Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday?

Professor

Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday?

According to the wall street journal, anniuncement will be made next week http://on.wsj.com/gta0Gd
Message 1 of 51 (2,845 Views)
Master

Re: Verizon to announce iPhone on Tuesday?

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

guandalf wrote:

AT&T about to launch new ads show casing advantages of iPhone on its network 

LOL it's the last ditch effort to save the sinking ship/

/rolf "sinking ship" yuo have seen their quarterlies lately have you. Iphone is a small minority of their cell phone buisness, hope you enjoy it over there.

"Sinking ship"? Smiley Very Happy That's funny. Try taking it from a company who has millions of subscribers, and #2 in the whole entire country. That's a pretty successful ship if you ask me.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 46 of 51 (1,051 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Of course this does little to help keep current iPhone users in AT&T's stables...

Consumer Reports says AT&T's Cellphone service is America's worst

Their report has this other highlight, "Verizon Wireless is tops overall"

Message 47 of 51 (981 Views)
Expert

bell30655 wrote:

Of course this does little to help keep current iPhone users in AT&T's stables...

Consumer Reports says AT&T's Cellphone service is America's worst

Their report has this other highlight, "Verizon Wireless is tops overall"

wondered when that joke of a link would show up

Message 48 of 51 (967 Views)
Master

I would never leave AT&T for Verizon. Not only does Verizon's coverage stink in my area, but their customer service does as well. I have been very happy with my service from AT&T over the past 2 years and the devices that I've been using on their network....
Message 49 of 51 (964 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

In my area we have decent AT&T coverage except in part of my house.  Could be a black hole for signal.  My problem came with the indifference that I found when i contacted customer no-service about the issue.  The solution?  I shell out another $150 for a MicroCell which I did.  This could not be purchased on the AT&T website and my local retailer didn't sell them.

From a customer service standpoint AT&T would have made me a loyal customer by sending me one of those devices instead of telling me that I had to purchase it from a retailer and activate it myself.  It literally took me 20 phone calls to locate one and then I had to drive there to buy it because they would not mail it.  Customer no-service's help on the issue?  They provided me a link to a list of AT&T retailers to try when finding it.

It is hard for a company to overcome a customer's negative experience.  Were my expectations over the top?  I didn't think so, my house sits right in the middle of an orange area of the map.  The rep said we have great service in Monroe.  Great turned out to be okay.

Message 50 of 51 (955 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

have you seen the pricing on their LTE devices for data - talk about sticker shock. data pricing plans: $50 a month for 5GB or $80 a month for 10GB, plus $10 for each 1GB over those amounts.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9199319/Verizon_s_LTE_pricing_Good_deal_or_gouge_

Why is that sticker shock? Currently, 3G data from AT&T will cost you $55 for 5GB and $105 for 10GB.

try utilizing the two networks - see how much of a cost overrun you have on 4g - 5.1gb is 60.00. There is a linked post that a user can blow through the 5gb is a little over 35 minutes of use

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireless/articles/20101202/16564212096/you-can-use-up-your-entire-montl...

sorry 32 minutes, not 35

That is in reference to the speed:

(of course, that's assuming you've got 5 gigs to download, and you're getting pretty darn good speeds on that network).

If you had a 5GB file to download with AT&T's 3g, you would use up 5GB of data in a little over those 32 minutes. The price for the data still remains the same no matter how fast you use it. And that is what we are comparing, the cost of the data, not how fast one might or might not use it. You can use it up just as fast on AT&T's network.

Message 51 of 51 (858 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support