Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 26, 2011
6:55:20 AM
WAP.Cingular- Unnecessary, Unknown Charges

I keep getting charges on my mom and husbands phone, once a month at least. They both have unlimited text and do NOT access the internet. Their phones both confirm that you want to access internet/data BEFORE it goes through, so they are able to get out of it, to AVOID charges.

I saw some forums concerning this same issue from 2009....Is this still an UNRESOLVED issue after 2+ years?!?!?!

I need an answer, AT&T is getting more than enough of my money, no need for sneaky charges and stealing more. Smiley Mad

I keep getting charges on my mom and husbands phone, once a month at least. They both have unlimited text and do NOT access the internet. Their phones both confirm that you want to access internet/data BEFORE it goes through, so they are able to get out of it, to AVOID charges.

I saw some forums concerning this same issue from 2009....Is this still an UNRESOLVED issue after 2+ years?!?!?!

I need an answer, AT&T is getting more than enough of my money, no need for sneaky charges and stealing more. Smiley Mad

WAP.Cingular- Unnecessary, Unknown Charges

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 7:31:03 AM
(0)
Master

queeneene wrote:

What phones are they using?  I don not think that ATT is charging for data indescriminately but something is go out there to do something?  Are they absolutely sure they they say no if they hit the internet key?

MMS messages while also count in their unlimited messaging, they also use data/require data to be active to send recieve pictures.  What I am not sure is if the user is also charged for data or if the message also triggers some data.  I do not think this is the case though but it is a possiblity?

It is also possible that even though the phone asks to confirm is you want to conect ot the internet, there may be a small burst of data before the question is asked?

Keep in mind that there are two community managers here who may be able to help with some behind the scenese stuff but the rest of us are customers like yourself.

Again, Let's start with your the phone models involved.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

queeneene wrote:

What phones are they using?  I don not think that ATT is charging for data indescriminately but something is go out there to do something?  Are they absolutely sure they they say no if they hit the internet key?

MMS messages while also count in their unlimited messaging, they also use data/require data to be active to send recieve pictures.  What I am not sure is if the user is also charged for data or if the message also triggers some data.  I do not think this is the case though but it is a possiblity?

It is also possible that even though the phone asks to confirm is you want to conect ot the internet, there may be a small burst of data before the question is asked?

Keep in mind that there are two community managers here who may be able to help with some behind the scenese stuff but the rest of us are customers like yourself.

Again, Let's start with your the phone models involved.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: WAP.Cingular- Unnecessary, Unknown Charges

2 of 2 (654 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments