VZ has talk & surf over 3G! Ouch...

Scholar

VZ has talk & surf over 3G! Ouch...

And U thought the Thunderbolts ability to talk & surf at the same time was because of 4G! Nope. They're fixin theyre 3G todo that. Those guys aint foolin around.
Message 1 of 8
Expert

Re: VZ has talk & surf over 3G! Ouch...

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
And U thought the Thunderbolts ability to talk & surf at the same time was because of 4G! Nope. They're fixin theyre 3G todo that. Those guys aint foolin around.

so they have one device that can do it - so what? From reading the tech, it is not going to come cheap either

Message 2 of 8
Mentor

They may fix it as they transition to 4G, but don't expect them to go back and retrofit all of their 3G towers.  It would just be way too expensive.  They run they're data and voice streams on separate horns on their towers and it would be way too costly to make a change just for one phone feature.  Ain't going to happen.

Message 3 of 8
Scholar

so they have one device that can do it - so what? 

It's only ATT's whole marketing approach to losing exclusivity......that's all.

Message 4 of 8
Employee

Sprint's WiMax 4G can do voice/data at the same time as well. No biggie, since you're more likely to be on 3G than 4G anyways so

short answer: at&t is the only voice/data carrier

long answer: depending on which carrier you have and where you are in the world you might have voice/data at the same time

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8
Expert

diagoro wrote:

the so what is that voice/data at the same time is NOT exclusive to ATT, it is a benefit of the GSM technology and if you do a search on GSM carriers you will see that in the US and worldwide there are a multitude of carriers that utilize the same technology, so by that definition it is not exclusivity. Kind of hard to be exclusive when dozens of companies can do the exact same thing

Message 6 of 8
Scholar

I did not know Sprint candothat! But thats one of the reasons Ive stayed with ATT. Kinda feel like my bubbles been bust!
KWIM?
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

the so what is that voice/data at the same time is NOT exclusive to ATT, it is a benefit of the GSM technology and if you do a search on GSM carriers you will see that in the US and worldwide there are a multitude of carriers that utilize the same technology, so by that definition it is not exclusivity. Kind of hard to be exclusive when dozens of companies can do the exact same thing

I think they are talking about exclusivity of the iphone.  The Apple fanboys seem to think that losing exclusivity of the iphone is going to cause at&t to go backrupt.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support