Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2011
4:27:39 PM
Vivid - LTE Beats WiFi

In my somewhat limited testing of suburban Atlanta LTE with 2 bars of signal strength vs my 802.11n Mode Wireless Router (the Vivid is about 6 ft away from the router), it sure looks like LTE beats WiFi hands down for both down and upload speeds.

In my somewhat limited testing of suburban Atlanta LTE with 2 bars of signal strength vs my 802.11n Mode Wireless Router (the Vivid is about 6 ft away from the router), it sure looks like LTE beats WiFi hands down for both down and upload speeds.

Vivid - LTE Beats WiFi

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 3:45:52 AM
(0)
Master
Gosh, it would be nice to even have that speed in your wifi connection with my wifi connection. Alas, that isn't available for me unless there is some backhaul done in future.

I have experienced the LTE download and upload speeds with my cellular connection at times in my location.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Gosh, it would be nice to even have that speed in your wifi connection with my wifi connection. Alas, that isn't available for me unless there is some backhaul done in future.

I have experienced the LTE download and upload speeds with my cellular connection at times in my location.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Vivid - LTE Beats WiFi

2 of 6 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 5:18:26 AM
(0)
Mentor

Ann154 wrote:

Perhaps my better WiFi speed is due to the fact that my ISP is not ATT?

Ann154 wrote:

Perhaps my better WiFi speed is due to the fact that my ISP is not ATT?

3 of 6 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 11:47:44 AM
(0)
Master
My ISP is not ATT either. ATT isn't even option for any other service besides wireless in my area.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
My ISP is not ATT either. ATT isn't even option for any other service besides wireless in my area.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 6 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 4:28:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Impressive. So overall, are you happy with the phone and what it's capable of doing?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Impressive. So overall, are you happy with the phone and what it's capable of doing?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (446 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2011 3:57:11 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Pretty much.  The touch screen is taking a bit to get used to.  Also, there are some idiosyncrasies to the phone and the software that are still being learned.  After a couple of years with Windows Mobile and another couple with BlackBerry, it's a whole new ball game.

Wild Banchi wrote:

Pretty much.  The touch screen is taking a bit to get used to.  Also, there are some idiosyncrasies to the phone and the software that are still being learned.  After a couple of years with Windows Mobile and another couple with BlackBerry, it's a whole new ball game.

6 of 6 (435 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments