Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 22, 2011
4:39:34 PM
View profile
Uverse Wireless Key

Can you the Uverse Wireless Key on your Blackberry without paying Internet usage fees on your wireless bill?

Can you the Uverse Wireless Key on your Blackberry without paying Internet usage fees on your wireless bill?

Uverse Wireless Key

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:44:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi there!

When you connect to a wireless network on a blackberry device, your data plan will not be used. :smileyhappy: Instead, it will use the WiFi signal. :smileyhappy:

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :smileyhappy:

Hi there!

When you connect to a wireless network on a blackberry device, your data plan will not be used. :smileyhappy: Instead, it will use the WiFi signal. :smileyhappy:

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse Wireless Key

3 of 16 (1,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:56:38 PM
(0)
Professor

OK, SO i DO NOT HAVE To pay a monthly data plan on my cell bill in order to acess the Internet on the Blackberry using my Uverse Wireless Key, right?

OK, SO i DO NOT HAVE To pay a monthly data plan on my cell bill in order to acess the Internet on the Blackberry using my Uverse Wireless Key, right?

4 of 16 (1,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:58:45 PM
(0)
Professor

I don't have to tell AT&T to add any data plans to use Wi-Fi, right? Thanks again.

Tony

I don't have to tell AT&T to add any data plans to use Wi-Fi, right? Thanks again.

Tony

5 of 16 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 5:17:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Rayosun on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:20:48 PM
Since the Blackberry devices are smartphones, a data plan is required. The plan is as low as $15 for 200MB/ monthly. :smileywink:

But as I mentioned before, when you connect to a Wi-Fi connection at home, public hotspot etc, your phone will use the Wi-Fi signal instead of your data plan. I hope that makes sense! I apologize if my previous post was confusing. :smileyhappy:
Since the Blackberry devices are smartphones, a data plan is required. The plan is as low as $15 for 200MB/ monthly. :smileywink:

But as I mentioned before, when you connect to a Wi-Fi connection at home, public hotspot etc, your phone will use the Wi-Fi signal instead of your data plan. I hope that makes sense! I apologize if my previous post was confusing. :smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
6 of 16 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 6:35:27 PM
(0)
Professor

So I still have to pay in order to use the WI fI. i CAn't just punch the wireless key number in If someone is paying 15 bucks a month for a data plan do they get charged more everytime they use the Internet w/ o WiFi.Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but why I have free wi fi, if you have to pay to use it?

So I still have to pay in order to use the WI fI. i CAn't just punch the wireless key number in If someone is paying 15 bucks a month for a data plan do they get charged more everytime they use the Internet w/ o WiFi.Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but why I have free wi fi, if you have to pay to use it?

7 of 16 (1,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 2:40:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Wi-Fi is completely free of charge and you may use it as often as you'd like. :smileyhappy: I was adding that although you may use Wi-Fi, AT&T does require smartphones to have a data plan. This requirement was added a while ago. :smileywink:

If you are using your 200MB of data (no Wi-Fi), then you will not be charged more. You will pay $15 a month. :smileywink:

If you have a data plan, like the 200MB plan for example, and you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your blackberry will use the wifi signal and will not be charged. Your data plan usage will not be impacted at all. :smileyhappy:

I hope that makes sense. I apologize for any confusion caused in my previous posts. :smileyhappy:
Wi-Fi is completely free of charge and you may use it as often as you'd like. :smileyhappy: I was adding that although you may use Wi-Fi, AT&T does require smartphones to have a data plan. This requirement was added a while ago. :smileywink:

If you are using your 200MB of data (no Wi-Fi), then you will not be charged more. You will pay $15 a month. :smileywink:

If you have a data plan, like the 200MB plan for example, and you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your blackberry will use the wifi signal and will not be charged. Your data plan usage will not be impacted at all. :smileyhappy:

I hope that makes sense. I apologize for any confusion caused in my previous posts. :smileyhappy:

9 of 16 (1,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 2:48:58 PM
(0)
Professor

OK, Thanks, Evandela

OK, Thanks, Evandela

10 of 16 (1,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 2:54:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Glad to help! :smileyhappy:

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

~ Evandela ~

Glad to help! :smileyhappy:

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

~ Evandela ~

11 of 16 (823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:35:34 PM
(0)
Professor

Excuse if this has been asked before. Does anybody here use the Internet on their Blackberry via the Uverse Wireless Key? Do you have to pay for Internet usage on your wireless bill before you can use the Uverse Wireless Key?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Excuse if this has been asked before. Does anybody here use the Internet on their Blackberry via the Uverse Wireless Key? Do you have to pay for Internet usage on your wireless bill before you can use the Uverse Wireless Key?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Blackberry

1 of 16 (1,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 9:14:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hey NLT good to see you.  Ok, back on topic.

Hey NLT good to see you.  Ok, back on topic.

Re: Blackberry

8 of 16 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 9:44:29 PM
(0)
Expert

I don't have a BB, but use the iPod Touch with UV Wi-Fi.  The Touch is like the iPhone except no phone or 3/4G.

You should be able to turn off the 3G and just use Wi-Fi?

It sounds like you want to avoid getting charged for data on your Wireless bill?

I don't have a BB, but use the iPod Touch with UV Wi-Fi.  The Touch is like the iPhone except no phone or 3/4G.

It sounds like you want to avoid getting charged for data on your Wireless bill?

12 of 16 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 1:03:01 PM
(0)
Professor

spd2demun wrote:

Yes, Spd.On top of my phone above the clock, it says AT&T-2WIRE559, THEN IN THE RIGHT CORNER IT SAYS 3G, then the signal bars, then the Wi-Fi fan shaped icon.

spd2demun wrote:

Yes, Spd.On top of my phone above the clock, it says AT&T-2WIRE559, THEN IN THE RIGHT CORNER IT SAYS 3G, then the signal bars, then the Wi-Fi fan shaped icon.

13 of 16 (800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 1:04:33 PM
(0)
Professor

Another question, would I be charged if I add Uverse mobile but just use it under Wi Fi?

Another question, would I be charged if I add Uverse mobile but just use it under Wi Fi?

14 of 16 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 12:57:20 PM
(0)
Professor

I have to keep the 3g on or else the phone won't work. So when it says ATT- 2WIRE 559 on top, I should be getting my Internet thru Wi Fi  only, right?

I have to keep the 3g on or else the phone won't work. So when it says ATT- 2WIRE 559 on top, I should be getting my Internet thru Wi Fi  only, right?

15 of 16 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 5:37:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi, I'm currently in London for the next 2 months, and I got a cheap international phone, but I wanted to put the SIM card into my blackberry torch so I don't have to use a phone that looks like its from 1993. Is there an unlock code so that I can use a different SIM card? Please help!

Hi, I'm currently in London for the next 2 months, and I got a cheap international phone, but I wanted to put the SIM card into my blackberry torch so I don't have to use a phone that looks like its from 1993. Is there an unlock code so that I can use a different SIM card? Please help!

16 of 16 (763 Views)