Verizon to offer $70 unlimited text and data plan

Professor

Verizon to offer $70 unlimited text and data plan

Apparently, Verizon is testing a new plan that offers unlimited text and data for $70. Let's see what att does http://on.mash.to/aVLAdZ
Message 1 of 23 (1,216 Views)
Expert

Re: Verizon to offer $70 unlimited text and data plan

guandalf wrote:
Apparently, Verizon is testing a new plan that offers unlimited text and data for $70. Let's see what att does http://on.mash.to/aVLAdZ

depends - don;t see that it is offered for smartphones though, just qmd devices

Message 2 of 23 (1,209 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

guandalf wrote:

The data plan alone would be around $50, then. The messaging is about $20.

AT&T's plans: (For unlimited text, and the 200MB and 2GB plans)

200MB ($15) + Unlimited Messaging ($20) = $35. Got 'em beat by half.

2GB ($25) = Unlimited Messaging ($20 = just $45. Still got 'em beat.

Even if you were to go over your allowed data amount, the charges still wouldn't get as high up to the $70 mark. (Depending how much overage you've done.) I think that AT&T's got Verizon beat on this one, even though AT&T does no longer offer the Unlimited Data Plan.

Verizon Wireless probably bundled the two services together to make customers think that they're getting the better deal, but really, I don't think it's any diffferent...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 23 (1,188 Views)
Scholar

I want to switch to the $140 family share plan... I wonder if I can still switch plans before I get transitioned to ATT?

Message 4 of 23 (1,163 Views)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

guandalf wrote:

Even if you were to go over your allowed data amount, the charges still wouldn't get as high up to the $70 mark. (Depending how much overage you've done.) I think that AT&T's got Verizon beat on this one, even though AT&T does no longer offer the Unlimited Data Plan.

Verizon Wireless probably bundled the two services together to make customers think that they're getting the better deal, but really, I don't think it's any diffferent...

the plan that verizon offer is 450 anytime min + unlimited data text and message

att plan 450 anytime minutes is 39.99 + 20 unlimited messages + 15 200 mb =  74.99 and if you choose 2 gb $25 will be 84.99

but the promotion is only available in some areas and for a limited time .

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 23 (1,150 Views)
Professor

Yeah, I heard it was extremely limited rollout and to only certain customers.

Message 6 of 23 (1,143 Views)

According to the article:

A. It also includes voice at 450 minutes, but 

B. As UNSC_REACH said, it's only to certain select customers who received the promotion by email.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 23 (1,138 Views)
Expert

erichamion wrote:

B. As UNSC_REACH said, it's only to certain select customers who received the promotion by email.

and from what I have seen does not include smartphones

Message 8 of 23 (1,119 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Sounding more and more like a great deal.
Message 9 of 23 (1,114 Views)
Scholar

actually the plan is just for smartphones

wingrider01 wrote:

erichamion wrote:

Message 10 of 23 (1,099 Views)
Expert

rosa.limones wrote:

actually the plan is just for smartphones

wingrider01 wrote:

erichamion wrote:

link?

Message 11 of 23 (1,026 Views)
Master

Message 12 of 23 (1,013 Views)
Master

rosa.limones wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

guandalf wrote:

the plan that verizon offer is 450 anytime min + unlimited data text and message

att plan 450 anytime minutes is 39.99 + 20 unlimited messages + 15 200 mb =  74.99 and if you choose 2 gb $25 will be 84.99

but the promotion is only available in some areas and for a limited time .

I did not include voice minutes in my summary. I thought that that would be extra. It does not state "Unlimited Talk", which I still believe is around $69.99 every month...

Message 13 of 23 (1,008 Views)
Master

Well compared to my current plan on Verizon (450 min, 250 messages, unlimited data), the plan they are testing would save me $5.00 a month. Over one year that is a savings of almost $60. Now if only I wasn't sold to AT&T and will now be forced to use that network...
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 23 (999 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Well compared to my current plan on Verizon (450 min, 250 messages, unlimited data), the plan they are testing would save me $5.00 a month. Over one year that is a savings of almost $60. Now if only I wasn't sold to AT&T and will now be forced to use that network...

I think that the savings are nice, even if it's just a little amount. You are a part of the Verizon merge, right?

Message 15 of 23 (995 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.