Verizon iPhone Officially Announced

Scholar

Verizon iPhone Officially Announced

Yea now stop talking about it and go switch if you want.

Message 1 of 58 (2,793 Views)
Expert

Re: Verizon iPhone Officially Announced

Neihn wrote:

Facetime is pure data it does not use the voice network

actually it uses wifi only so it is a mute point unless they hack the phone

Message 31 of 58 (1,471 Views)
Guru

kw83028 wrote:

Uh oh, Engadget is reporting that the buttons have moved slightly because of the antenna design which means all current cases that incorporate the buttons, wont work with your new phone....too bad for you switchers, great news for the the case manufacturers....if this is indeed the case as Engadget reports it 

Engadget didnt have to report that. It was very clear in the picture of the phone Verizon had up during the announcement. The left side antena break moved from the top left by headphone jack to the top left above the mute switch so they buttons were moved down.

Message 32 of 58 (1,470 Views)
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

Neihn wrote:

Facetime is pure data it does not use the voice network

actually it uses wifi only so it is a mute point unless they hack the phone

"if it can work over the cellular data network then no - Verizon network cannot do voice and data at the same time since it is CDMA"

And that statement was incorrect. Facetime is data only reguardless if its hacked and being used on a cell data network or wifi. So it would still work on the verizon data network if hacked or if Verizon allows Facetime via cell network.

Message 33 of 58 (1,455 Views)
Guru

So, by moving the bands on the sides and top of the iPhone, is that an admission by Apple that it was a problem? I never really had a prob with it. Just putting it out there.
Message 34 of 58 (1,437 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

They said the changes to the band was made due to CDMA antenna design. Read into it what you want.

Message 35 of 58 (1,430 Views)
Scholar

davidusr wrote:
So, by moving the bands on the sides and top of the iPhone, is that an admission by Apple that it was a problem? I never really had a prob with it. Just putting it out there.

They said that it was because of the CDMA chip required a different configuration......BUT, who knows....we'll see if and when the VZW boards are cluttered with antenna issue problems like it was here.

Message 36 of 58 (1,429 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I'm gonna quit, Neihn, LOL, you are a faster typer than me

Message 37 of 58 (1,428 Views)
Mentor

seeya Verizon folks.  I can't wait to see all the complaints in the tech blgos about how the Verizon network can't handle the load bla bla...  Heck I can't even make a call on Verizon where I live.

Message 38 of 58 (1,363 Views)

guzinta_00 wrote:

seeya Verizon folks.  I can't wait to see all the complaints in the tech blgos about how the Verizon network can't handle the load bla bla...  Heck I can't even make a call on Verizon where I live.

Interesting comment.  AT&T's coverage stinks now and isn't getting much better.

Time to calculate the early termination fee.

Message 39 of 58 (1,327 Views)
Master

wireless-user wrote:

guzinta_00 wrote:

Interesting comment.  AT&T's coverage stinks now and isn't getting much better.

Time to calculate the early termination fee.

I hope it isn't too much... Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 40 of 58 (1,317 Views)
Guru

Then you get to buy another iPhone from Verizon. Plus, 20 months before your eligible for an upgrade. But, if you have an i4, that will bring a good chunk of change on eBay...may even cover the ETF fee and price of the new iPhone.
Message 41 of 58 (1,630 Views)
Expert

davidusr wrote:
Then you get to buy another iPhone from Verizon. Plus, 20 months before your eligible for an upgrade. But, if you have an i4, that will bring a good chunk of change on eBay...may even cover the ETF fee and price of the new iPhone.

suspect the sell value of a att iphone is going to end up in the basement.

don;t forget the other change the is rumored for verizon - buyers remorse cut to 14 days

Message 42 of 58 (1,623 Views)
Guru

I was thinking the same thing, but if they hurry...

Oh yeaaaa...only get 14 days now to try it out. Should be plenty of time...
Message 43 of 58 (1,613 Views)
Expert

davidusr wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, but if they hurry...

Oh yeaaaa...only get 14 days now to try it out. Should be plenty of time...

suspect it is to late already - they would have had to sell it before the announcement.

Message 44 of 58 (1,597 Views)
Mentor

The grass always looks greener on the other side... till you get there.

Message 45 of 58 (1,476 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.