VOICE MAIL CHARGES - YOU ARE BEING CHARGED,,,, let me show you how....

Highlighted
Contributor

VOICE MAIL CHARGES - YOU ARE BEING CHARGED,,,, let me show you how....

[ Edited ]

I am looking into a matter regarding charges for voice mail, I know not many of you know how to actually review your cellular bill in an excel format, and validate it.

I am looking into testing a matter with AT&T directly, for those of you reading this and want to participate I would need only a .CSV copy of one phone bill, and preferably if you changed or upgraded your service, the phone bill immediately following that transition. If you email me [personal content edited] I will give you my phone number and explain in greater detail what I am attempting to achieve.

It will be worth your time and no this is not a scam.....

My name is Kaiolani and I look forward to hearing from you........

Message 1 of 8 (855 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: VOICE MAIL CHARGES - YOU ARE BEING CHARGED,,,, let me show you how....

All major providers charge for voicemail calls. It has been that way for years.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (846 Views)
Guru

Maybe it's because I am on a prepaid plan but I have never been charged for voicemail.

Message 3 of 8 (841 Views)
Expert

kaiofhawaii4ever wrote:

I am looking into a matter regarding charges for voice mail, I know not many of you know how to actually review your cellular bill in an excel format, and validate it.

I am looking into testing a matter with AT&T directly, for those of you reading this and want to participate I would need only a .CSV copy of one phone bill, and preferably if you changed or upgraded your service, the phone bill immediately following that transition. If you email me [personal content edited] I will give you my phone number and explain in greater detail what I am attempting to achieve.

It will be worth your time and no this is not a scam.....

My name is Kaiolani and I look forward to hearing from you........

just like verizon ATT charges airtime for checking your voicemail, this is documented in the terms of service

"Basic Voicemail is included with all our calling plans, standard airtime charges apply. AT&T offers Visual Voicemail and Voicemail to Text on select devices. Enhanced Voicemail is also available. To add a voicemail service to your account, visit www.att.com/mywireless. "

Message 4 of 8 (834 Views)
ACE - Expert

there is not really a "charge", but it uses minutes of your plan. That is what the complaint is for.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8 (819 Views)
Expert

kdfederer wrote:
there is not really a "charge", but it uses minutes of your plan. That is what the complaint is for.

All carriers deduct from minutes on checking voice mail, you are "charged" for pressing send on the phone be it voice mail, a friend or a automagic forward to a different number, do not see the issue at all.

Message 6 of 8 (812 Views)
Professor

Razr8 wrote:

Maybe it's because I am on a prepaid plan but I have never been charged for voicemail.

I learn something new every day. I'm on a prepaid (not at&t) and I get charged for the duration of the message or when I exit, whichever is shorter.

Message 7 of 8 (806 Views)
Guru

ilikewireless wrote:

Razr8 wrote:

I learn something new every day. I'm on a prepaid (not at&t) and I get charged for the duration of the message or when I exit, whichever is shorter.

My mistake Ilikewireless, I may have jumped the gun a bit when I made my first post. I should have pointed out I'm on the monthly unlimited plan so that's why I don't get charged for voicemail.

Message 8 of 8 (797 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.