Posted Nov 7, 2010
2:08:18 AM
View profile
Verizon to offer $70 unlimited text and data plan
Apparently, Verizon is testing a new plan that offers unlimited text and data for $70. Let's see what att does http://on.mash.to/aVLAdZ
Apparently, Verizon is testing a new plan that offers unlimited text and data for $70. Let's see what att does http://on.mash.to/aVLAdZ

Verizon to offer $70 unlimited text and data plan

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2010 3:08:28 AM
(0)
Expert

guandalf wrote:

depends - don;t see that it is offered for smartphones though, just qmd devices

guandalf wrote:

depends - don;t see that it is offered for smartphones though, just qmd devices

Re: Verizon to offer $70 unlimited text and data plan

2 of 23 (706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2010 2:32:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Nov 7, 2010 at 2:33:20 PM

guandalf wrote:

The data plan alone would be around $50, then. The messaging is about $20.

AT&T's plans: (For unlimited text, and the 200MB and 2GB plans)

200MB ($15) + Unlimited Messaging ($20) = $35. Got 'em beat by half.

2GB ($25) = Unlimited Messaging ($20 = just $45. Still got 'em beat.

Even if you were to go over your allowed data amount, the charges still wouldn't get as high up to the $70 mark. (Depending how much overage you've done.) I think that AT&T's got Verizon beat on this one, even though AT&T does no longer offer the Unlimited Data Plan.

Verizon Wireless probably bundled the two services together to make customers think that they're getting the better deal, but really, I don't think it's any diffferent...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

guandalf wrote:

Even if you were to go over your allowed data amount, the charges still wouldn't get as high up to the $70 mark. (Depending how much overage you've done.) I think that AT&T's got Verizon beat on this one, even though AT&T does no longer offer the Unlimited Data Plan.

Verizon Wireless probably bundled the two services together to make customers think that they're getting the better deal, but really, I don't think it's any diffferent...

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 23 (685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 5:37:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

I want to switch to the $140 family share plan... I wonder if I can still switch plans before I get transitioned to ATT?

I want to switch to the $140 family share plan... I wonder if I can still switch plans before I get transitioned to ATT?

4 of 23 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 8:23:07 AM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

guandalf wrote:

the plan that verizon offer is 450 anytime min + unlimited data text and message

att plan 450 anytime minutes is 39.99 + 20 unlimited messages + 15 200 mb =  74.99 and if you choose 2 gb $25 will be 84.99

but the promotion is only available in some areas and for a limited time .

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Wild Banchi wrote:

guandalf wrote:

the plan that verizon offer is 450 anytime min + unlimited data text and message

att plan 450 anytime minutes is 39.99 + 20 unlimited messages + 15 200 mb =  74.99 and if you choose 2 gb $25 will be 84.99

5 of 23 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 9:34:15 AM
(0)
Professor

Yeah, I heard it was extremely limited rollout and to only certain customers.

Yeah, I heard it was extremely limited rollout and to only certain customers.

6 of 23 (640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 10:17:51 AM
(0)
Guru

According to the article:

A. It also includes voice at 450 minutes, but 

B. As UNSC_REACH said, it's only to certain select customers who received the promotion by email.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

B. As UNSC_REACH said, it's only to certain select customers who received the promotion by email.

7 of 23 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 4:05:02 PM
(0)
Expert

erichamion wrote:

and from what I have seen does not include smartphones

erichamion wrote:

8 of 23 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 5:08:06 PM
(0)
Professor
Sounding more and more like a great deal.
Sounding more and more like a great deal.

9 of 23 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 9:00:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

actually the plan is just for smartphones

wingrider01 wrote:

erichamion wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

erichamion wrote:

10 of 23 (596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 10:14:59 AM
(0)
Expert

rosa.limones wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

erichamion wrote:

link?

rosa.limones wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

erichamion wrote:

link?

11 of 23 (523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 12:02:59 PM
(0)
Professor
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

12 of 23 (510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 1:12:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

rosa.limones wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I did not include voice minutes in my summary. I thought that that would be extra. It does not state "Unlimited Talk", which I still believe is around $69.99 every month...

rosa.limones wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I did not include voice minutes in my summary. I thought that that would be extra. It does not state "Unlimited Talk", which I still believe is around $69.99 every month...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

13 of 23 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 1:32:30 PM
(0)
Professor
Well compared to my current plan on Verizon (450 min, 250 messages, unlimited data), the plan they are testing would save me $5.00 a month. Over one year that is a savings of almost $60. Now if only I wasn't sold to AT&T and will now be forced to use that network...
Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:
Well compared to my current plan on Verizon (450 min, 250 messages, unlimited data), the plan they are testing would save me $5.00 a month. Over one year that is a savings of almost $60. Now if only I wasn't sold to AT&T and will now be forced to use that network...

14 of 23 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 1:39:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ann154 wrote:

I think that the savings are nice, even if it's just a little amount. You are a part of the Verizon merge, right?

Ann154 wrote:

I think that the savings are nice, even if it's just a little amount. You are a part of the Verizon merge, right?

15 of 23 (492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 1:40:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Unfortunately.
Unfortunately.

16 of 23 (490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 1:50:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Awwww, c'mon... It's not so bad... :smileywink:

Can you give me a little more information about this particular merge? It just seems sort of confusing to me.

Awwww, c'mon... It's not so bad... :smileywink:

Can you give me a little more information about this particular merge? It just seems sort of confusing to me.

17 of 23 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 2:29:54 PM
(0)
Professor
@wild banchi
Most of the information and associated links are in this thread. I didn't start it but I posted to it.

I will add the lock down on third party apps on the android phones is especially annoying since I am on a beta testing group for improving an existing market app. The beta app or restoring older versions of an application available on the market has never bothered my phone and I still have the original phone I got back in November 2009.

www.forums.att.com/t5/General-Care/Forced-from-Verizon-to-AT-amp-T-by-merger/td-p/2531033
@wild banchi
Most of the information and associated links are in this thread. I didn't start it but I posted to it.

I will add the lock down on third party apps on the android phones is especially annoying since I am on a beta testing group for improving an existing market app. The beta app or restoring older versions of an application available on the market has never bothered my phone and I still have the original phone I got back in November 2009.

www.forums.att.com/t5/General-Care/Forced-from-Verizon-to-AT-amp-T-by-merger/td-p/2531033

18 of 23 (478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:40:23 AM
(0)
Expert

Ann154 wrote:
Link

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEUT_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthE

still don;t see anything on that page that states it is for smartphones only or that it includes smartphones

Ann154 wrote:
Link

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEUT_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthE

still don;t see anything on that page that states it is for smartphones only or that it includes smartphones

19 of 23 (468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:55:42 AM
(0)
Professor
Well it doesn't say smartphones are excluded either. The single line plan is only $5 less than my current smartphone plan as it stands now.
Well it doesn't say smartphones are excluded either. The single line plan is only $5 less than my current smartphone plan as it stands now.

20 of 23 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 4:04:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Here is the website that reported the details.

www.bgr.com/2010/11/06/verizon-wireless-testing-sprint-like-70-450-minute-unlimited-plan/

21 of 23 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 5:24:22 AM
(0)
Explorer

well if verizon make this happen then at&t needs to get there stuff together and do something this so it looks like next year I will be jumping ship and go to verizon because I live in Boise ID and the have better coverage.

well if verizon make this happen then at&t needs to get there stuff together and do something this so it looks like next year I will be jumping ship and go to verizon because I live in Boise ID and the have better coverage.

22 of 23 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2010 6:06:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have five lines on AT&T and one on Verizon. I called to get this plan but was denied. For me it would be a considerable savings for five lines, $75 per month. If you factor in AT&T caps at 2gB and Verizon doesn't, if each line went over the 2gB limit, you be saving $125/mo. i'm using just about 2gB now on my Droid so it isn't unreasonable to see more than that for some users.

If Verizon does offer this, I'll jump ship.

I have five lines on AT&T and one on Verizon. I called to get this plan but was denied. For me it would be a considerable savings for five lines, $75 per month. If you factor in AT&T caps at 2gB and Verizon doesn't, if each line went over the 2gB limit, you be saving $125/mo. i'm using just about 2gB now on my Droid so it isn't unreasonable to see more than that for some users.

If Verizon does offer this, I'll jump ship.

23 of 23 (409 Views)