Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 25, 2011
12:42:33 PM
Very slow IPhone activity.
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 26, 2011 at 5:56:31 AM

I've been on AT&T for 7 years and here recently downloading anything from the internet or downloading ringtones or what ever is extremely slow. It's like AT&T turned something down on my account. Is that possible? My wife & I both have IPhones. Her's is a 8GB, mine is a 16GB. When I leave my town it really takes forever to do anything on the phone. I heard somewhere that AT&T follows your activity over a period of time and adjust your account to your lifestyle! Is this true? Back when we first got on AT&T it wasn't this weak or slow. My friends phones are 20 times faster than mine. This my 3rd IPhone and their's nothing wrong with it or my wifes phone. Im on the 2GB plan because I don't live on the IPhone but when I use it I would like it to do what it's reputable to do! Thanks, David {Personal content removed for your safety}

I've been on AT&T for 7 years and here recently downloading anything from the internet or downloading ringtones or what ever is extremely slow. It's like AT&T turned something down on my account. Is that possible? My wife & I both have IPhones. Her's is a 8GB, mine is a 16GB. When I leave my town it really takes forever to do anything on the phone. I heard somewhere that AT&T follows your activity over a period of time and adjust your account to your lifestyle! Is this true? Back when we first got on AT&T it wasn't this weak or slow. My friends phones are 20 times faster than mine. This my 3rd IPhone and their's nothing wrong with it or my wifes phone. Im on the 2GB plan because I don't live on the IPhone but when I use it I would like it to do what it's reputable to do! Thanks, David {Personal content removed for your safety}

Very slow IPhone activity.

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 4:09:55 PM
(0)
Guru

First off when you are home or when you "leave your town" is your iPhone showing 3G or E (icon upper left corner)? If it's on E (edge) data will be extremely slow. There isn't anything you can do about that. If it's showing 3G and you are on the 2GB plan then I doubt AT&T is throttling your data. That normally only happens to people who are on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. 

DGoodrow wrote:

First off when you are home or when you "leave your town" is your iPhone showing 3G or E (icon upper left corner)? If it's on E (edge) data will be extremely slow. There isn't anything you can do about that. If it's showing 3G and you are on the 2GB plan then I doubt AT&T is throttling your data. That normally only happens to people who are on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. 

DGoodrow wrote:

Re: Very slow IPhone activity.

2 of 2 (769 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments