Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 9, 2011
6:58:45 PM
Voice Mail Setup - Samsung Galaxy SII

just upgraded my phone to a samsung galaxy sii and if i try to call it and let it ring it does not go to voicemail, when i enter voicemail to set it up it say it needs more information, to enter the number of the person i am trying to reach or press pound if i have a mail box on the system, pressing # then asks me for mail box number provided by my system admin???? no options for doing set up. i did have voice mail on previous phone that has been removed.

just upgraded my phone to a samsung galaxy sii and if i try to call it and let it ring it does not go to voicemail, when i enter voicemail to set it up it say it needs more information, to enter the number of the person i am trying to reach or press pound if i have a mail box on the system, pressing # then asks me for mail box number provided by my system admin???? no options for doing set up. i did have voice mail on previous phone that has been removed.

Voice Mail Setup - Samsung Galaxy SII

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:56:11 PM
(0)
Guru
Ok here is how to do it ok? if you forgot your password.

Step 1: Reset your voicemail password in the system and receive a temporary password via free text message.
You can reset your voicemail password by following the "reset" procedures online or by phone, using AT&T's automated system, as follows:

Method Procedure
Online, from your myAT&T account Go to the Reset Voicemail Password page in myAT&T.
The Reset Voicemail Password screen will display your wireless number. Note: You will only be able to reset the voicemail password associated with the wireless number you used to log in to myAT&T.
Select Submit to reset your voicemail password.
You will receive a temporary password via free text message.

Using the automated voicemail system, from your mobile phone Call 611 from your wireless device.
Press 1 to confirm your wireless phone number.
Press the option for Voicemail Help.
Press 3 to Reset Your Voicemail Password.
Enter your Billing ZIP Code.

Using the automated voicemail system, from a landline phone Call 1-800-331-0500 from a landline phone.
Enter your 10-digit wireless phone number.
Press 3 to Reset your Voicemail Password.

Ok here is how to do it ok? if you forgot your password.

Step 1: Reset your voicemail password in the system and receive a temporary password via free text message.
You can reset your voicemail password by following the "reset" procedures online or by phone, using AT&T's automated system, as follows:

Method Procedure
Online, from your myAT&T account Go to the Reset Voicemail Password page in myAT&T.
The Reset Voicemail Password screen will display your wireless number. Note: You will only be able to reset the voicemail password associated with the wireless number you used to log in to myAT&T.
Select Submit to reset your voicemail password.

Using the automated voicemail system, from your mobile phone Call 611 from your wireless device.
Press 1 to confirm your wireless phone number.
Press 3 to Reset Your Voicemail Password.

Using the automated voicemail system, from a landline phone Call 1-800-331-0500 from a landline phone.
Enter your 10-digit wireless phone number.
Press 3 to Reset your Voicemail Password.

Re: Voice Mail Setup - Samsung Galaxy SII

2 of 7 (32,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 7:12:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
I just bought it today and I am having the exact same issues! This guy who replied to you doesn't have a clue what you are talking about :smileysad:
I just bought it today and I am having the exact same issues! This guy who replied to you doesn't have a clue what you are talking about :smileysad:

3 of 7 (32,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 7:55:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem.

4 of 7 (31,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 12:03:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
I see I am not the only person experiencing this problem...
I see I am not the only person experiencing this problem...

5 of 7 (31,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 2:13:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Did either of you reset your voicemail password? If that didn't work, call customer service and have them reset your voicemail.
Did either of you reset your voicemail password? If that didn't work, call customer service and have them reset your voicemail.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (31,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 9:56:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yep, same exact problem switching from a 3gs to a SII. I had to call ATT and spend about 10 minutes on the phone for them to set it up.

I've also been looking for a similar visual voicemail program that seemed to work as good as my previous phone. So far, I've tried the ATT Messages application, and find that it really sucks. It does work as a visual voicemail applicaiton, but the cpu rides at 100% from the ATT Messages application and it feels like the phone is about to sizzle.

Anyone else tried similar programs?

Thx

Yep, same exact problem switching from a 3gs to a SII. I had to call ATT and spend about 10 minutes on the phone for them to set it up.

I've also been looking for a similar visual voicemail program that seemed to work as good as my previous phone. So far, I've tried the ATT Messages application, and find that it really sucks. It does work as a visual voicemail applicaiton, but the cpu rides at 100% from the ATT Messages application and it feels like the phone is about to sizzle.

Anyone else tried similar programs?

Thx

7 of 7 (31,340 Views)