Visitor to US with iPhone 4S

Contributor

Visitor to US with iPhone 4S

I am visiting the US for 5 days bringing my iPhone 4S.

I need data to keep in touch with work while there, but the cost of roaming is extortionate, so want to use a prepay service.

Is there a way I can purchase an AT&T microSIM and sign-up for prepay $2 per day with a data add-on?  Seems simple, just about every other phone company in the world can manage it. Surely it's possible??

Help, or suggestions for what else might work, welcome!

Cheers

Andy

Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Visitor to US with iPhone 4S

Yes, that is possible. You will need to buy a microSIM and activate it on GoPhone prepaid service. You can choose the $2 per day plan, enter the phone's and your information, and get assigned a phone number during the activation process.

For data to work on prepaid, you must go to a special website to change your iPhone's APN settings.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)
Contributor

Hey Thanks for that.

Do you know if ATT stores sell prepay microSIM cards for use in iPhone 4S? Their website doesn't make any mention of them that I can find.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4 (347 Views)
Master

You're welcome.

As far as prepaid microSIMs go, I've heard that you can purchase a regular post paid one at an AT&T store but then activate it on a prepaid account. That's about the best way to do it. I've been thinking about trying it myself.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (341 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.