Very upset with iPhone 4s upgrade policy

Very upset with iPhone 4s upgrade policy

[ Edited ]
Hey guys and AT&T if possible,
I have been a really loyal customer for manY years now with AT&T.
I have purchased every single iPhone ever released on launch day, including the iPhone 4 last year at June 24th on apple.com.
My monthly bill wit AT&T is well over 200 dollars always paid on time, 2 lines and maximum data, maximum texting, grandfathered unlimited data also and here is the kicker, my early upgraded was changed from June 24 of this year to November 16th of this year overnight and without warning. It almost seems like as soon as iPhone 4s was released the killed my early upgrade date on my account.

How the heck is that fair? That's like giving candy to a baby, letting him take a lick ad stealing it away from him. What gives AT&T? I am your impulse loyal iPhone customer and I want a new 4s on launch.
Message 1 of 8 (1,125 Views)
Tutor

Re: Very upset with iPhone 4s upgrade policy

I'm basically in the same boat you are in.  I am porting my number to either Verizon or Sprint and paying the $165 ETF.  Not only will I save $85 by doing this, but I will also have a company that respects their customers.

Message 2 of 8 (1,109 Views)

Verizon does not offer early upgrades, Verizon will only allow you to upgrade when you are eligible, no if, ands, or buts. Verizon also has the same policy, your upgrade eligibility has a possibility of changing. Change if you will, but trust me it's not going to be any different.

Message 3 of 8 (1,058 Views)
Scholar

monaarts wrote:

Not only will I save $85 by doing this, but I will also have a company that respects their customers.

Ha. That made me laugh.

Message 4 of 8 (1,054 Views)

That made me laugh also, Verizon and Sprint do not allow you to upgrade early with no exceptions whatsoever, so next year good luck upgrading to the new iphone...

Message 5 of 8 (1,043 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

sometimes i wonder if you guys even read the thread posting. no disrespect but I think I have every right to be upset. #1 this thread is not about verizon, it is about AT&T.

Number 2, ever since Iphone 2g, I have been able to purchase every single phone for early upgrade pricing. Meaning I have owned 2g, 3g, 3gs, 4, and now I would like to buy 4s. This is the first time they have removed my early upgrade.

Number 3, I had a locked in early upgrade for June 24th of this year. Meaning for the last couple of months I couldve bought any iphone i wanted for reduced pricing, but after the launch of the Iphone 4S they took away my upgrade and moved it to November 16th of this year. To me, that is a real slimeball move, giving someone something and taking it away. I am a loyal apple/at&t customer and this move makes me want to go ETF and move to another carrier.

Remember, I am not complaining about not giving us early upgrades bc you are right, the contract is 24 months and no one is entitled to that. I am HOWEVER... complaining about me having early upgrade until the 4S release and them (AT&T) magically changing my date without warning or notice. Thats not fair.

Dom

Message 6 of 8 (983 Views)
Scholar

dominick32 wrote:

Number 3, I had a locked in early upgrade for June 24th of this year. Meaning for the last couple of months I couldve bought any iphone i wanted for reduced pricing, but after the launch of the Iphone 4S they took away my upgrade and moved it to November 16th of this year. To me, that is a real slimeball move, giving someone something and taking it away. I am a loyal apple/at&t customer and this move makes me want to go ETF and move to another carrier.

Remember, I am not complaining about not giving us early upgrades bc you are right, the contract is 24 months and no one is entitled to that. I am HOWEVER... complaining about me having early upgrade until the 4S release and them (AT&T) magically changing my date without warning or notice. Thats not fair.

Dom

I do agree with you on that. Changing your upgrade eligibility without any explanation was a slimeball move. My brother's line also had the upgrade eligibility changed (from November 2011 to March 2012). Not that I was planning to use his upgrade, anyway.

Perhaps you can contact Jamileh to put forward your complaint and come to a resolution. With how much you're paying every month, I think you're probably in the tier that's eligible to receive a full discount upgrade early.

Message 7 of 8 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm sure not even Jam can change the upgrade dates, or even allow an exception. I've had numerous customer ask for supervisors today who weren't able to change the upgrade eligibility or allow any exceptions. I'm not trying to sound like a buzz kill or anything but I think AT&T is sticking to their upgrade policy and not changing it... or at least not yet. Maybe when the 4s is released they will change their minds? Maybe not? Someone stated on a thread earlier that before, AT&T was the exclusive carrier and now they aren't which makes them less obligated to change their upgrade policy because Apple is no longer pressuring them for sales. Makes some sort of sense, idk who knows?

Message 8 of 8 (868 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.