Verizon iPhone Officially Announced

Scholar

Verizon iPhone Officially Announced

Yea now stop talking about it and go switch if you want.

Message 1 of 58
Guru

Re: Verizon iPhone Officially Announced

Check out the images of it. It has a new antenna band.

This made my day. now the news every 3 months wont be dominated by Verizon iPhone rumors.

Message 2 of 58
Guru

"I want to spend a minute on how robust our network is. We have designed this network for customers to have an optimum experience. We have been drive testing this on our network. We're now into the thousands of devices, and we could not be more pleased."  Dan Dee - Verizon Wireless

I bet AT&T thought the same thing until they felt the crushing blow of MILLIONS of devices.

Message 3 of 58
Professor

What's different about the antenna? Looks the same as mine. Same death grip gap on the lower left corner.
Message 4 of 58
Guru

AT&T iPhones has the left antenna break on the top by the headphone jack.

Verizon iPhones have the left antenna break right above the mute switch.

Message 5 of 58
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:
What's different about the antenna? Looks the same as mine. Same death grip gap on the lower left corner.

They just said in the Q&A that it is because of the CDMA chip, who knows if it will have death grip issues

Message 6 of 58
Guru

And it was just confirmed what many knew and expected. You still cant talk on the phone and use data. However Verzion will still porbably have 2 things over AT&T at the moment.

1. Included mobile hotspot.

2. Unlimited data plans.

Message 7 of 58
Scholar

11:25AM Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan: Same as a CDMA device.

So... you don't.

They just confirmed what we all knew....no data while talking.... I know that a lot of people don't care about this, but I use this feature a ton daily

Message 8 of 58
Scholar

I'm sick of hearing how Verizon is better than AT&T. I'm sticking with AT&T, and hope the so called better Verizon network experience bandwidth issues, so people will see that they're not any better when their network is overloaded. The good thing is that there will be more bandwidth for us that stays with AT&T

Message 9 of 58
Scholar

Neihn wrote:

And it was just confirmed what many new and expected. You still cant talk on the phone and use data. However Verzion will still porbably have 2 things over AT&T at the moment.

2. Unlimited data plans.

You beat me to it

Message 10 of 58
Guru

kw83028 wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

They just said in the Q&A that it is because of the CDMA chip, who knows if it will have death grip issues

Yeah the made that mention after I first saw the photo of the device and made the post.

Message 11 of 58
Scholar

Neihn wrote:

And it was just confirmed what many knew and expected. You still cant talk on the phone and use data. However Verzion will still porbably have 2 things over AT&T at the moment.

2. Unlimited data plans.

Did they talk about plans? I missed it if they did, or is this still speculation from before the event?

Message 12 of 58
Guru

I believe its still speculation I didnt see anything come across to confirm but given Verizon is still offering unlimited with their tiered plans it would not suprise me any.

Message 13 of 58
Scholar

Yea I bet it will be too

Message 14 of 58

Way to go AT&T, you had 3 years to get your act together, now you've blown it.  I hope you never get an exclusive phone again.

Message 15 of 58
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support