Uverse Wireless Key

Professor

Uverse Wireless Key

Can you the Uverse Wireless Key on your Blackberry without paying Internet usage fees on your wireless bill?

Message 2 of 16 (1,238 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Uverse Wireless Key

Hi there!

When you connect to a wireless network on a blackberry device, your data plan will not be used. Smiley Happy Instead, it will use the WiFi signal. Smiley Happy

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 16 (1,237 Views)
Professor

OK, SO i DO NOT HAVE To pay a monthly data plan on my cell bill in order to acess the Internet on the Blackberry using my Uverse Wireless Key, right?

Message 4 of 16 (1,233 Views)
Professor

I don't have to tell AT&T to add any data plans to use Wi-Fi, right? Thanks again.

Tony

Message 5 of 16 (1,230 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]
Since the Blackberry devices are smartphones, a data plan is required. The plan is as low as $15 for 200MB/ monthly. Smiley Wink

But as I mentioned before, when you connect to a Wi-Fi connection at home, public hotspot etc, your phone will use the Wi-Fi signal instead of your data plan. I hope that makes sense! I apologize if my previous post was confusing. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 16 (1,226 Views)
Professor

So I still have to pay in order to use the WI fI. i CAn't just punch the wireless key number in If someone is paying 15 bucks a month for a data plan do they get charged more everytime they use the Internet w/ o WiFi.Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but why I have free wi fi, if you have to pay to use it?

Message 7 of 16 (1,218 Views)
ACE - Professor

Wi-Fi is completely free of charge and you may use it as often as you'd like. Smiley Happy I was adding that although you may use Wi-Fi, AT&T does require smartphones to have a data plan. This requirement was added a while ago. Smiley Wink

If you are using your 200MB of data (no Wi-Fi), then you will not be charged more. You will pay $15 a month. Smiley Wink

If you have a data plan, like the 200MB plan for example, and you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your blackberry will use the wifi signal and will not be charged. Your data plan usage will not be impacted at all. Smiley Happy

I hope that makes sense. I apologize for any confusion caused in my previous posts. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 16 (1,208 Views)
Professor

OK, Thanks, Evandela

Message 10 of 16 (1,188 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Glad to help! Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 16 (941 Views)
Professor

Blackberry

Excuse if this has been asked before. Does anybody here use the Internet on their Blackberry via the Uverse Wireless Key? Do you have to pay for Internet usage on your wireless bill before you can use the Uverse Wireless Key?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Message 1 of 16 (1,217 Views)
Expert

Re: Blackberry

Hey NLT good to see you.  Ok, back on topic.

Message 8 of 16 (1,209 Views)
Expert

I don't have a BB, but use the iPod Touch with UV Wi-Fi.  The Touch is like the iPhone except no phone or 3/4G.

You should be able to turn off the 3G and just use Wi-Fi?

It sounds like you want to avoid getting charged for data on your Wireless bill?

Message 12 of 16 (944 Views)
Professor

spd2demun wrote:

I don't have a BB, but use the iPod Touch with UV Wi-Fi.  The Touch is like the iPhone except no phone or 3/4G.

You should be able to turn off the 3G and just use Wi-Fi?

It sounds like you want to avoid getting charged for data on your Wireless bill?

Yes, Spd.On top of my phone above the clock, it says AT&T-2WIRE559, THEN IN THE RIGHT CORNER IT SAYS 3G, then the signal bars, then the Wi-Fi fan shaped icon.

Message 13 of 16 (918 Views)
Professor

Another question, would I be charged if I add Uverse mobile but just use it under Wi Fi?

Message 14 of 16 (917 Views)
Professor

I have to keep the 3g on or else the phone won't work. So when it says ATT- 2WIRE 559 on top, I should be getting my Internet thru Wi Fi  only, right?

Message 15 of 16 (906 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.