
139 of 222 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:43:14 PM
(0)
Guru

BuffettFan wrote:

it probably could

were i live !!

BuffettFan wrote:

it probably could

were i live !!

140 of 222 (983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:49:58 PM
(0)
Guru

satchev wrote:

that would be nice if my company had wifi.

satchev wrote:

that would be nice if my company had wifi.

141 of 222 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 1:54:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

satchev wrote:

Right.  I only want to use my phone for XM Radio when I am out of Wifi range (a majority of my awake hours).  At home, I will just listen on my PC.

satchev wrote:

Right.  I only want to use my phone for XM Radio when I am out of Wifi range (a majority of my awake hours).  At home, I will just listen on my PC.

142 of 222 (955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 3:41:36 PM
(0)
Scholar
I use wifi most of the time and I still go over the 200Mb limit for the $15 plan. I'm on the $30 unlimited plan so it's a non-issue for me. How does anyone on the $15 plan, not go over?
I use wifi most of the time and I still go over the 200Mb limit for the $15 plan. I'm on the $30 unlimited plan so it's a non-issue for me. How does anyone on the $15 plan, not go over?

143 of 222 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:07:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

ODCaloney wrote:

LOL, if your using less than 200MB a month, why even have a smart phone to begin with??  You're obviously not using it for all it's capable of or if you do you barely use it's features.  But still, why even have one?

ODCaloney wrote:

LOL, if your using less than 200MB a month, why even have a smart phone to begin with??  You're obviously not using it for all it's capable of or if you do you barely use it's features.  But still, why even have one?

144 of 222 (903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:18:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
I'm on wifi most of the time - first sentence of the reply.
I'm on wifi most of the time - first sentence of the reply.

145 of 222 (894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:24:05 PM
(0)
Guru

xPhantomx wrote:

ODCaloney wrote:

I have mine as a convenience when I am not able to be on a PC.  If I have my choice of going to a web page on my iPhone or my 23" flat screen monitor, obviously I choose 23" monitor.  Even then, I'm on wifi at home ....and if you work during the day, you're not on it that much are you?

People choose their toys for their own reasons.  If I would only use 10M per month, that would be because I choose to pay for the ability to use it when i want to.  It is everyone's right to use their toys as they desire, not what others think their use should be.  Not everyone lives and dies by their smartphone, but knows it is a good tool and fun toy to have.....IMHO

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

xPhantomx wrote:

ODCaloney wrote:

I have mine as a convenience when I am not able to be on a PC.  If I have my choice of going to a web page on my iPhone or my 23" flat screen monitor, obviously I choose 23" monitor.  Even then, I'm on wifi at home ....and if you work during the day, you're not on it that much are you?

People choose their toys for their own reasons.  If I would only use 10M per month, that would be because I choose to pay for the ability to use it when i want to.  It is everyone's right to use their toys as they desire, not what others think their use should be.  Not everyone lives and dies by their smartphone, but knows it is a good tool and fun toy to have.....IMHO

Sent from my iPhone 4

146 of 222 (874 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments