Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail Greeting

Contributor

Voicemail Greeting

I'm looking for a way to disable the operator that comes on after my personal voicemail greeting.  You know, the one that explains how voicemail works?  I know I've done it before, but that may have been with Verizon.  I've also been through the menus and personal options, and it wasn't immediately apparent.  Help?
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Voicemail Greeting

@lohnesd wrote:
I'm looking for a way to disable the operator that comes on after my personal voicemail greeting.  You know, the one that explains how voicemail works?  I know I've done it before, but that may have been with Verizon.  I've also been through the menus and personal options, and it wasn't immediately apparent.  Help?

No. Read this for a workaround.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I had the same problem. Go to your voicemail... listen to them. Save, save, save them. Delete or whatever you need to do and you'll finally get to the end of the messages. THEN, you will hear a series of questions including... "do you want to change your greeting?" Click on the appropriate number or sign... star/pound, etc. You can then have an automated message left on your greeting.. or you can choose to personalize it. If you personalize it, you will record your own message. Again, follow the prompts and you will then have it automatically on your phone.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Refer to this case number and att will remove the automated message at the end of your "custom" message

case  number 20100825 12217226

Message 4 of 5
Professor

@dmapr wrote:

@lohnesd wrote:

No. Read this for a workaround.

Thanks for the referral dmapr, it works well that's for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support