Visiting US from UK with UK iPhone 4 and need some info

Contributor

Visiting US from UK with UK iPhone 4 and need some info

Hi everyone

I coming over to the US for a visit in a couple of months, the last time I was there I returned to the UK with a HUGE phone bill (oops). What I would like to do this time is purchase an AT&T pre paid micro sim for use in my UK iPhone 4 as I think this would be more cost effective as oppose to paying the overinflated international charges levied by O2 (my contracted UK network). Do AT&T sell pay as you go micro sims? If so would I have a problem obtaining one as I am not a US resident?

Thanks in advance for your help x

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: Visiting US from UK with UK iPhone 4 and need some info

Not 100% sure, but it *seems* like AT&T doesn't do iPhones on prepaid plans.

You could use t-mobile (might have to cut the sim down to size yourself)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

ukgirl0604 wrote:

Hi everyone

I coming over to the US for a visit in a couple of months, the last time I was there I returned to the UK with a HUGE phone bill (oops). What I would like to do this time is purchase an AT&T pre paid micro sim for use in my UK iPhone 4 as I think this would be more cost effective as oppose to paying the overinflated international charges levied by O2 (my contracted UK network). Do AT&T sell pay as you go micro sims? If so would I have a problem obtaining one as I am not a US resident?

Thanks in advance for your help x

AT&T does not sell prepaid SIms for data plans, i.e. iPhone.
If your phone is unlocked you can get a no contract month to month plan.   Unless you have a corporate sponsor or a friend in the USA who wil put you on their account as a 2nd line,   you will have to put up a large deposit with AT&T for month to month service.
Not really a problem for most rich Brits  Smiley Very Happy   ....
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Haha I wish I was a rich Brit :-)

It's likely that I will just have switch off my data roaming and my 3G whilst I am in the US to avoid being screwed over again by O2 and will utilise the hotel's free wifi instead. I suppose it wont hurt to live without Facebook for a few hours a day :-)

Thank you for the replies and information x

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support