WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

Teacher

WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

I really don't understand why At&t did this; going from Unlimited to now 2GB is really messing with some peoples bills. Since I've had the iPhone I have already used up all of my 2GB of data and now I am paying the overage fee's. I hardly do anymore web browsing than the average person and I check my email a few times a day and use a few apps and its DRAINING my usage so much. I loved having unlimited because it just let you be free to use your data whenever and how much you wanted. Now I'm almost afraid to use my data plan because I don't want to over use it, its actually starting to create a burden on me because it was just so much more simple to have the unlimited data. Every other network has it and At&t is the only to do without it.. WHY? I just don't get it, I mean I am willing to pay $5 even $10 dollars more a month to have unlimited. This makes no sense to me. GIVE BACK THE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

Message 1 of 222
Highlighted
Master

Re: WE WANT UNLIMITED DATA!

KChristopher wrote:

I really don't understand why At&t did this;

It's easy to explain.  Bandwith is a limited resource and there are a few users who use extaordinary amounts  of data on AT&T's network which causes problems for many other users.  AT&T would appear to want to discourange or at least charge more for users who use more than 2GB per month.  In effect they may not really find you to be a desireable customer unless you are willing to pay the new fees or cut back on your data use.  What AT&T has started will spread.  Other carriers are looking at this very closely.

Message 16 of 222
Scholar

It's not the customer's fault. If AT&T didn't want people to have "Unlimited" Data then they shouldn't have created an Unlimited Data Plan for the iPhone users.

Message 17 of 222

LiarInGlass wrote:

It's not the customer's fault. If AT&T didn't want people to have "Unlimited" Data then they shouldn't have created an Unlimited Data Plan for the iPhone users.

Not quite sure where "fault" comes in to it.  AT&T has decided to phase out their unlimited data plans, and is doing it by no longer offering them to new customers.

Message 18 of 222
Expert

trparky wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

trparky wrote:

If not unlimited, make it 5GB like the aircards get.  I'll gladly pay $30 a month for 5GB instead of $25 for a measily 2GB.

If you ask me, this is simply AT&T shooting themselves (again, again, again, and again) in the foot.  With Sprint and their EVO with unlimited data and Verizon with the Droid Incredible (again with unlimited data) it seems that AT&T want to alienate their customer base.

where are you seeing 30.00?

Verizon is 39.99 gor 250MB + 0.10 per MB for overage or 59.99 for 5GB + 0.05 for per MB for overage

ATT is 35.00 for 200MB + 0.10 per MB over or 60.00 for 5GB + 0.05 per MB for overage

Is that for aircards or what?

I pay $39.99 for the 450 minute plan, $30 for iPhone Unlimited Data Plan, and $15 for 1500 text messages.  In total $97.03 a month.  Oh poo, this month's payment includes the one-time $18 upgrade fee so monthly is about $79.

that is for aircards, which is what you referenced (see the highighted text in your message)

Message 19 of 222
Expert

LiarInGlass wrote:

/rofl love the circular logic there, not that it makes any sense, but good try

kind of like saying it is not my fault that I was speeding, the manufacturer of my Bugatti Veyron should not have put a 1001 horsepower engine in it so it can be the faast production card in the world

Message 20 of 222
Mentor

Who ever gave the Verizon pricing is wrong,  I pay 29.99 for unlimited.

Message 21 of 222
Expert

kinsey38 wrote:

Who ever gave the Verizon pricing is wrong,  I pay 29.99 for unlimited.

Then their website is in error

1. either you have a data plan that is no longer available

2. you are on a business plan

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=plans&lid=//global//plans//mobile+broadband

don;t see the plan listed there anyore, got a current link?

Mobile Broadband Plan—5 GB Monthly AllowanceBest for heavy users that:
  • Need a frequent mobile connection
  • Send or receive email with large attachments
  • Download or upload large files such as photos
  • Need frequent access to Web sites
  • Download music occasionally
See Details
5 GB (5,120 MB)
of data usage for
Internet access*
Verizon Wi-Fi
hotspot access
included
$59.99monthly accessBuy Now
Mobile Broadband Plan—250 MB Monthly AllowanceBest for light users that:
  • Send or receive email with small or no attachments
  • Light Web Browsing
  • Download or upload small files
  • Download a song or two once in a while
See Details
250 MB
of data usage for
Internet access*
Verizon Wi-Fi
hotspot access
included
$39.99monthly accessBuy Now

Message 22 of 222
ACE - Master

Bloodkip wrote:

there use to be a $30 unlimited data plan

And gasoline used to cost $0.32 per gallon (not $3.20 per gallon like it is now).  I highly doubt you will see any oil company start selling their gasoline for that low price any more, and similarly, I highly doubt you will see AT&T start selling their data plans for the low price any more.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 222
Mentor

Data PackagesWhy do I need a data package?

Device Type Monthly
Access Per Line Data Allowance Per-MB Rate
Feature PhonesPay per use$1.99
Feature or 3G
Multimedia
Phones
$9.9925 MB20¢
after allowance
Feature, 3G
Multimedia or 3G
Smartphones
$29.99Unlimited
Data package of $9.99 or higher required for 3G Multimedia Phones.
Data package of $29.99 or higher required for 3G Smartphones.
Message 24 of 222
Mentor

Message 25 of 222
Mentor

If you're slick you can still get unlimited.

Am I missing a button? when I reply to a post the post I reply to is not quoted. 

Message 26 of 222
Expert

kinsey38 wrote:

your looking at  Mobile Broadband

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/plansingleline.jsp?lid=//global//plans//individual

the person I was replying to WAS referencing the aircard and not the mobile phones

trparky wrote:

If not unlimited, make it 5GB like the aircards get.  I'll gladly pay $30 a month for 5GB instead of $25 for a measily 2GB.

Message 27 of 222
Teacher

What do you mean? I can talk them into giving me unlimited?

Message 28 of 222
Expert

KChristopher wrote:

What do you mean? I can talk them into giving me unlimited?

Slim and none

the reference was to verizon

Message 29 of 222
Scholar

still don't know why your complaining. verizon is going tiered and sprint won't be far behind when 4g rolls out. They already have an additional fee for 4g. Your complaining about unlimited data but the fact is there was never unlimited data. Hit the 5g mark and your account is flagged as it is with other carriers. Cable companies do the same thing. Unlimited is limited with benefits. If your tying up 5gigs a month on 3g with no router use then its because of people like you why the data system changed. You abuse what you have then complain when your caught.

Message 30 of 222
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support