Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 5, 2009
7:30:22 AM
View profile
Voicemail retrieval for IPhone
Edited by IanSee on Jun 5, 2009 at 2:23:36 PM

I am borrowing someone else's iphone while mine is being worked on. I use to be able to check my voicemail from a land line by calling the "back door" at&t number (704-451-8989)  --- however since I am using the iphone it now tells me my number does not exist.

I DO NOT want to call my own phone to check vm (saving battery & mintues that way)

does anyone know what the backdoor numbers are to voicemail for the iphone???

{personal content removed for your safety}  HELP!!!

Message Edited by IanSee on 06-05-2009 05:23:36 PM

I am borrowing someone else's iphone while mine is being worked on. I use to be able to check my voicemail from a land line by calling the "back door" at&t number (704-451-8989)  --- however since I am using the iphone it now tells me my number does not exist.

I DO NOT want to call my own phone to check vm (saving battery & mintues that way)

does anyone know what the backdoor numbers are to voicemail for the iphone???

{personal content removed for your safety}  HELP!!!

Message Edited by IanSee on 06-05-2009 05:23:36 PM

Voicemail retrieval for IPhone

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2009 12:22:29 PM
(0)
Professor
I do know that the i-phone uses "visusal Voicemail" which is completely seperate from standard VM on other devices. So the retrieval I would assume is also different, I dont personally know how do access the VM form other equip but Im sure if you contact customer care at 800 331 0500 they could give you the info you need.
I do know that the i-phone uses "visusal Voicemail" which is completely seperate from standard VM on other devices. So the retrieval I would assume is also different, I dont personally know how do access the VM form other equip but Im sure if you contact customer care at 800 331 0500 they could give you the info you need.

Re: Voicemail retrieval for IPhone

2 of 5 (38,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2009 11:22:41 AM
(0)
Expert

southernVA wrote:

charlotte01 wrote:

Does anyone know what the backdoor numbers are to voicemail for the iphone???

HELP!!!

I do know that the i-phone uses "visusal Voicemail" which is completely seperate from standard VM on other devices. So the retrieval I would assume is also different, I dont personally know how do access the VM form other equip but Im sure if you contact customer care at 1-800-331-0500 they could give you the info you need.

The process is the same process, the only thing is in this case the retrievel number (backdoor number) has changed due to the version of voicemail that is in use, so you are correct for the OP to call customer care.

southernVA wrote:

charlotte01 wrote:

Does anyone know what the backdoor numbers are to voicemail for the iphone???

HELP!!!

I do know that the i-phone uses "visusal Voicemail" which is completely seperate from standard VM on other devices. So the retrieval I would assume is also different, I dont personally know how do access the VM form other equip but Im sure if you contact customer care at 1-800-331-0500 they could give you the info you need.

The process is the same process, the only thing is in this case the retrievel number (backdoor number) has changed due to the version of voicemail that is in use, so you are correct for the OP to call customer care.

3 of 5 (38,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2009 9:09:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

On the phone where your voicemail is normally used, dial *#61# and hit talk/dial, and the Voicemail features will be displayed (including your VM Access Number, this is the number your calls are forwared to when you don't answer).

Call the number listed, type in your phone number and press * as soon as you hear your greeting then type in your voicemail password.  Your in!

Everyone has a different voicemail server which holds their voicemail, this way ATT doesn't have a single system when it goes down effect everyone! 

On the phone where your voicemail is normally used, dial *#61# and hit talk/dial, and the Voicemail features will be displayed (including your VM Access Number, this is the number your calls are forwared to when you don't answer).

Call the number listed, type in your phone number and press * as soon as you hear your greeting then type in your voicemail password.  Your in!

Everyone has a different voicemail server which holds their voicemail, this way ATT doesn't have a single system when it goes down effect everyone! 

4 of 5 (37,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2009 9:50:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Voicemail has changed.  You can access it from your own cellphone by holding the down the 1 key and it will automatically dial that phone's voicemail.  If calling your voicemail from another phone (even a landline) dial your own cellphone number and during your greeting press the star key (*).  Then you'll be prompted for your passcode.

Congratulations to AT&T for their "Stealth support" on announcing (not!) this change. 

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/popups/dobson-voicemail-upgrade.jsp 

Voicemail has changed.  You can access it from your own cellphone by holding the down the 1 key and it will automatically dial that phone's voicemail.  If calling your voicemail from another phone (even a landline) dial your own cellphone number and during your greeting press the star key (*).  Then you'll be prompted for your passcode.

Congratulations to AT&T for their "Stealth support" on announcing (not!) this change. 

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/popups/dobson-voicemail-upgrade.jsp 

5 of 5 (37,506 Views)