Vivid - LTE Beats WiFi

Vivid - LTE Beats WiFi

In my somewhat limited testing of suburban Atlanta LTE with 2 bars of signal strength vs my 802.11n Mode Wireless Router (the Vivid is about 6 ft away from the router), it sure looks like LTE beats WiFi hands down for both down and upload speeds.

Message 1 of 6 (495 Views)
Master

Re: Vivid - LTE Beats WiFi

Gosh, it would be nice to even have that speed in your wifi connection with my wifi connection. Alas, that isn't available for me unless there is some backhaul done in future.

I have experienced the LTE download and upload speeds with my cellular connection at times in my location.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6 (479 Views)

Ann154 wrote:
Gosh, it would be nice to even have that speed in your wifi connection with my wifi connection. Alas, that isn't available for me unless there is some backhaul done in future.

Perhaps my better WiFi speed is due to the fact that my ISP is not ATT?

Message 3 of 6 (473 Views)
Master

My ISP is not ATT either. ATT isn't even option for any other service besides wireless in my area.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6 (461 Views)
Master

Impressive. So overall, are you happy with the phone and what it's capable of doing?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6 (453 Views)
Highlighted

Wild Banchi wrote:
Impressive. So overall, are you happy with the phone and what it's capable of doing?

Pretty much.  The touch screen is taking a bit to get used to.  Also, there are some idiosyncrasies to the phone and the software that are still being learned.  After a couple of years with Windows Mobile and another couple with BlackBerry, it's a whole new ball game.

Message 6 of 6 (442 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.