Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 23, 2008
11:08:29 AM
VONAGE Users: How to Simu-Ring to include Cell Phone
When Vonage (or other services like Grand Central from Google) simultaneously ring phones, if your Cingular/AT&T phone is off, or out of the service range, it IMMEDIATELY goes to voice mail, and other phones in the ring collection are unable to answer any calls.

To avoid this, I tried to disable call forwarding (to voice mail) or delay the time to go to voice mail, none of that works.

Here's the solution:

Change the Forwarding Telephone number to a number not part of your collection of ring numbers.

NOTE: BEFORE YOU CHANGE THE FORWARDING NUMBER:

WRITE DOWN THE EXISTING FORWARDING NUMBER SO YOU CAN RE-INSTATE YOUR AT&T VOICE MAIL FORWARDING IF YOU WANT TO GET BACK CELL PHONE VOICE MAIL.

If the number you setup to forward TO is to a phone without an answering machine, at least all your phones will ring until something picks up one of the phones.

This is the ONLY way I've found to delay the instant "to voicemail" feature of the cell phone, which defeats the entire purpose of including the cell phone in the collection of phones simultaneously ringing when using Vonage or Grand Central, or some other phone system with lots of user configurable features.

You can also change the number used to get voice mail to your vonage number and read the instructions about how to pickup voice mail from Vonage (or some other service).

And you can have these other services send an e-mail if you get a message. Setup a free Yahoo mail account strictly for this purpose, and if your phone can retrieve yahoo mail, have it do mail retrieval to notify you when a voice message is left on one of your other accounts.

Hope this helps. I can now tell people only ONE number that rings in several places, and I don't give out my cell number on business cards, etc.

When Vonage (or other services like Grand Central from Google) simultaneously ring phones, if your Cingular/AT&T phone is off, or out of the service range, it IMMEDIATELY goes to voice mail, and other phones in the ring collection are unable to answer any calls.

To avoid this, I tried to disable call forwarding (to voice mail) or delay the time to go to voice mail, none of that works.

Here's the solution:

Change the Forwarding Telephone number to a number not part of your collection of ring numbers.

NOTE: BEFORE YOU CHANGE THE FORWARDING NUMBER:

WRITE DOWN THE EXISTING FORWARDING NUMBER SO YOU CAN RE-INSTATE YOUR AT&T VOICE MAIL FORWARDING IF YOU WANT TO GET BACK CELL PHONE VOICE MAIL.

If the number you setup to forward TO is to a phone without an answering machine, at least all your phones will ring until something picks up one of the phones.

This is the ONLY way I've found to delay the instant "to voicemail" feature of the cell phone, which defeats the entire purpose of including the cell phone in the collection of phones simultaneously ringing when using Vonage or Grand Central, or some other phone system with lots of user configurable features.

You can also change the number used to get voice mail to your vonage number and read the instructions about how to pickup voice mail from Vonage (or some other service).

And you can have these other services send an e-mail if you get a message. Setup a free Yahoo mail account strictly for this purpose, and if your phone can retrieve yahoo mail, have it do mail retrieval to notify you when a voice message is left on one of your other accounts.

Hope this helps. I can now tell people only ONE number that rings in several places, and I don't give out my cell number on business cards, etc.

VONAGE Users: How to Simu-Ring to include Cell Phone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 11:55:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
How did you change the AT&T forwarding number to your voicemail? I looked under my account management online and could not find any customization for my voicemail. Thanks
How did you change the AT&T forwarding number to your voicemail? I looked under my account management online and could not find any customization for my voicemail. Thanks

Re: VONAGE Users: How to Simu-Ring to include Cell Phone

2 of 3 (3,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 12:00:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

augusto_7116 wrote:

Check under the phone menus, there should be call forwarding. If not, use GSM codes:
*#61# [SEND], *#62# [SEND], *#67# [SEND] to query the current numbers.

**62*+1xxxyyyzzzz# [SEND]
**67*+1xxxyyyzzzz# [SEND]
**61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*nn# [SEND], where nn is delay in 5 second incerements, between 5 and 30.

augusto_7116 wrote:

Check under the phone menus, there should be call forwarding. If not, use GSM codes:
*#61# [SEND], *#62# [SEND], *#67# [SEND] to query the current numbers.

**62*+1xxxyyyzzzz# [SEND]
**67*+1xxxyyyzzzz# [SEND]
**61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*nn# [SEND], where nn is delay in 5 second incerements, between 5 and 30.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: VONAGE Users: How to Simu-Ring to include Cell Phone

3 of 3 (3,916 Views)