Visual Voicemail for Samsung Focus?

Teacher

Visual Voicemail for Samsung Focus?

[ Edited ]

Now that Microsoft has brought us a real mobile OS contender, does ATT have any plans of making Visual Voicemail available on the WP7 platform? I think it would be an excellent fit and enhancement. The iPhone has it, the BB has it the and WP7 platform seems a natural for the app.

Message 1 of 26 (6,865 Views)
Teacher

Re: Visual Voicemail for Samsung Focus?

Great question...would love to see that happen.  For now I am still using Google Voice and text transcription.  There are a few google voice apps for Windows Phone but I havent tried either of them yet.

I am sure they will work as good as a visual voicemail but without the notifier in the top tray.

Message 2 of 26 (6,798 Views)
Tutor

Please bring visual voicemail to the Focus!

Message 3 of 26 (6,735 Views)
Master

I really liked Google Voice (official google app) on my Captivate. In addition to visual voice mail, it also gives me free text messages (save $$$).

Wonder how well these WP7 GV apps (I understand those are not official apps from Google) work on Focus?

Message 4 of 26 (6,682 Views)
Professor

Do any of you all use YouMail?  Has its functionality been totally eclipsed by Google Voice.  Do I need to finally get a Google account?

I enjoy you mail, but I cannot get it to fully integrate with the display icons.  For example it will not show that I have a voice mail waiting or the number of unheard voicemails waiting.  I do get the text message and email, but not the voicemail indiccator.  Any ideas?

Message 5 of 26 (6,674 Views)
Teacher

Hopefully more folks will ask for this and ATT will listen and deploy it for our stunning new OS!

Message 6 of 26 (6,498 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Last time I checked, Visual Voice mail from AT&T has a monthly service fee. I doubt most folks will request this feature when there are 3rd party free services available.

Message 7 of 26 (6,453 Views)
Teacher

It didn't carry a seperate fee for the iPhone or Blackberry. It's a "no fee" service with a data plan which we all have anyway.

Message 8 of 26 (6,422 Views)
Expert

jfern60 wrote:

It didn't carry a seperate fee for the iPhone or Blackberry. It's a "no fee" service with a data plan which we all have anyway.

It's no fee because it was built into the contract from inception on the phones.

Not quit sure what the advantage to this is, hated it on the iphone and it just uses data allocations instrad of minutes as normal voicemail

Message 9 of 26 (6,406 Views)
Teacher

You must not use VM much. Fast selective message management like visual vm provides is extremely valuable and efficient for folks on the go.

Message 10 of 26 (5,779 Views)
Professor

You can download Magikmail from the WP7 Marketplace, which is a Youmail client and works great.

Message 11 of 26 (3,365 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

jfern60 wrote:

You must not use VM much. Fast selective message management like visual vm provides is extremely valuable and efficient for folks on the go.

/rofl just because someone disagree's with you they must not use it much. Sorry does not work that way. Just personally do not like it, end of story, have absolutley nothing to do with message management at all.

Message 12 of 26 (3,354 Views)

wingrider01 wrote:

jfern60 wrote:

/rofl just because someone disagree's with you they must not use it much. Sorry does not work that way. Just personally do not like it, end of story, have absolutley nothing to do with message management at all.

Yes, blindly pouring through 10 messages to get to the one you want is definitely the way to go .... Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 26 (3,333 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Not Quite Right wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

jfern60 wrote:

Yes, blindly pouring through 10 messages to get to the one you want is definitely the way to go .... Smiley Wink

they offer visual voice mail for an additional monthly charge - does that not work on your phone or do you just want it free?

Since my phone is business, eery vociemail message on the phone has equal priority and needs to be listened to in the order recieved, period

Message 14 of 26 (3,312 Views)

they offer visual voice mail for an additional monthly charge - does that not work on your phone or do you just want it free?

Since my phone is business, eery vociemail message on the phone has equal priority and needs to be listened to in the order recieved, period

There is no logical reason to defend a traditional voice mail box to visual voice mail (there really isn't).

It is such a better way of implementing a service that I can't possibly imagine the format not becoming the defacto for all cell phones in the future (a long the lines of threaded text messaging). The lack of visual voice mail was one of the reasons for me returning the Focus for a iPhone 4. I was so used to this feature after using it for 2 yrs on my iPhone 3G, that there is no going back at this point. 

Message 15 of 26 (3,299 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.