Helpful Links

Using someone else's upgrade

Contributor

Using someone else's upgrade

I ordered an iPhone 4 using my dad's current upgrade. I have an iPhone 3g. My question is, will I be able to activate the microSIM card it comes with with my phone number, or will I have to take it to my local store and purchase a new SIM? Also, if I have to purchase a new SIM, how much would that cost me, if it costs anything at all? I still have my old cingular SIM card.(If that means anything) Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: Using someone else's upgrade

take it to a AT&T corprate store and do the activation,might have to buy a new sim card so they can activate on your number.

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Any idea how much that might cost, if anything?

Message 3 of 5
Master

They could sell it for $25 but if you are nice they will probably just give it to you.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

I used my husband's upgrade last week to get an IPhone. Once the IPhone came I had to call AT&T back and get them to remove the parked equipment off my husband's account and put it on mine so that it didn't take away his Android phone or his insurance off his account or disturb his grandfathered unlimited data plan. Once they put the equipment on my line, he had me place my OLD sim card in the IPhone. I had selected a data plan already. I didn't have to buy a new SIm card.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support