W518a camera stopped working

W518a camera stopped working

So the camera in my W518a stopped working. When selecting the camera from the standard soft key or menu, the gray camera startup screen ("Press 0 for help" screen) shows for about 1/2 second then goes right back to the main standby screen.  The camera never starts up.

Also, the Gesture function (and associated white LED helper light) do not work any more either for phone calls or alarms.

Nothing led up to this behavior.

Has this happened to anyone here before?  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (814 Views)
Master

Re: W518a camera stopped working

Have you already tried doing a master reset?  I'd try that first, and if that doesn't resolve the issues you could consider a warranty exchange if you are still within the warranty period.

The number for at&t's warranty department is 1-800-801-1101, or you can visit one of their "Device Support Centers" if there is one nearby.

Device Support Centers

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4 (731 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  I firmware reinstall did the trick.  I had read a post somewhere else where a W518a owner didn't have success performing a firmware update/reinstall with this issue so I was intitially hesitant...but it solved the problem.

Message 3 of 4 (712 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Happy to hear you've resolved it. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4 (697 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.