Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 7, 2012
3:10:10 AM
View profile
Visitor to US with iPhone 4S

I am visiting the US for 5 days bringing my iPhone 4S.

I need data to keep in touch with work while there, but the cost of roaming is extortionate, so want to use a prepay service.

Is there a way I can purchase an AT&T microSIM and sign-up for prepay $2 per day with a data add-on?  Seems simple, just about every other phone company in the world can manage it. Surely it's possible??

Help, or suggestions for what else might work, welcome!

Cheers

Andy

I am visiting the US for 5 days bringing my iPhone 4S.

I need data to keep in touch with work while there, but the cost of roaming is extortionate, so want to use a prepay service.

Is there a way I can purchase an AT&T microSIM and sign-up for prepay $2 per day with a data add-on?  Seems simple, just about every other phone company in the world can manage it. Surely it's possible??

Help, or suggestions for what else might work, welcome!

Cheers

Andy

Visitor to US with iPhone 4S

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 2:07:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, that is possible. You will need to buy a microSIM and activate it on GoPhone prepaid service. You can choose the $2 per day plan, enter the phone's and your information, and get assigned a phone number during the activation process.

For data to work on prepaid, you must go to a special website to change your iPhone's APN settings.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes, that is possible. You will need to buy a microSIM and activate it on GoPhone prepaid service. You can choose the $2 per day plan, enter the phone's and your information, and get assigned a phone number during the activation process.

For data to work on prepaid, you must go to a special website to change your iPhone's APN settings.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Visitor to US with iPhone 4S

2 of 4 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 2:58:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hey Thanks for that.

Do you know if ATT stores sell prepay microSIM cards for use in iPhone 4S? Their website doesn't make any mention of them that I can find.

Thanks
Hey Thanks for that.

Do you know if ATT stores sell prepay microSIM cards for use in iPhone 4S? Their website doesn't make any mention of them that I can find.

Thanks

3 of 4 (334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 5:35:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

As far as prepaid microSIMs go, I've heard that you can purchase a regular post paid one at an AT&T store but then activate it on a prepaid account. That's about the best way to do it. I've been thinking about trying it myself.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're welcome.

As far as prepaid microSIMs go, I've heard that you can purchase a regular post paid one at an AT&T store but then activate it on a prepaid account. That's about the best way to do it. I've been thinking about trying it myself.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (328 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments